buttles

Red Bull Stratos

Been watching the thread on edition its mental what there doing

Cheers for the link to the live feed i hope i can get it on the iphone

Been also following this. Website above is completely jammed with people and apparently doesn't work anymore as there was too many people connecting to it. You can see it live on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJ5ItzEq3M&feature=player_embedded

This project today had problems right from beggining... radio problems and now it's been called off due to high winds. Next time... we will see if humnan being can go supersonic :)

If anybody is interested,they are just inflating the balloon !

---------- Post added at 3:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:49 PM ----------

The balloons on its way

If anybody is interested,they are just inflating the balloon !

---------- Post added at 3:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:49 PM ----------

The balloons on its way

so hes going for it right now?

Is there a live feed again?

He still has 40,000ft to go and rate of ascent has slowed right down... :|

I have to admit to being a bit concerned at one point - about 1 minute into the fall when they were still viewing him with the infra-red camera - he was tumbling like a rag doll! Then he seemed to hit some actual air where he could control his descent a bit and then he levelled out..

How many of you would do the same thing? I think I would! Not too sure if I wouldn't chicken out... but this must be one-in-a-lifetime experience. I wonder what will be next step in human achievements? Maybe Corrado mk3 - that would be something! :smug:

When he opened the door, the word *Clench* is a bit of an understatment for what happened to me..... I go a bit dizzy on the top floor of M&S, nevermind 24 miles up!!!

How many of you would do the same thing? I think I would! Not too sure if I wouldn't chicken out... but this must be one-in-a-lifetime experience. I wonder what will be next step in human achievements? Maybe Corrado mk3 - that would be something! :smug:

If he didnt stop his tumbling it would of definetly been once in a lifetime :lol:

Awesome stuff just watched it having missed it yesterday, what an amazing view that was when he jumped out