EJ Taylor

Full JL Audio TR Sound System Upgrade Group Buy

just seeing if anyone was interested in me doing a group buy on Some JL Audio TR's straight stock replacement so a pair 5.25 components and a pair of 4.00 Co-ax with a 4x6 adaptor plate.

basically if enough people are interested ill give the chaps at JL and talk turkey.

Holla!

OK SO!

as a rough idea of quantities i have 11 of you with confirmed price the following:

borachris

nrc

jonvr6

volkworld

mark.f

bananor

chrisl

humanjoist

lewvw

daleyboy

whiley

Any more?

Edited by EJ Taylor

I could be interested, my VR has got a bit of a dodgy install which I'm going to remove and replace with something a little more discreet!

It's currently got an amp and crossovers stuck to the door cards, all I want to run is speakers in the standard locations and HU with decent power

Shameless plug, but how about a lovely JL Audio Sub and Amp packaged to compliment them? :D http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?77129-JL-Audio-Sub-amp-4-Channel-Amp-package-New

haha i did see that and was awaiting the plug ;)

I could be interested, my VR has got a bit of a dodgy install which I'm going to remove and replace with something a little more discreet!

It's currently got an amp and crossovers stuck to the door cards, all I want to run is speakers in the standard locations and HU with decent power

yes unfortunately this happens alot in corrados, and mounting the cross over in view is a seriously bad call. i would eliminate the amp and just get a decent HU as you said mate. alpines 123 seems to be going at good prices now being last years design. features a beautifully crisp output @ 4 x 50. alot of people just dont seem to have the knowledge, brains to research into speaker set-ups to find the exact stock replacement sizes.

if you would like prices on any units give me a shout.

Will these be an improvement over the standard speakers just wired to a head unit or will an amp or other gubbins be required too?

Edit: ah, my question has been answered :)

just seeing if anyone was interested in me doing a group buy on Some JL Audio TR's straight stock replacement so a pair 5.25 components and a pair of 4.00 Co-ax with a 4x6 adaptor plate.

basically if enough people are interested ill give the chaps at JL and talk turkey.

Holla!

So these would replace the factory speakers in the same locations? - Would it be worth doing if running a fairly std HU with no additional amplification?

Ian.

improvements would be noticeable replacing the standard paper cones (USELESS) with these, most of all, being a better speaker by miles, also having an additional 2 tweeters in the rear. However, a speaker is only a puppet to the stereo and Running a non standard HU would boost the improvement even more. when the rado came about, that day and age did not class a good sound system important. there fore the paper cones are capable of very little as far as speakers go.

yes these would replace your existing speakers like for like size for size.

JL Audio IMO are one of the best all round ICE companies to date, you would not be disappointed.

charlie

I'd be interested depending on price. I have a becker HU so was looking for a set up that would be as discreet as possible to match; this could be just the thing....

Mark

get sum prices. i may be keen, my front dash tweeters have blown , would these fit, in the dash.?

Yes, would literately be, out with the old, in with the new.

I'd be interested depending on price. I have a becker HU so was looking for a set up that would be as discreet as possible to match; this could be just the thing....

Mark

yer man exactly.

ok so ill speak to JL and get a price on say 10 sets, One set consisting of a full speaker replacement (2x TR400 co-ax, 2x TR525 Component)

Could get a lot in one delivered to the shop, and then just sell them as and when people get the money together.

I would like some better speakers the old one really are poor when the volume goes up what would a set of these speakers cost with no discount?

Yes, would literately be, out with the old, in with the new.

really? as in they'd have the tweeter base plate that the standard cars have?

If these fit in standard locations then depending on price I may be up for a set.

Pulling out my sub, amps and components and want to go back standard.

sorry man been berried under, me and the guys at the shop are staying late tonight so i will confirm quants and contact to JL will be made tomorrow. tbh i was waiting more confirmed numbers, but once the price is confirmed hopefully we will have alot more interest.

should have you a price by the end of the week. im guna ask them to base the price on 15 sets as i have 11 confirming interest.

any more want in then just message on this thread.

My right door speaker stopped working the other day. It occasionally works but very quiet and flat... stripped the door card today to check for any wire issue but all looked good. I'm still running original Nokia speakers tho, so I bet it's just down to it's age.

For that reason, if the price is right I could be also interested in a set.

Just roughly what kind of price bracket we talking about? Also, how this new speakers would connect. I'm complete noob ICE wise, I suspect original plug won't work with new speakers.