Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Having seen both in the flesh the other night, the Nothelle's just win it for me, but only just 8)

Very nice Michael but for me the Nothelles win on rarity, RS becoming a little common now.

I honestly couldn't pick from the choice, before I saw the pics with the Nothelles, I'd have said RS's every day of the week, but the Nothelles look awesome, they are both pretty rare though and I dont think you could have a better set of option rims with either :cool:

Mr Wheels is back :)

:)

both look good, nothelles the better option for cleaning though. I recently brought my car out and forgot how much work was involved in cleaning a set of rs's

You're not joking about the cleaning, the RS will be fiddly..

The nothelles work with the colour of the car so well. The RSs work on everything, yes more widely used but very few sets left that haven't been split hence the attraction..

Without wanting to confuse you further , the size, offset and weight of a rs301 work really well on a Corrado especially considering they are 17's

Having owned and cherished this car for so long myself I genuinely could not be happier that Michael now owns this car, I think we share a similar philosophy and his sensitive restoration and attention to detail is first class and truly in keeping with the car.

I think in the Factory finish BBS RS 301s and the Nothelles he has secured the two finest sets of period correct wheels that could ever grave a Corrado, end of discussion. With the soon to be added VSR and a couple of detail changes the car will be phenomenal.

Personally I'd like to see a return to the stock amber side repeater and try out black lock less door handles as an option to make it look even more period stock which should further enhance the quality period accessories. I think the only mild voice if dissent would be that the chrome centre caps on the RS are too modern and detract from both the wheels and the look of the car, the good news of course is that he has the Red/Gold and Black/Gold which both compliment the car beautifully.

Well done and thankyou!!!!

Very king words Gareth, it does mean a lot that you like where the car has gone and is going. Having admired the car for many years before i ended up its current owner to have the approval from the man who set the bar for how a Corrado should be done is very nice to know..

I spent a number of hours waxing the RSs yesterday and they now reside in my spare room with red centres on. Ive got to admit the black/gold are probably my least favourite of the 3 sets i have. A nice easy change that does change the overall image of the wheels is great and they will change as the mood suits, no caps will be sold..

Handles are something i have thought about and it will be tried out in the coming weeks to see how it affects the overall presentation. Such a small change on a light coloured car has a big impact unlike a dark coloured one where details such as that are almost lost against the body work..

The VSR has been a while coming, not long now i hope..

Wow and wow! Thought the Nothelles looked better than I'd imagined when I saw the first pic of them on. Then the RS pic bombshell blew me away! :drool: gotta say Michael, that is probably the best Looking combination of colour with RSs I've ever seen. The reason why (imo) they have the edge over the Nothelles. Either way, very classy indeed mate. :thumbleft:

I must be the only person on the planet that just doesn't feel Nothelles! :lol:

The RSs look amazing Michael. Would love a set myself but (as well as the price tag) the responsibility of keeping them mint is what stops me. Will probably happen one day though :)

i dunno, i like bbs rs but the wheel games widened so much of recent years theres a lot of nice wheels out there....some crappy ones too!

I'm 50/50 on northelles, colour of the car makes the wheel for me, they look superb silver silver as on yours great combo

think they'd suit black too, but I'm not sure about them on red/yellows or green, i would probably have the bbs on those colours

I think the original unsplit RS's suit the immaculate finish of this car perfectly. It doesnt matter how many cars wear RS's its about the total package and this is it.

It was a tough decision to sell the RS's as these dont come around very often like this but they have gone to a great home.

As its a nice day….

RSs fitted allround and a few pictures..

P1020607_zps8cc336c5.jpg

And as they have had so much of my money i thought id have a picture on them..

P1020593_zps440b8a77.jpg

P1020603_zps788c1260.jpg

Love the RS's with red centres and especially that last picture outside VW!

We should start a thread and everyone should take a picture of their C outside their local VW.

Good thinking…

You get some funny looks from people while you are taking the picture mind..