VR6Pete

late corrado VR6 fuel tank straps

hiya, doesnt matter what condition they are in, I have a friend in the engineering business who will be making up some new ones for me, so just want some as a template.

cheers

Pete

Nice idea. I was wondering if our resident Stainless expert, Daves16V, would make some for us. :D

Haven't got any by the way, just a "count me in" if someone was to replicate them in stainless!

The small one is still available,I have a collection of rusty ones here in Kent.and one brand new,unused small one, are you having all three made ? Do you want the new one? And just one long one?or a set ?

Here's pic of mine to make your mouthwater ! lol

52848bb1-0d73-6b31.jpg

Nice idea. I was wondering if our resident Stainless expert, Daves16V, would make some for us. :D

Haven't got any by the way, just a "count me in" if someone was to replicate them in stainless!

Haha, yes I've considered it but would want to get hold of a set to copy rather than pull mine off.

Haha, yes I've considered it but would want to get hold of a set to copy rather than pull mine off.

i can send you my old ones if you want Dave, want nothing for them apart from some new stainless ones in return.

karl

i can send you my old ones if you want Dave, want nothing for them apart from some new stainless ones in return.

karl

Thanks for the offer but I've found some local to me.

im just after all 3, my mate has all the tools, materials and a bead roller meaning it should look oem, if they are easy to reproduce, then will have a few sets available possibly.

cheers mate, that would be ideal :) my mate works with titanium and all sorts of other metals so stainless should be simples :)

Pete

the late 70L tanks sit quite low and the straps can be seen from the back quite easily, I think I'd prefer painted or powder coated to bare stainless or it might look a bit odd, like a rear valance is missing or something.

the late 70L tanks sit quite low and the straps can be seen from the back quite easily, I think I'd prefer painted or powder coated to bare stainless or it might look a bit odd, like a rear valance is missing or something.

you could always spray them ;)

I think stainless would look pretty slick :)

Pete

Received thanks chap.

Anyone know what size bolts holds these to the car?

Received thanks chap.

Anyone know what size bolts holds these to the car?

M8 x 25, I replaced mine with St/Steel when I put on my powder coated straps.

Ian.

You are going to need one of these

5284f8c5-362b-6c66.jpg

Still available,comes in a "gold" colour,

Part number 191 201 654C can't remember how much,but it wasn't dear !

The two long straps are held on by one bolt ! The bracket pictured sandwiches them together. If you look up by your rear valence,you can see what I mean. Here's a pic stolen from ETKA

5284f8a0-984e-9c5e.jpg

Here's the finished result. Yet to order the mount so not fitted yet. Happy to hear thoughts / comments.