VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

Happy to take that off your hands Steve if it's going spare? Bit short on nice German cars!

That Chapparal is mental quick around Monaco! Think I need a strategy rather than just ability!

Mr Bee, thanks for the Audi Touring - just blitzed the German races at Extreme level and you're right, it's a superb little beast!

You need to gear your car right in to say a top speed of 130mph, force your way to the front then hold the position.

I actually finished Monaco first time, I still really struggle with the deep forest one.

Got myself a Chapparal 2J for the Historic races.......It only has 3 gears WTF??? Anyway B-Spec Bob loves it...romped the B-Spec historic races...all good!

Still have the NASCAR Steve, Will return it after I've cracked the Pesky B-Spec NASCAR..Grrrrr

How do you win the Chapparal then?it's a right nightmare to get past, could be useful.

Got myself a Chapparal 2J for the Historic races.......It only has 3 gears WTF??? Anyway B-Spec Bob loves it...romped the B-Spec historic races...all good!

Still have the NASCAR Steve, Will return it after I've cracked the Pesky B-Spec NASCAR..Grrrrr

Had to change the settings a fair bit for the b-spec mode, my ai driver kept ruining his rear tyres after 4 laps and spinning out on the twisty tracks and on Daytona would get in front then drop to last place in the last two laps ... bastrd!

Managed to win it with the aid of this guide, the same settings also work well for a-spec

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/941103-gran-turismo-5/57796526

How do you win the Chapparal then?it's a right nightmare to get past, could be useful.

Sadly they're not prize cars, you have to buy them from the used car dealership, they're pretty rare though, I've only seen them once and couldn't afford them at the time. The Toyota 7 race car can beat them easy enough when you tune the engine up, you'll get that for winning 'Like the Wind' in b-spec

Another good thing about b-spec is you get given a red bull X2010 when you reach level 35 :)

I Traded a Glanza Turbo for my 2J race car believe it or not :) Try the Marketplace on GTPlanet it's pretty Cool to get stuff :)

Could do. Not really sure it needs attention though (reason for sticky). At least one of us tends to post here every day (or two at worst).

The amount of salivating you're all doing over your virtual cars, I think it's sticky enough as it is in here... ;)

I have GT5... and not wow'd by it yet.

Perhaps I need some time to get into it.

Or I'm just better at NFS... ;)

The amount of salivating you're all doing over your virtual cars, I think it's sticky enough as it is in here... ;)

I have GT5... and not wow'd by it yet.

Perhaps I need some time to get into it.

Or I'm just better at NFS... ;)

You need to get your arse into it a bit more mate. :) the better the cars get, the more addicted you become! :p

I've just downloaded the latest updates to gt5, now the "chat" feature in the lounge wont work for some reason. Before I could voice chat to my mates while we raced etc but not anymore....any one else having the same issue or know how to resolve it?

I did but didn't have the Jag at the time so used the Toyota 7 to win it, my b-spec driver struggled even with that, he was ok around grand valley but really struggled to overtake round Monaco. It's one of those that you're better off leaving til they're a higher level.

Well rado-steve is borrowing the Toyota 7 so you're left with the Ferrari, I just had a crack at it myself and won both races with it. Monaco was ruddy close though, had to adjust the transmission, suspension, aero & LSD to win it, even then I had a Chapparal up my chuff for the last two laps and had a heck of a battle staying in front, was like Senna vs Mansell years ago!

It's great fun to drive though, I turn the aids off except traction control and ABS left on 1 it's a feisty old thing, beautifuly balanced though. You could always turbo it as well.

One thing with those historical races I noticed, the starting grid is random so if you get the Chapparals near the front exit the race and load it again, if they get in first place they'll just disappear into the horizon, but the AI struggles with traffic so if you can get a few slower cars between you and them it's easy enough to win.

Steve, what's your online ID? Mrcatfish? Forgot to gift you back the Ferrari and now I just want to make sure I'm gifting it to the right person!

Steve, what's your online ID? Mrcatfish? Forgot to gift you back the Ferrari and now I just want to make sure I'm gifting it to the right person!

It's purplemonkey79

Don't really play much anymore but had a quick look at the recent updates and seen they're stopping people gifting cars worth over 1m. Had a look on the net to see why and it seems there's a way of getting cars for free, if you copy your GT5 save file to a USB flash drive, start GT then send someone a car, you can then exit GT, copy your save from the flash drive back to the PS3 and hey presto you still have the car in your garage and your friend still gets the car. Essentially it's copying them.

Give it a try and see if it works, ideally before the 3rd of March as that's when they're stopping people sending expensive cars

Ok cheers Steve, I'll get that back to you. I don't think I have a USB stick at home unfortunately. Will have to remember to bring one in from work if I get time!

I don't mind borrowing the odd car here and there. Especially where progress is painful or you have to do something like buy a Lambo to win a Lambo race ... and the prize is another Lambo! Not sure I just want to steal cars though! :)

The game can be quite annoying at times. I've only got the German Touring car, and Nascar events left to complete in Extreme but don't want to blow all my savings on the two cars to enter it!

Just got a PS3 again after a few years on the Eggbox. 2 dieing from RROD is enough for me tho! My username is Demonjim if you wanna add me. I like bang bang and vroom vroom games :p

Just got a PS3 again after a few years on the Eggbox. 2 dieing from RROD is enough for me tho! My username is Demonjim if you wanna add me. I like bang bang and vroom vroom games :p

Don't we all matey. Bad company 2 and GT 5 for me!

right, been looking in the dealers for the mk1 golf but no joy. how am i missing it?? any one fancy lending me one, youll get it back same day

anyone know if the mk2 is on forza, I know the corrado or even the old scirroco is asking to much but are these on too?

Did they update the physics for the MP4-12C in the last update? It suddenly went from doing steady 7:20s round the 'ring with SS tyres to a 7:14!

Great thread btw :thumbleft: