jaded2882

Blackberry VR6 Turbo 4WD- now for sale £7,800

Wonderful. Absolutly wonderful. What happend to the box though ? Is that the torque that's destroyed the gears

?

Edited by James.

Wonderful. Absolutly wonderful. What happend to the box though ? Is that the torque that's destroyed the gears

?

Ye, as mentioned previously on this thread, although there are a few VRTs with more power, they can just 'spin away' the extra force. The 4wd doubles the strain on the drivetrain, which on a standard box= crunchy time....

---------- Post added at 7:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:36 PM ----------

Exhaust note sounds lovely on that drive-by video! 6 Speed box must be lovely too.

It has transformed the car- just need to stop trying to put the daily and the work vehicles into 6th after driving the rado!!! Oops

Haven't looked at my thread for months and I've barely been on the forum since June, so I completely missed the news that you have bought this car!! Congratulations Matt! What a purchase! I know Isla had been telling you to buy a blackberry and what a blackberry to choose! Oz took me out in this car at the Air Balloon meet a couple of years ago and I've never forgotten it. Incredible car! Looks great in the recent photo shoot too. Particularly like the whole side view pic and also the three-quarter view with other cars in the background.

Read this whole thread and I'm sorry to hear about the gearbox woes but an ideal excuse to get the 6-speed box and Quaife in it! I laughed at your comment about trying to change into 6th in other cars... I do that when I change from my rado to my Jetta so I can imagine how easy it must be when you change cars! Congratulations again. Not at all jealous!! Will you be going to any shows this year?

Haven't looked at my thread for months and I've barely been on the forum since June, so I completely missed the news that you have bought this car!! Congratulations Matt! What a purchase! I know Isla had been telling you to buy a blackberry and what a blackberry to choose! Oz took me out in this car at the Air Balloon meet a couple of years ago and I've never forgotten it. Incredible car! Looks great in the recent photo shoot too. Particularly like the whole side view pic and also the three-quarter view with other cars in the background.

Read this whole thread and I'm sorry to hear about the gearbox woes but an ideal excuse to get the 6-speed box and Quaife in it! I laughed at your comment about trying to change into 6th in other cars... I do that when I change from my rado to my Jetta so I can imagine how easy it must be when you change cars! Congratulations again. Not at all jealous!! Will you be going to any shows this year?

I've barely been posting on here too recently, but still very much enjoying the car. I was really pleased with the photo shoot, and your right- Corrados from the side look amazing!

I will be at a few shows- Stanford, Tatton Park and going to Bug Jam with some mates (including the owner of my old G60), so will give the Ribena Beast a few blasts on the 1/4 mile strip :) Not really Corrado related but I am getting to as many of the Cosford Breakfast Club meets as I can seeing as they so local. Hopefully see you somewhere over summer!

It's been ages since I posted on here at all so I thought I'd stick a few pics up from this year. It's all been fairly smooth motoring since the gearbox change. No major changes, although I've fixed a few small things outside and in- New headlight switch, made a new gauge holder for the AFR, boost and EGT gauges (and had to rewire them all to fit it!), and lots of fresh new bits on the outside.

I had it on the 1/4 mile at bug jam and got down to sub 14 seconds which I was pretty happy with for the boost it was running. It was my first time on a drag strip so I never quite mastered the launch so looking forward to doing it again!

I also had it on a mini sprint track at Curborough which was an awesome day. It was a lot more suited to the the lighweight NA cars to be honest and I only got out of second gear for a few seconds! There were couple of things I would like to sort out before another track day. The oil temperature was running very high so I might look at relocating it- it just doesn't get enough air where it is at the moment. I also thought the rear suspension felt a bit too soft. The fronts are damper and height adjustable whereas the rears are only height adjustable, so I think I want to get fully adjustable for the rear too. If anyone has any reccomendations them I'm all ears?? Other than that it didn't miss a beat and apparently made a lot of nice noises tearing round the track!

Looks awesome! And I am really loving the LMs... If only I could find a genuine set!

And Purple Aki... :lol:

Purple Aki :lol: You a scouser?

I was born in the midlands but all my family are Liverpool/Wirral, and I went to uni there too. Purple Aki seemed fitting as the car is powerful, purple, and makes grown men cry!

I was born in the midlands but all my family are Liverpool/Wirral, and I went to uni there too. Purple Aki seemed fitting as the car is powerful, purple, and makes grown men cry!

Hahahaha quality :lol: Just asking cos very few people outside of Merseyside know who he is.

Did that job twice last year not fun...are you repairing the foam that goes over the flaps, just noticed on your heaterbox the silver of the flap is showing ? Foam should cover that

Ye I ripped off the remains of it and will cover it with something. The gears on the box seemed to have jumped at some point as one of the levers was 'closed' as far as it could go but the flap was only half open. I managed to realign that. I do need to fix/replace the controls as the direction gear isn't working (the bottom arm) but at least I can do that when it's all back together. What a job!

Yeah, looks like the foam has come off just like on mine. If you check my gallery thread, I did a few posts and pics on how to replace it.

Heater matrix is a horrible job :(

Yeah, looks like the foam has come off just like on mine. If you check my gallery thread, I did a few posts and pics on how to replace it.

Heater matrix is a horrible job :(

That's a damn tidy job! I'll be cracking on with this tomorrow :(

Horrid job. Keep debating doing it 'preventatively' on my Corrado but having helped two different friends do the job on their Corrado's, not quite sure I have the enthusiasm for it!

Someone mentioned some decent stuff available from Wickes as a great replacement for the foam, on here only recently.. think it was this one, but not sure if he means he lined the edges or the flaps completely...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85306

If you can put the car off the road for a while and take your time with it, then it's actually not that bad. I learned a lot about how everything fits together in the dash and I'll be confident doing anything similar in the future. I changed the heater controls, greased all the bowden cables, got all the bits of foam and crud out of the system and a few other jobs while I was there. All finally back together and working now! Also fitted the Forge 6-speed gear knob.

It's not a hard job, just tedious and time consuming. Took me about 12-14hours for the job, chipping away at it over 3-4 weekends. To do again now would take me half the time as I wasted a few hours trying to do it without removing the dash, ultimately realised that removing the dash was only about 1.5 hours more work as a damn side easier in the knuckles ;)

This will be up for sale very soon! I will be sad to move on, but time for something new. There will be a for sale thread up once I've got it all together, but if anyone is interested then give me a pm.

Stunning car - would love to won something like this but sooo far beyond my capabilities for looking after - for now anyway - good luck on the sale - hope it goes to a good home

Matt

Sorry to hear the time has come for you to sell the beast. I did write car but memories never go. I am glad you have enjoyed her over the years and the last video; well it is bloody brilliant, talented guys, they have really made 'purple aki' look a million dollars and she is worth all of that. I hope like you and I she is handed over to another enthusiast that will once more enlighten us with their exploits with the car that wins so many hearts.........is this the end of Corrado ownership for you now?