Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Nothelle did styling and tuning parts for Corrados back in the day..

The seats have been retrimmed about 5 years ago, the leather is smoother and has been drawn tighter than factory.. see comparison..

DSCN4637_zpsbp08buhw.jpg

P1030694_zpsyvibcxl8.jpg

Very VERY nice, Goldie.

Did they retrim the door card leather as well?

I got quotes of £1100 for full retrim from what supposed to be a very good trimmer in Cheshire. Then £200 on top for Knapper(?) Leather?

Door cards are original, front and rear seats trimmed. These are nappa leather i believe..

Who is the trimmer?

Door cards are original, front and rear seats trimmed. These are nappa leather i believe..

Who is the trimmer?

Er been a year now - let me tried to dig out for u...

Are snappy gaiters a good trimmer? They did the seats in my silver one..

I know another guy up in Glasgow (he did the wheel) and his work is brilliant as well..

Are snappy gaiters a good trimmer? They did the seats in my silver one..

I know another guy up in Glasgow (he did the wheel) and his work is brilliant as well..

Not sure Goldie - hence I asked u ;)

This one in Cheshire:

13697183-B32E-4449-AB67-FB77707F8927-1477-000003A09872A5D8_zpsa0ff1dfd.jpg

1E0EAB68-D90C-4965-971E-8BFCFD612198-1477-000003A09DC9FB31_zpsd57f4fc2.jpg

Snappy Gaiters are very good..

Ive not heard of those guys..1100 for seats and cards is reasonable..

I must admit that having a shiny Corrado is one thing but i have enjoyed having a Corrado to use. '2 Litre Peter' has been the most enjoyable Corrado i have owned and without the worry of rain, dirt, parking, wheels, seat wear etc..

Here he is after over 3 months without a wash…

11001764_10153090121917629_3875323542341804282_n_zpsv6r9wbza.jpg

I miss driving a corrado as a daily, so much so that I'm selling my golf daily and will be looking for something. Don't think I could let it go that long without a wash though!

I didn't leave it that long deliberately, it just kind of happened..

Im sure a suitable daily Corrado will be found Chris..

I wondered too about the plastic pieces on your bonnet pins, are they new or if not how did you clean them?

Ian.

Bonnet pins are new including the plastic. Metal spring and cup were plated as well..

Bonnet pins are new including the plastic. Metal spring and cup were plated as well..

Really, I thought they were obsolete according to my VW dealer?

Ian.

Couple more pictures from recent progress..

Exhaust now on with new VW clamps. The centre box has been polished. I had a centre pipe made up from Stainless by the guys at Pipewerx. Can strongly recommend them, quick tidy work that didn't break the bank.. Bearings are now in the rear discs and they will be going on today..

IMG_1060_zps95jp1pz2.jpg

IMG_1061_zpsxnmchxbm.jpg

IMG_1063_zpssfbvvkkp.jpg

Lovely work Goldie , the underside looks fantastic , it really inspires me to do mine . I won't be going as far as you have though . Brake and fuel lines will be cleaned and most parts replaced. I don't have a garage only a drive so it will have to wait until all the parts are bought , then it's going to a friendly mechanic with a lift , so all the parts can be fitted without to much of a struggle . I don't care how well it's jacked and supported , I don't like being underneath a car lol . . Keep up the good work .

Edited by robrado974

Finally, all the work underneath is now finished. Just need to replace the front end brake lines and then the car will leave the garage for the first time in months..

The daily Corrado had a new windscreen fitted yesterday, not an enjoyable experience but fortunately one of the guys who was doing the job had done 4 Corrados before so knew what he was doing.. Pleasantly surprised by the condition of the metal work, all nice and solid and was able to clean it up further and seal it before the new screen went in..

Good news all round Michael. Just in time for the nice whether too!

Oooo that's looking nice.... I do like a silver rado....

sean have those yanks turned up yet on the grey funnel line ? must get down to see it.

No idea tbh mate. Wednesday was the first time I've been in the dockyard for over a year and I won't be back there til December now!

Looking forward to seeing your car again Michael, which shows are you planning to get to this year ?

Looking forward to seeing your car again Michael, which shows are you planning to get to this year ?

Im not sure.. Im going to be down in Pompey for a few months and the car will be up north so might not be that easy to get to any..

Lots of talk about black headlining which I'm very much liking the idea of.. Going to do it in stages so have the black light and have had a spare sunroof motor panel trimmed to a perfect match for the texture of the pillar trims.. Next up is some visors that need some minor tweaking..

IMG_1241_zpsgv7duvvz.jpg

Hoping to have the car out for the weekend.. I hope the weather isn't listening..

Lots of talk about black headlining which I'm very much liking the idea of.. Going to do it in stages so have the black light and have had a spare sunroof motor panel trimmed to a perfect match for the texture of the pillar trims.. Next up is some visors that need some minor tweaking..

IMG_1241_zpsgv7duvvz.jpg

Hoping to have the car out for the weekend.. I hope the weather isn't listening..

nice goldie

if you dont mind me asking - how did you do the black sunroof panel & the switches?

thanks