VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

Anyone want a '66 Shelby Cobra 427? 7 litre, 470bhp weighing 1068kg.

Got one spare so someone's welcome to it if it's any use ... ?

i'll take it mate. :D thanks

I gave the seasonal events a go last night, well one of them the RX7 one. Found it tough. How does it work then, do you only get the prize money if you finish 1st? :shrug:

K I'll fire it over in the next hour :)

Are you talking about a bonus race or a time trial? I think the time trials only pay out when the date expires. You're competing against other GT5'ers. However, the bonus races pay out right away and you're just competing against the AI.

They payout based on position and you only get paid again if you place better than you have done before.

Ah that one. Tsuksuba or something?!

Yeah I've found it tough to win as well. Can get my laps consistently into 1 minute 2 seconds but I think you need to be lapping around a minute to catch up enough.

I was all set for buying a PS3 to nestle alongside my 360, until I played this game on my bro's machine over Xmas, we soon realized there is no option to upgrade brakes on any car that you are modifying.

Now am I missing the point here, or is this a massive gaping omission on Sony's part?

Seems odd being able to improve every other part of the car but not the brakes?

I was all set for buying a PS3 to nestle alongside my 360, until I played this game on my bro's machine over Xmas, we soon realized there is no option to upgrade brakes on any car that you are modifying.

Now am I missing the point here, or is this a massive gaping omission on Sony's part?

I wouldn't not buy the game because you can't upgrade the brakes. It's not like the brakes are noticeably cak or anything. You can play with the ABS and traction control so it's not like you're without options. The brake upgrade would just basically be .... Upgrade Brakes? Yes? Thanks, that's 5,000 credits.

I wouldn't not buy the game because you can't upgrade the brakes. It's not like the brakes are noticeably cak or anything. You can play with the ABS and traction control so it's not like you're without options. The brake upgrade would just basically be .... Upgrade Brakes? Yes? Thanks, that's 5,000 credits.

Yeah i agree, i dont think they could make them any better then they are now. They're good now without an 'upgrade'.

The brakes on my 200bhp Yaris were sh1t though! :lol:

In fairness though the game is bloody good, gotta get saving my pennies for the console, and a nice set to play it on (still in the SD dark age in my house at the mo... :sad: )

They payout based on position and you only get paid again if you place better than you have done before.

Does that mean you can come 10th and get 1,000 CR

Then come 9th and get 2,000 CR

Then come 8th and get 3,000 CR

etc :norty:

Yeah I think so ... OR basically I think if you finish 5th, you get paid for that place and all below it.

Yeah I think so ... OR basically I think if you finish 5th, you get paid for that place and all below it.

Thats a time saver.

I tried a drift race on the seasonal events. Comfort tyres on an 800hp F450 is not good :eek: But my first attempt i got an impressive 5000 points. Was quite chuffed with myself until i saw the top score is 25,000 and i ranked about 800,000th :epicfail:

I've totally fallen in love with GT5 lol it's ace. The Veyron on amazing when tuned up to 1200BHP : D

Is the Veyron not still a heavy old beast compared to the 700kg Race Cars pushing out 800bhp? I want to totally mod the Veyron but just worry it's a waste of time vs something a lot lighter with potentially better power to weight ratio.

Is the Veyron not still a heavy old beast compared to the 700kg Race Cars pushing out 800bhp? I want to totally mod the Veyron but just worry it's a waste of time vs something a lot lighter with potentially better power to weight ratio.

I know it's a bloter but I find once you shorten the ratio she flys off the line and I lap most of the other cars.

I know it's a bloter but I find once you shorten the ratio she flys off the line and I lap most of the other cars.

Its crap when in comes to the corners though, great when your racing on a track with a big long straight though :D

My car of choice though is the Dodge Viper fully tuned up to 900+BHP sounds amazing, goes amazing, straight and corner!

Can I just say technology is great, I'm sat down my favourate pub, drinking my favouate pint whilst chatting on my favourate forum. :-)

What race do you have to win to get the Veyron?

The Mclaren F1 LM is also a mighty car and thats when i havent modded it in anyway.

The gran turismo world series

I do have one question! How do you get a truck to take part on the truck event? Never been able to do it.

The pick up thing? you actually win a pick up on one of the races. I sold it for the £££ and didnt realise id need it. Cant seem to find one either. If anyone has one i can borrow feel free to send if over :D

I do have one question! How do you get a truck to take part on the truck event? Never been able to do it.

You win a dodge ram by completing International A license (i think) getting a bronze