Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Is that gearbox oil on the drive ? , if it is your Mrs is going to kill you lol!

The garage area is mine mate, my missus is very tolerant.......she must be as there are 2 part broken corrados just out of view to the left, and it's only coolant(I think), the drive needs a good power wash anyway :lol:

The garage area is mine mate, my missus is very tolerant.......she must be as there are 2 part broken corrados just out of view to the left, and it's only coolant(I think), the drive needs a good power wash anyway :lol:

What about the ludicrous amount of wheels you have... Womble..

DING DANG DO mate looking lovely

Many thanks...

Silver car hasn't moved since Elsecar, had a little look at it last weekend all tucked up..

2 Litre Peter passed the MOT the other day.. Have had a few challenges with the car recently, first the clutch and then a fuel leak but hopefully it'll behave now.. Next job is to change the fan motor as it can be quite tuneful..

Here he is looking proud of himself for passing the MOT...

IMG_1784_zpsnx25hpf9.jpg

That is looking pretty swish indeed!

Thanks, don't look too closely though, he's a bit rough round the edges..

After 6 weeks of standing post fuel leak i took it to one of this hand car wash places and they did a surprisingly good job.

Couple of new bits from the other side of the Atlantic. Ive wanted an SLC wheels for ages and at last i have found one that is close to mint.. Im hoping that i can dull the shine down a little with an appropriate cleaner.

The VR6 badges are US spec Passat side repeater blanks...

IMG_1906_zpsbob5sf2s.jpg

ahh i saw that steering wheel on FB the other day.

it was due to someone asking about the same wheel as you have that lead to me finding a brand new unused one for my valver :)

they look like a mix between the 16v & VR6 leather but with a deeper dish

I didn't get the wheel from the Uk although they do pop up.. It is a much deeper than a UK one..

Just a small update. Have taken the car to two shows and delighted with Volksfling top 5 and Runner up Corrado at Edition 38. Both really great shows.. It has been so nice to drive the car as its hardly moved all year..

I had hoped to be doing a load more work on it over the winter but i have to go away with work so it will have to wait. Wishbones, driveshafts, heater matrix as the bits i want to tend to next but no doubt that will lead to there jobs..

Here are a few pictures..

11953102_1203224876361758_7734103146317679533_n_zps2kk6hwvn.jpg

11904640_10153580877607629_1854366107721415236_n_zpsgywlmzz0.jpg

11947576_10153596648867629_6321876822677191445_n_zpscsdh1lbv.jpg

12003247_1618266811773400_3966368921433166453_n_zpsdswfa2wt.jpg

I even modelled a shot for Autofinesse..

11951841_10153506067035977_9200032096781876610_n_zpsapfqbvgx.jpg

Looks incredible on the Nothelles Michael, and congrats on another successful year!

Heres hoping to another next year, and hopefully catch up with you when you're back. :thumbleft:

The Nothelles are incredible in the flesh! Got to admit, these are possibly now my favourite wheels on a Corrado now. Helps that the car surrounding it is simply stunning too!

Good seeing you again yesterday Michael, catch up soon mate. :thumbleft:

Edited by seanl82

Been an age since I've posted on here due to work..

Haven't seen my silver one since September, i may get her out for Ultimate Dubs although I'm not 100% if ill be able to make it..

The 2litre monster sat for almost 4 months through the winter and started on the first turn of the key. Only negative was it was full of mould. The seats needed a good clean and have popped a dehumidifier box in and it seems to be all good now..

Have a few jobs to do on the silver. Rear wheel bearings need a nip up and i need a new MAF as the last time i drove it it just didn't seem quite right when returning to idle..

I just bought one of those Kamper damp busters Goldie . Although I keep mine on the road all year the condensation build up is a lot when it hasn't been aired for a week or so . This would help loads with combating mould .

I just bought one of those Kamper damp busters Goldie . Although I keep mine on the road all year the condensation build up is a lot when it hasn't been aired for a week or so . This would help loads with combating mould .

Ill have a look into it...

Update..

Sorted the damp issue, the rear light seals were passed their best, nice easy fix.. Intention is to change the cam belt on it and then sadly a new home will be required... 2 Litre Peter has been great over the last year and a half but its time for change...

What you thinking for the new daily Michael?

Shame to let it go, but having two is just greedy anyway! :lol:

The new daily has arrived.. I collected this on Saturday.

Its a 2016 Polo GTI. The spec is close to how i wanted but with the advantage that this was at the dealer ready to go. Ordering a new one came with a 12 week wait. Its missing climate control and heated seats but has loads of toys in, far more than I'm used to after running old cars for ages.

Spec:

1.8 Turbo TSI 190bhp, 6 speed manual

Xenons with headlight washers

Heated and folding mirrors

Panoramic sunroof

Satnav, reverse camera, front and rear parking sensors

Cruise control

AC

The car drives really well, as its being run in i haven't taken it far round the revs but the pick up is great, ride is firm but not crash. A little more volume would be nice but there is sufficient for a nice sound track..

Plan is to move on the blue car which has been a cracking daily. The silver car remains and i saw it for the first time since September at the weekend, its all nicely tucked up..

Couple of pictures of the new toy..

IMG_2705_zpshgweu6yw.jpg

IMG_2716_zpswbzsvlla.jpg

IMG_2737_zpsahv5vtiu.jpg

IMG_2704_zpsu1culmw1.jpg

IMG_2710_zpsb3rgacvy.jpg

IMG_2718_zpsupriojcq.jpg