mjcp

Did you know... and other C related tricks...

LOL!!!

Probably one that everyone knows is when turning on the car, press and hold the mfa down then turn the ignition, et voila! secret mfa with constantly updating mpg.

Last time I tried to do that, all relays started to click like hell when I cranked the engine LoL. So i never did it again....

it used to work a while ago though...

Thats the B3 Passat item if I am not mistaken..

If you have genuine fit electric windows, not all UK 'rados did, then the control module is the brain for both the central locking and the windows/sunroof.

As I said originally, if your windows one touch down on both driver and passenger and one touch up on the driver then you will not have any form of closure on the sunroof. If your windows one touch down on both sides but not up then you will have sunroof closure.

As for getting full closure inc sunroof on a car without that option I don't know - depends on the alarm fitted and you would need to get the alarm to understand where the sunroof was to send the correct close pulse - tilted or fully back.

Not on the earlies my friend, unless you retrofit Relay #99.

I think mine is special, I've got an early with the variable intermittent wipe and I'm pretty sure the relay is standard AND I've got full sunroof closure with one touch open both sides and one touch closure on the drivers side

I had one touch closure on a mk2 golf, so I can't see that it's a very new thing. Pretty sure the relay is late only, but hey it's only a relay. Anyone could stick it in!

I had one touch closure on a mk2 golf, so I can't see that it's a very new thing. Pretty sure the relay is late only, but hey it's only a relay. Anyone could stick it in!

Yep its just the relay that does the intermitant wiper thing.

Eugopnosaj, I would love to know what the part number of your central locking control module it, should be behind the drivers side rear passenger door card.

Curiously I have one touch windows on my '93 VR6 but the full closure works for both windows and Sunroof. I think your manual has an error Yan :)

Second point to add re the intermittent wipers, the maximum time is 22s from recollection. Doesn't sound like much but it is on the road. The way I've always set the interval is to wait until the rainfall interferes with the vision and then hit the second wipe (setting the interval).

My new added pub fact for the thread is that if you have VR6 with the 205 width wheels, the bucket seats in the rear are actually the perfect size for carrying four wheels upright. It's almost like it was designed that way...

John

Yep, but 8x17s are a bit of a stretch though.

My 94 L also has one touch down on offside and nearside, one touch up offside only, and full closure sunroof.

And did you know, if you switch to MFA 2, hold the reset button in whilst raising the spoiler with the switch, it dispenses a Capuccino from a small hole in the glovebox?

And did you know, if you switch to MFA 2, hold the reset button in whilst raising the spoiler with the switch, it dispenses a Capuccino from a small hole in the glovebox?

be careful though cos the earlier models just have a boxing glove on a spring :)

My Corrado has extra sensory perception.

It can sense with uncanny accuracy how much cash I have saved up and magically help itself to all but a few quid of that amount every month. Does anyone else have that feature? I looked on the boot sticker but I can't find the option code for it anywhere.

You have to look carefully, but the option code is there. It's right in the bottom right hand corner in the 'UK only' designation options list - GAYC. Gimme All Your Cash. Now I realise this code reads as Gay C[orrado], which I can only assume was the German's attempt at humour!

You have to look carefully, but the option code is there. It's right in the bottom right hand corner in the 'UK only' designation options list - GAYC. Gimme All Your Cash. Now I realise this code reads as Gay C[orrado], which I can only assume was the German's attempt at humour!

The Homburg edition ;-)

Hmmm......just turned car off and removed keys with Headlights still on (by mistake) and heater fan still ran. Tried the same later and after a couple of seconds fan stopped. Blocks, not another ignition switch gone, or possibly load reduction relay!! I swear my car is reading this topic

My heater stays on if I have the lights on, is that normal?

The ashtray is perfect for holding an AUX or Satnav cable away from your gearstick :)

good idea! Thanks for that.

The ashtray is perfect for holding an AUX or Satnav cable away from your gearstick :)

It works i do that too , also works in a b4 passat :lol:

I always use the glovebox door / flap for that :)

I use the glove box for this LoL

I use the ashtray myself. Time for a poll!

Poll! Poll! Poll! :)

The ejector seat handle (height adjuster...) has a perfect space to store a 500ml bottle wedged in between the lever and floor (or seat... can't remember which)

Pretty handy.

from what i can remember. if you have the keys out of the ignition. put your headlights on and pull the full beam stick the heaters will come back on. when i get home im gonna try it and work it out again! completly useless but one of those things!

I believe this was used in the factory for testing purposes.

Here's a simple one,the bracket by the washer bottle has a crease in it, just right for the lid to sit in why you refill the bottle !5284f89d-a439-1742.jpg