Stella

Stella's Khaki Corrado!

Pretty sure a lad I know owned one which was the same colour, 2.0 16v with the same wheels too, lived in Swanwick, Derbyshire. Had a private plate though something like C20 COR, is this the same car? Pretty sure his name was Ian

ive got a white valver if required ;) lol

Hahaha. Wonder if Stealth do wedding lists :lol:

Ian Clarke owned it before me so yup its deffo the same one, is he on here?

Sounds like him, spoke to him a few times but I don't think he was a forum member. Used to see it parked in his garage a lot think it was just used for a Sunday drive or when it was nice

Adam

Hey Peeps

Happy New Year

I'm back from sunny Dubai and the first thing I did was get the car back on the road :0

The battery was flat but soon came back to life!!

The exhaust seems a bit smokey, is this because it has been sitting for a few months?

Is anyone going to bug jam?

Hey Peeps

Happy New Year

I'm back from sunny Dubai and the first thing I did was get the car back on the road :0

The battery was flat but soon came back to life!!

The exhaust seems a bit smokey, is this because it has been sitting for a few months?

Is anyone going to bug jam?

Yeah could well be, just give it an 'Italian tune-up' - see if that sorts it ;)

Learned a new word....manifold! mine has a crack!

how much would this cost to have it fitted, been told its not an easy job?

Shouldn't be too bad. Can be a pain I think because the manifold bolts are a bit of a pain to access, can round off, etc - but really shouldn't be more than a couple of hours labour max I wouldn't think plus the cost of a good second hand manifold.

cool cheers Jim, would you not go down the welding or liquid metal route? its only a small crack. Ill upload a picture tomorrow

Hey

Not been on here for a while but still loving my corrado!

I took the car and a very shiny shot blasted manifold to my mechanic Matt @ dub unit but he said I didn't need it. He said you would know if it needed replacing so I have a spare manifold now. Should I keep it or sell it??

Car did break down the other day, first time ever but it turned out to be a fuse!

Car passed mot too so very pleased about that!

In Plymouth now if anyone down here wants to meet up.

Oh and bug jam was amazing, I'll add some pics when I get home.

Happy driving xx

Good news on the corrado Stella . There are quite a few down here . We had a mini meet a while back . About 12 turned up . That's a lot for a small area . Actually make that 11 , one was Sean's .

Hey

Back in brum now, pity we never met up!

My car is still going strong, not done much to it lately but did put rad weld in it and it hasn't leaked since!

Only issue at the mo is when I turn the steering on full lock, i keep hearing a clonking noise, my mechanic looked at this before but didn't seem too worried. I am! Ball joint? please explain lol

Ive started a new job in Handsworth and have made friends with the locals as they like my car, also got stopped today as someone wanted to buy it!! I said 5K and he said too much so i told him to drive on! ha

:)

Hey

I've not posted on here for so long and feel quite guilty that I've been using the Corrado chat on facetybook!

Well the plan was to sell the car last year but unfortunately I slipped a disc in my back so I was unable to do anything! I'm still suffering now and so is my little car. I've had various issues lately and have replaced the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder. It's had new discs and pads. It passed the Mot but now the flames won't start. I've replaced the battery but still doing nothing. My Corrado mate is coming over later to take a look but any help or advice really appreciated!

Hey, I've not been here for years but I remember following your story way back when. Sorry to hear you're not keeping well but don't sell the car... possibly the rarest colour out there and definitely my favorite of all.

Good luck with the car, could possibly be an immobiliser issue? Get well soon..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey Elliot🙂

Yea my dad said that but my mate thinks it's something to do with the ignition, who knows, hopefully he will be able to help.

If it starts and cuts out a second later, it'll be immobiliser. If it won't even crank and battery has been replaced, more than likely ignition switch or wiring/earth fault. If it cranks but won't start, depends if you have lack of spark or lack of fuel, but fuel pump or ECU relay are the most likely culprits. Shouldn't be too big a problem hopefully Stella. :thumbleft:

Car is an early valver IIRC so I think we can rule out the built in / factory immobiliser as I think that's a VR specific issue.