daves16v

National Day - M1 Convoy South

Anyone up for a Southbound M1 convoy to the National Day?

Myself, G-Lad, and Laser Mark will be heading that way from J25/J26 area, could meet up at Trowell services.

Kip/Jude, I guess you will be heading that way?

Happy to meet further down too.

I'll be joining at J15, anyone have google lattitude on their phones?, then we can see where each other are :)

I'll be joining at J15, anyone have google lattitude on their phones?, then we can see where each other are :)

Google latitude? Can't find on my phone. That an app for them fancy phones?

Dunno, I'll have a look.

---------- Post added at 1:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:20 PM ----------

Ahh yes I do have it but never used it.

sorry guys. We are travelling down Sat night and staying near so as to be there very bright and early Sunday.

Might be up for a convoy home though... unless you need to push off before we are done & packed up.

Anyone up for a Southbound M1 convoy to the National Day?

Myself, G-Lad, and Laser Mark will be heading that way from J25/J26 area, could meet up at Trowell services.

Kip/Jude, I guess you will be heading that way?

Happy to meet further down too.

Thanks Dave, can you tell that I got a bit side tracked ;)

Proposal:

07:30 - leave M1 Jct 25 (Sandiacre / Nottingham area)

08:40 - Arrive at Newport Pagnell services (between Jct 15 and 14)

08:50 - Leave Newport Pagnell services (hang around until 09:00 latest)

10:05 - Arrive Brooklands Museum

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sandiacre&daddr=Unknown+road+to:Brooklands+Museum,+Weybridge&hl=en&ll=52.382306,-0.186768&spn=3.641469,7.064209&sll=52.922824,-1.280894&sspn=0.014049,0.027595&geocode=FSOYJwMdQlXs_yl3P3yBJel5SDF0UoQvYYJDRw%3BFQe8GgMdM5b0_w%3BFambDwMdX-r4_yGaeUBiGMyWMA&oq=Sandiacre&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

...how does that sound? It's a bit of an early start, I know!

Chris

Bear in mind the HUGE roadworks on the M1 (carriageway widening) running from MK to Luton, entire stretch littered with specs cameras set at 50mph.

Tempest

Bear in mind the HUGE roadworks on the M1 (carriageway widening) running from MK to Luton, entire stretch littered with specs cameras set at 50mph.

Tempest

So M1 to Leicester, join M69 over to M40 and join us in Banbury for continued convoy south.

So M1 to Leicester, join M69 over to M40 and join us in Banbury for continued convoy south.

Sounds good to me, everyone else ok with this? If so, where will we meet?

Cool loving the convoy getting bigger. Dave I have no idea where to meet as was going to follow Wendy

Meet at Esso Garage in Banbury. OX16 4SZ

It is literally just off the M40 at Junction 11.

I reckon its 1 hour 30min to Brooklands or less dependant on our driving !!!

So 8.30 meet ? Let me know what you think.

Ok, seems like a good plan! How does the following look?

07:00 - Notts contingent head off from Daves16v's house

08:30 - Rendez vous at M40 Jct 11, Esso Garage in Banbury. OX16 4SZ

10:00 - Get to Brooklands in time for a cuppa and a bit of polishing.

Davewort, are you OK to meet at the M40 rendez vous location? It's a bit of a leap west..

Here's the mappage:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sandiacre,+Derbyshire,+UK&daddr=OX16+4SZ+to:Brooklands+Museum,+Weybridge&hl=en&ll=52.140231,-0.961304&spn=1.830611,3.532104&sll=52.139505,-0.847325&sspn=1.830611,3.532104&geocode=FSOYJwMdQlXs_yl3P3yBJel5SDF0UoQvYYJDRw%3BFW-CGgMdnuvr_ykFz5omWiZ3SDHBDhuv9zBa6w%3BFambDwMdX-r4_yGaeUBiGMyWMA&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Chris :geek:

Yeah, I'll probably head along the a43 through Silverstone to the m40, doesn't make much difference tbh

I notice both sections on the map are 1 hour 24 minutes, just how coincidental is that ? !

Im heading down in the golf. Will be joining the M1 at jct 12 at about 10 past 9 so will hopefully catch a glimpse of the convoy! Beep when you see a lowered grey mk2!! Won't be keeping up though lol .

...Won't be keeping up though lol .

not with Wendy maybe :) but I'll be tootling along in the 8v :)

Keep a look out for me, sherry pearl. 8v from j10 m40, should be on there about 8.30