VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

Finally got to the Red Bull X1 Challenge yesterday, that thing is utterly ridiculous, F1 cars seem slow now :shock: Should be a good challenge though, first time I managed a clean lap I was 20 seconds off the bronze time, to get gold you need to beat Sebastien Vettel's time. I've got 15 years experience playing games, he's only the quickest racing driver in the world at the moment, should be easy enough :lol:

Anyhow, thought I'd show off some of the better cars I've got hold of now. Anyone saving up for the Ferrari F1 cars should know you can only use it in practice mode or in races against other Ferrari F1's, in other words it's useless, I found this out the hard way :(

Finally got to the Red Bull X1 Challenge yesterday, that thing is utterly ridiculous, F1 cars seem slow now :shock: Should be a good challenge though, first time I managed a clean lap I was 20 seconds off the bronze time, to get gold you need to beat Sebastien Vettel's time. I've got 15 years experience playing games, he's only the quickest racing driver in the world at the moment, should be easy enough :lol:

Anyhow, thought I'd show off some of the better cars I've got hold of now. Anyone saving up for the Ferrari F1 cars should know you can only use it in practice mode or in races against other Ferrari F1's, in other words it's useless, I found this out the hard way :(

How in gods name do you earn the pennys to buy all those lovely cars? It's taking forever to earn 4 mil to buy a race car at 99,000 a win.

How in gods name do you earn the pennys to buy all those lovely cars? It's taking forever to earn 4 mil to buy a race car at 99,000 a win.

To be fair they were all prize cars except the bentley (4m), T16 (2m), P330 (20m) and F2007 (12.5m). Money's not much of a problem once you get far enough, you can earn a lot from the seasonal events and in b-spec you can get about 1m per hour with next to no interaction in the dreamcar championship. Then there's the 'like the wind' race in a-spec which pays about 100K for 4mins work.

I've also got my b-spec drivers doing endurance races whenever I'm asleep or at work

Oh and I bought an RS4 and tuned it up to 600hp if you still fancy racing them Monzablau

To be fair they were all prize cars except the bentley (4m), T16 (2m), P330 (20m) and F2007 (12.5m). Money's not much of a problem once you get far enough, you can earn a lot from the seasonal events and in b-spec you can get about 1m per hour with next to no interaction in the dreamcar championship. Then there's the 'like the wind' race in a-spec which pays about 100K for 4mins work.

I've also got my b-spec drivers doing endurance races whenever I'm asleep or at work

Oh and I bought an RS4 and tuned it up to 600hp if you still fancy racing them Monzablau

Ok...So where did you find the Rally T16...Have the road version, The Bentley and that toyota thing????

And where is the seb vettel challange???

Vettel challenge opens up in the challenge section once you get to level 30 I think ... ?

Really missing playing GT5 :(

Ok...So where did you find the Rally T16...Have the road version, The Bentley and that toyota thing????

And where is the seb vettel challange???

Both of them turned up in the used car dealership you just have to keep checking it, I've been after the Mercedes 190 Evo 2 DTM car for ages, saw it early on when I couldn't afford it and haven't seen it since

As VR6 says the Vettel challenge appears when you get to level 30 in a-spec or b-spec, I'm up to level 29 in a-spec and can't imagine getting much higher, it takes forever to level up now, the only races that pay enough xp are the endurance races and I can't be bothered doing the longer ones. 24hrs of the ring can feck right off!

The Indy 500 wasn't too bad though (got the XJ13 for that), neither was the 60-laps of grand valley

im goin to do some racin online if anyone fancies it?

maybe all make a car, 250bhp limit, front wheel drive, the rest is up to you

anyone suggest any other race specs?

I'll add ya when I get online. I've got a NASCAR!

cheers Mate :notworthy:

Sorry dude I won't be able to send you my NASCAR for a while, found I still have races to do. :-(

Just got a free Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line from the Sony GT5 facebook app, essentially it's a regular XJ13 with slightly more power, a bit less weight, chrome slug trails and GT5 decals on the doors (it looks more tasteful than you might imagine).

There's a guide on this page, only takes a few minutes and you get a car capable of winning the historic races for free 8) The codes you get aren't linked to your PS3 ID so if you're not on facebook you could always get someone else to do it for you.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135391

Also noticed you can backup your save game to a usb drive now, handy for buying cars and trying them out, if you don't like it simply reload the save game and get your money back :)

lend Me a NASCAR Please :norty:

Oh yeah and i accidently bought another Mclaren MP4-12C :gag:

Selling it only gives 67K credits So anyone wanna trade it for summat interesting???? It is in the best colour possible for a McLaren :clap:

What's wrong with it? lol I've probably done most the major parts of the game with mine!

In McLaren Orange as well :grin:

What's wrong with it? lol I've probably done most the major parts of the game with mine!

In McLaren Orange as well :grin:

Nothing Dude, I bought it by accident...doh! Already have one tweaked,

Selling it only gives 67K credits So anyone wanna trade it for summat interesting???? It is in the best colour possible for a McLaren :clap:

you can borrow mine if you still need one, keep it as long as you like, there's nothing I need it for now

(just sent a friend request)

you can borrow mine if you still need one, keep it as long as you like, there's nothing I need it for now

(just sent a friend request)[/quote:1ia76yf9]

Cheers Ears...will be in a few days as I'm on shift at mo so no access to PS3 online :(

By any chance does any one have a Historic race car for me to use? I'm peebee101 if you do, or you just fancy adding me.

By any chance does any one have a Historic race car for me to use? I'm peebee101 if you do, or you just fancy adding me.

I can lend you one of mine but not til tomorrow (you can only send one car per day it seems), although if you're on facebook you can get one in about 5 mins from the link I posted on the last page.

It really is dead easy, all you do is install the Sony GT5 app, play one game and at the end of it challenge some randoms to beat your score, you then get a free PSN code that gives you a free XJ13 race car (20m from the dealership)

The game itself consists of watching a rally car go round a 2 min course and taking pictures of it along the way, your score doesn't even matter

Cheers chap, had a lil look for it but couldn't find it, ill borrow yours. I'll pick it up when I'm on next.

Thanks again... :-)