blue95

Corrado floor mats

Some pics !

The mats come with or without holes to secure (a fixing kit can also be supplied - basically a plastic screw, that screws into the carpet and sound deadening?)

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

I'm afraid colours will be limited, due to the low stock carried...therefore I will need to check if beige can be done.

Will need to check postage aswell as the mats are heavy, will weigh and check tonight.

They do look very nice. How much do they work out to?

Also do the ones from the dealers come with "Corrado" stitched on them?

Blue, they look beautiful. Edging isfirst class. Where did you get them, probably somewhere in the posts and I'm being thick, can't find it!!

I got my brand new set, straight from VW (where i work!!) they are amazing quality being genuine with all the correct embroidering for a massive £45!!! bargain!!

Will TPS sell them?

They will but usually only do about 15% off stuff like this so yours local VW maybe better discount...

Here's the link for part number

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/convenience-and-protection/863VAG1418BJ/carpet-mat-set-black?mark=corrado-1989-1995&previousCategory=convenience-and-protection

They will but usually only do about 15% off stuff like this so yours local VW maybe better discount...

Here's the link for part number

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/convenience-and-protection/863VAG1418BJ/carpet-mat-set-black?mark=corrado-1989-1995&previousCategory=convenience-and-protection

Thanks. Another question (i'm being lazy) do the corrados have fixing points for the mats?

Got my matts!! Got mine through my brother in law as he's in the trade and gets a bit of discount (proving very handy with my on going restoration of the corrado!) RRP £45.83 with discount £36.89! (from tps) Happy bunny :dance:

did tps do a grey set

They didn't even ask me which colour i wanted. Just assumed that they were all black. Should be ready to pick up Wednesday.

A bit of resurrection of the old thread. For this xmas requested from my misses new floor mats. My old one are "barely" alive so decided to get something nice - hopefully it will also freshen up the inside of my car.

I've read through this thread and looks like most people say go for the one from VW dealer or from vdubmachine website.

Is there any major difference?

I mean prices from dealer and from vdub are around the same (though I haven't checked prices from VW or availability).

This being my xmas present, would like something nice... any help/advise?

ps. also could not fine any picture of the ones from VW so cannot compare to the vdub version.

Yea was thinking the other day what that can mean. I'm going to call my local VW in order to find out...

edit: Called VW and they said, that stuff about painting and fixing is gibberish. They have still some in stock (only black ones) and they can order. But he couldn't confirm if these comes with those screw-in bolts to attach them to carpets (like the ones from veedubmachine). Think will gamble on it and will order one set tomorrow. Ah and the price is £55.00 (and I have no discounts, special cards or anything - just typical Joe from the street :)

Edited by guildmage

I was joking about the painting and fitting, was clearly a generic heading :)

I reckon you might get £5-10 off that price with a trade discount, still makes them pretty expensive compared to other suppliers who can probably do better material anyway for near that price.

I bought a set the other day for less than 20 quid delivered (after just Googling corrado floor mats) and they are pretty much the same quality as the VAG ones I've had before, depends how much you want a grubby Corrado logo under your feet I guess :)

I've noticed you can get rubber moulded Corrado boot liners for about 20 quid too.

Yea was thinking the other day what that can mean. I'm going to call my local VW in order to find out...

edit: Called VW and they said, that stuff about painting and fixing is gibberish. They have still some in stock (only black ones) and they can order. But he couldn't confirm if these comes with those screw-in bolts to attach them to carpets (like the ones from veedubmachine). Think will gamble on it and will order one set tomorrow. Ah and the price is £55.00 (and I have no discounts, special cards or anything - just typical Joe from the street :)

That's weird, when I asked my local VW garage a couple of months ago they said they were obsolete. I'll try again.

I did just buy some for the Golf and ther were only £25 from VW so £55 is quite a mark up.

can anyone tell me if the VW mats fit both late and early cars.... I assume the foot wells aren't a different shape.

also do the new embroded corrado logo mats have a sensible material on the rear... my corrado mats with the printed logo are foamed backed and the foam has disintigrated... not the best material to use !