VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

Anyone able/mind lending me something capable for the historic (Expert) races? Tried the Facebook Jag thing but wouldn't let me create any grudges :(

Anyone able/mind lending me something capable for the historic (Expert) races? Tried the Facebook Jag thing but wouldn't let me create any grudges :(

lol I asked first boy! :p

True.

But the person lending me the appropriate car will find they don't get banned from using the forum :) :) :)

Your move :D

True.

But the person lending me the appropriate car will find they don't get banned from using the forum :)

Your move :D

Any one willing to lend me the car I require, PM me first... "So who's getting banned?" ;)

Any one willing to lend me the car I require, PM me first... "So who's getting banned?" ;)

Oh yeah I said I'd lend you one of mine, what's your PSN ID? I need to add you as a friend first (mine's purplemonkey79).

Anyone able/mind lending me something capable for the historic (Expert) races? Tried the Facebook Jag thing but wouldn't let me create any grudges

Wouldn't worry about that, rado-steve tried it with the chrome jag but it doesn't have a manufactured date so the game doesn't recognise it as a pre 1970's motor :(

I'll lend you one of my other early racecars, you can only send one car a day though and I said I'd lend Peebee one first so it won't be til tomorrow.

Let me know if either of you has a preference, got three cars capable of winning the historic races, Toyota 7 race car, Jag XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4.

Ooo ye, I completed the first endurance race today, 60 laps. Luckily I used my formula 1 car, finished 16 laps ahead of second place. :)

Ooo ye, I completed the first endurance race today, 60 laps. Luckily I used my formula 1 car, finished 16 laps ahead of second place. :)

Good stuff, I did the Laguna Seca 200 miles the other day, used a Red Bull X1, 90 laps averaging 53s per lap doesn't take long!

Sent you a FR on PSN btw

This my garage now if anyone wants to trade stuff http://www.mygranturismo.net/9735 I'm after both Chapparals, RS200 rally car, Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, Lotus Carlton, Maclaren F1 GTR race car, Jag XJ220 LM and XJR-9 LM

I'll lend you one of my other early racecars, you can only send one car a day though and I said I'd lend Peebee one first so it won't be til tomorrow.

Let me know if either of you has a preference, got three cars capable of winning the historic races, Toyota 7 race car, Jag XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4.

Thanks Steve, appreciated. Not too fussed really - happy to take whichever you think is best (easiest to win!!) :)

Cheers

Tom

Well I've completed the a spec historics, the b spec is another story all together.

Did you do it steve?

Well I've completed the a spec historics, the b spec is another story all together.

Did you do it steve?

I did but didn't have the Jag at the time so used the Toyota 7 to win it, my b-spec driver struggled even with that, he was ok around grand valley but really struggled to overtake round Monaco. It's one of those that you're better off leaving til they're a higher level.

Thanks Steve, appreciated. Not too fussed really - happy to take whichever you think is best (easiest to win!!) :)

Cheers

Tom

Well rado-steve is borrowing the Toyota 7 so you're left with the Ferrari, I just had a crack at it myself and won both races with it. Monaco was ruddy close though, had to adjust the transmission, suspension, aero & LSD to win it, even then I had a Chapparal up my chuff for the last two laps and had a heck of a battle staying in front, was like Senna vs Mansell years ago!

It's great fun to drive though, I turn the aids off except traction control and ABS left on 1 it's a feisty old thing, beautifuly balanced though. You could always turbo it as well.

One thing with those historical races I noticed, the starting grid is random so if you get the Chapparals near the front exit the race and load it again, if they get in first place they'll just disappear into the horizon, but the AI struggles with traffic so if you can get a few slower cars between you and them it's easy enough to win.

Good man, I enjoy a challenge!

Presumably if you've made those changes to the car, they'll stay with it when it's transferred. Anyway, if you don't mind lending it for 24 hours (once you're able), fire it over.

Unfortunately I don't have the calibre of car you're looking for :(

Sent you the Ferrari earlier pal, not sure if it keeps the settings but if the max speed is set to 140odd mph then it's how I set it up for Monaco. It's a challenge but it's a fun one, there's room for mistakes to be made in the race

Cheers Steve, just picked it up but might be a couple of days before I get chance to get the races out of the way ... if that's ok?

Just had a quick play and she's a handful on the power with the assistance off! That's on a pad though so very little throttle control!

Anyone got a quick German mobile? Somehow the quickest German I've got has about 200bhp modded lol

I'm more than happy to lend out some of mine if anyone needs. Just unfortunately lacking on proper race cars at the current stage I'm up to.

Sounds good, cheers Mr Bee.

ID is: TheMagicalDuck

Literally just need it for two races so will have it back quickly. Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers Steve, just picked it up but might be a couple of days before I get chance to get the races out of the way ... if that's ok?

Just had a quick play and she's a handful on the power with the assistance off! That's on a pad though so very little throttle control!

Yeah no worries, there's no rush.

Just takes practice to drive without the aids, I use the pad as well and once you get used to it you'll drive much faster without them. Doing the AMG driving academy at the moment and tried using the ASM in the wet race but found it slowing me down too much to get better than bronze, turned it off and comfortably got silver :)

There are exceptions though, I always leave ABS on 1, and set TCS to 1 in 300BHP+ 2wd cars. With the top spec racecars (X1, F1 & LM) I use TCS 6 and 'skid recovery force' on, otherwise you just can't control them with a pad.

Oh yeah I've got a Mercedes 190 Evo 2 going spare if anyone wants it, never realised you got one as a prize car when I bought it, it's never been driven since it had an engine rebuild and chassis overhaul.

Sounds good, cheers Mr Bee.

ID is: TheMagicalDuck

Literally just need it for two races so will have it back quickly. Thanks in advance! :)

I've sent you a friends request, get me added so I can send you my Abt TT Touring Car, she's Wovery! ;)

Got myself a Chapparal 2J for the Historic races.......It only has 3 gears WTF??? Anyway B-Spec Bob loves it...romped the B-Spec historic races...all good!

Still have the NASCAR Steve, Will return it after I've cracked the Pesky B-Spec NASCAR..Grrrrr

There are exceptions though, I always leave ABS on 1, and set TCS to 1 in 300BHP+ 2wd cars. With the top spec racecars (X1, F1 & LM) I use TCS 6 and 'skid recovery force' on, otherwise you just can't control them with a pad.

Oh yeah I've got a Mercedes 190 Evo 2 going spare if anyone wants it, never realised you got one as a prize car when I bought it, it's never been driven since it had an engine rebuild and chassis overhaul.

Happy to take that off your hands Steve if it's going spare? Bit short on nice German cars!

That Chapparal is mental quick around Monaco! Think I need a strategy rather than just ability!

Mr Bee, thanks for the Audi Touring - just blitzed the German races at Extreme level and you're right, it's a superb little beast!