MK1Campaign

Lol at most lot of the VR's for sale lately

I have emailed 5 sellers in the last few week between ebay and Pistonheads asking the usual Corrado questions such as paint condition, rust and do the various known issues work such as sunroof etc.

Ive had replies off one! Must say a lot for most of the cars for sale. They must get seriously worried when they realise youve had one before and know what your talking about.

Needless to say they are all still for sale!

Edited by MK1Campaign

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Why not just phone them...?

A lot of them dont leave their numbers and only email.

Edited by MK1Campaign

and most of the VR's for sale at the moment are dog ****e. I'd say only 2 in every 10 VR6 Corrado's are in condition that won't require you to spend £1000+ on them as soon as you get one.

and most of the VR's for sale at the moment are dog ****e. I'd say only 2 in every 10 VR6 Corrado's are in condition that won't require you to spend £1000+ on them as soon as you get one.

Exactly my thoughts bud.

well looked at two today that were desribed as in very good condition, yeh right they were utter dogs one was described as having a bit of light rust on the rear arch, there was a bloody hole about 5" long and about and inch wide after i tapped it with a screwdriver.

just waiting for my tt to go before i make some calls to a couple of guys selling theres on here, 1st call will be to you Andy.

Are you interested in an ice grey Karl?? Thinking about selling mine, would like £3.5k for it considering engine rebuild and rear end just being done. Would need a little paint to make mint again.

None of the comments about sellers being defensive or misrepresenting condition is specific to the Corrado. Half the world is doing it, although it does seem rather stupid that sellers on Pistonheads also do it, because as any fule no the buyers on there are far more likely to be enthusiasts and more gemmed up than average. Well you'd think so at least!

well looked at two today that were desribed as in very good condition, yeh right they were utter dogs one was described as having a bit of light rust on the rear arch, there was a bloody hole about 5" long and about and inch wide after i tapped it with a screwdriver.

just waiting for my tt to go before i make some calls to a couple of guys selling theres on here, 1st call will be to you Andy.

Rust is getting a big problem now. They usually rust from the inside out in all the trouble areas e.g filler flap and arches. Your onto a looser straight away then. The filler flap is nigh on impossible to repair without cutting a hole in the quarter panel. You cant access it properly from the back.

I've hosed mine out a couple of times and treated with loads of Waxoyl.

-if you know what I mean.

I like to think I've been honest about any problems when people have asked, the problem with bodywork & paint is it scares people witless. Guess I'll just be keeping mine and sorting the bodywork myself! Lol

Is it maybe a question that we are getting too picky now or expecting too much?

So true - all Corrados are now 15+ years old so they're all bound to have some niggles.

Is it maybe a question that we are getting too picky now or expecting too much?

yeh to a point mate, but seriously the two i looked at were complete dogs and as rough as toads chin, every corrado i'm intrested in has something i dont like 100% about it, but finding a 15+ year old car that has been modded etc etc will not be to the next potential owners liking, but i'm not adverse to working on corrados actually looking forward to getting my hands dirty and bleeding lol

guess they are getting rare now, not long now before the majority are scrapped or dismantled.

Well - we tend to know out stuff, and have the excellent buyer's guide from here to hand. I looked at 10 VR's in Ireland before I bought and all of them were either

- overpriced

- not original

- in bits

- all usual gremlins present all at once

- had crash damage

and would have needed in excess of 2500 euro spent, if lucky, to put them into half decent nick. Plus a tired car doesn't inspire you with much confidence in the service history. In the end I paid a good bit over the odds for an original low mileage car with good service history and a feeling of honesty about it and am very happy with it. You get what you pay for and you should always budget for the extra cost in dealing with age, resprays etc. If you're serious about keeping the car you need to get it done right (glass out respray, new parts where available etc.) and be prepared to pay for it, or spend long hours/days weeks with no C and a steep learning curve for DIY.

IMHO

guess they are getting rare now, not long now before the majority are scrapped or dismantled.

That is getting so true,I was looking on E-Bay the other night and there are so many being broken.:(

It just means that a Corrado on the roads today is an even rarer sight:cheers:

Well - we tend to know out stuff, and have the excellent buyer's guide from here to hand. I looked at 10 VR's in Ireland before I bought and all of them were either

- overpriced

- not original

- in bits

- all usual gremlins present all at once

- had crash damage

and would have needed in excess of 2500 euro spent, if lucky, to put them into half decent nick. Plus a tired car doesn't inspire you with much confidence in the service history. In the end I paid a good bit over the odds for an original low mileage car with good service history and a feeling of honesty about it and am very happy with it. You get what you pay for and you should always budget for the extra cost in dealing with age, resprays etc. If you're serious about keeping the car you need to get it done right (glass out respray, new parts where available etc.) and be prepared to pay for it, or spend long hours/days weeks with no C and a steep learning curve for DIY.

IMHO

The learning curve really isn't that steep for a C tbh, especially if you have owned any other 80s/90s VW beforehand. I wonder how many members on here actually use theirs as a daily?

I can see where this problem is heading. Corrado prices will sky rocket because the dwindling numbers of 'good' ones will be in such high demand. Good for us, bad for new buyers.

And my definition of 'good' is an original car which hasn't been fecked around with and has been well looked after. Doesn't have to be concours or a trailer queen, just a good all round egg. As is too often the case these days, you arrive at the seller's address and within 5 seconds of seeing the "mint example" you think to yourself, "Oh FFS, another wasted journey" and turn round and go home again.

Mine is a daily and having owned a 1990 Mk2 Golf GTI and an'87 Audi Coupe Quattro (mmmm, inline five) I'm fairly happy to have a go at most things from oil changes to head gaskets myself, it's just a matter of time, patience and the right tools for the job - but sadly have no garage and am at the mercy of the weather - which is my excuse for not having repaired my sunroof yet - lol:

I'm putting my Storm up for sale in next few weeks. And reckon it's in pretty good condition. Can't imagine anyone coming to view and thinking it's a complete dog. Granted it's not absolutly mint, and the mileage is 133k, but other then that she's in very good health.

Fendervg - your more then welcome to put the feelers out if you know someone looking for Corrado!!!

I'm just having a dilemma with what price to put on it.

Don't know if you saw the Green Storm for sale here in Wicklow - 112k on the clock, but lad was looking for €6.5k!!!

Mine won't be anywhere near that!

let me know your thoughts lads..

/\ Which is my definition of a 'Good' car. Put it up for £4.5K with a view to accept 4, imo, realistically.

Looks a bit too low though, which will put some folk off. Most Storm buyers want 100% original cars.

/\ Which is my definition of a 'Good' car. Put it up for £4.5K with a view to accept 4, imo, realistically.

Looks a bit too low though, which will put some folk off. Most Storm buyers want 100% original cars.

I've been looking a lot recently, and that seems about right. However, I'd expect it to be rust/rot free for that amount, though I'd expect a few stone chips and the odd minor Mark here or there. I'd expect a low mileage, immaculate non storm for the same money.

I`ve had no interest in mine which i suppose is just the way the market is..yes its at the top of the scale money wise but is in very good condition as most people who have seen in the flesh will agree..

I`m unsure what kind of corrado people are looking for...?

I`m at the stage now of deciding how much is too low before i store it.