Sign in to follow this  
herisites

New Quattro Concept - Corradoish

Just saw pictures of it in Autocar at lunch and thought the exact same thing, rear side windows and the swage line on the quarter panel are very similar.

It is absolutely stunning in the metal, was there for the reveal this morning - that and the new Jag were the stars of the show for me although the new BMW 6 series is also absolutely stunning - as were the girls on the Fiat stand, made the others look like real munters

That actually looks more like a Corrado then an original Quattro but I love it, shame the front end has to be so high to meet impact regulations but I really hope they build it.

The e-tron Spyder was equally as stunning and is apparently close to production - pity Audis latest production cars are so lame in comparison

...........for me although the new BMW 6 series is also absolutely stunning........

Off topic a tad but totally agree with that. BMW seem to be getting more on track as I love the new 5 as well, carries off its weight and size so well - makes the A5's design look cumbersome and heavy handed in comparison :? !! Had a new 5 crusie up behind me the other day and had to keep glancing back at it as I couldnt believe it was a four door saloon.

Also love the new quattro concept, shape is so well proportioned and unlike anything on the road at the moment ......come on Audi !!

Awesome!

Want.....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=397375

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=397363

It makes sense as well. I was really disappointed with VW Sirocco, it is too soft, and has none of the poise, edge that the original or Corrado had. just feels like a Golf.

But maybe this was the plan all along form the mighty VW/Audi group. Use the Sirocco for VW, and keep their powder dry for the Audi mark.

The more I look at this car the more I am desparate for one!!

A while ago I toyed with the idea of getting some cash by selling some property I have and basically building a 2008 (it was a while ago after all) version of the Corrado by having a coachworks firm make some (quite) subtle bodywork changes, have a reworked interior with some completely new dash parts and changes to the basic layout and then having all of the mechanics updated... basically a new Corrado with R32 conversion and 4wd... Would have been magnificent and cost about 12-15k all in...

All completely useless now though as that is pretty much what the new Audi Quattro would be in almost exact detail!

Car I have most wanted EVER outside of the Corrado? Yes!