dragon green

Accelerator pedal rubber

I know the Corrado didn't come with one,but has anybody got one,or know where I can get one ? The mk3 golf one seems to be obsolete , please someone prove me wrong !

It's the MK1 part you want - 171721647

In future though pleeeease try and use the search function rather than starting new threads, this has been covered so many times and a search of your own thread title brings up over a page of results -

http://the-corrado.net/search.php?searchid=158871

Edited by Supercharged

It's the MK1 part you want - 171721647

will get one of these mine is well worn and looks like a mot failure to me

Mate, you won't fail an MOT on a rubber that wasn't even originally fitted!

Think I'll be getting a full set - mine are a little worn + I don't have the accelerator cover. The bare metal looks scruffy.

i know they did not come with any . what im gettin at is , the original metal is so worn theres no grip on any of them not just the gas pedal . was told its a mot fail as your feet can slip off of them .

i know they did not come with any . what im gettin at is , the original metal is so worn theres no grip on any of them not just the gas pedal . was told its a mot fail as your feet can slip off of them .

Ah, thought you just meant the accelerator ;)

I thought your foot was supposed to be able to slip off the accelerator pedal as a safety feature? This is also why the other two have covers, to stop your other foot slipping off the clutch, or worse, the brakes!

mmmmm.... dont know ? but all three on mine are well worn , i only have the metal on all three pedals. someone did mention to me a while back when they saw the pedals that they were supprised it went through the mot . perhaps it helps with my friendly mot mate ?!. regards rob

Still available from VAG - I have 2 I got last year - same as the MkII item and nearly every other VW from the same era - i think they came fitted but are usually one of the first things to dissapear.

those GSF copies used to be a :censored: to stretch and fit and the job is made so much easier when you have to wedge yourself into the footwell :lol:

those GSF copies used to be a :censored: to stretch and fit and the job is made so much easier when you have to wedge yourself into the footwell :lol:

Yeah, I always used Autocavan / GSF ones on my Golf and had to heat them up to fit, still very difficult.

When I got the G60 I bought genuine VW ones which were 3 times the price I think (£1.50 each) but went on nice and easily!

When I got the G60 I bought genuine VW ones which were 3 times the price I think (£1.50 each) but went on nice and easily!

I'll never afford them :(

:lol:

I've got a brand new one, fitted it to mine but removed it a day later as wasn't a fan.

£5?

may have this pat depending on price for the whole set , why didnt you like it ? does it feel a bit alien under your feet ? or didnt like the look . regards rob

Picked up a couple of accelerators rubbers tonight, £9.74 for the pair, plus vat.

Thanks Supercharged for the part number.