Supercharged

Garage Lighting Solutions

Can anyone point me in the direction or the best strip light type solution to use in the garage?

Getting fed up of having to use about 5 lamps to do any work in this weather!

I know sodium lighting is good for paint work etc?

I purchased 6 of these 5ft from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IP65-switch-start-WEATHERPROOF-FLUORESCENT-CEILING-LIGHT-excellent-price-/250967065820?pt=UK_BOI_Lights_Lighting_ET&var=&hash=item3a6ecd84dc&clk_rvr_id=432559611444&afsrc=1 and the tubes to suit from screwfix for my garage.

I Mounted 2x on each side wal and 2x in the centre ceiling to illuminate from the most equal positions. I also have one on an extension lead to use under the car.

Matt

Edited by MattPc

You've probably already done this, but painting the walls and ceiling white make a big difference and is very cheap to do, if a little time consuming!

iv got something like this in my shed, got like 6 of em, just wire them intogether and up to a plug, so you dont have to get a sparky in to wire them in

,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-Fluorescent-Strip-Light-Batten-Fitting-Requires-1-x-T8-70w-Tube-/170864761679?pt=UK_Light_Fittings&hash=item27c8555b4f

Anyone used LED battens in the garage for lighting?

Need a better solution in my garage as the lighting is very poor at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread revival....

Any modern ideas for better garage lighting...

Currently have 3 very old strip lights.. they really need replacing...

It’s a double garage.. walls are painted white, with a light grey reflective floor...

But really do need better light... one problem is I’m limited to lights at the back of the garage as their is no room at the front as the garage door would obstruct when up. I have ladders on the walls and shelving so wall mounting is a problem.... I

Thread revival....

Any modern ideas for better garage lighting...

Currently have 3 very old strip lights.. they really need replacing...

It’s a double garage.. walls are painted white, with a light grey reflective floor...

But really do need better light... one problem is I’m limited to lights at the back of the garage as their is no room at the front as the garage door would obstruct when up. I have ladders on the walls and shelving so wall mounting is a problem.... I

replaced mine with led strip lights....freakin awesome....nice even crisp light...no more flickering tubes...from TLC direct:

GLBB5 5ft Single T8 LED Ready Batten - Less LED Tube £8.67 each

LTT524CW 5ft 24w LED Fluorescent Tube - Cool White £8.41 each

Edited by blue95

You can fit the led ones to your normal fluorescent units, you just need to alter the wiring a bit so it’s direct 240v at one end without the starter/ballast in the circuit.

Garages, by design, often do not have windows and even if they have some lighting, it does not produce enough lighting – especially if you are working late at night or early in the morning.

Before we show you some of the best garage lighting on the market, here are some of the best garage lighting ideas we could find online:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97100[/ATTACH]

Light panels for the win. 3-4000 lumens for forty quid. More even lighting than even strip lights and less visual fatigue because they look a lot like roof windows.

Get some 4000k daylight white like linked above and place them around the ceiling in suitable spots.

The IKEA Floalt ones add wireless colour changing and dimming to this and make it easy to fit, but inevitably cost quite a lot more per lumen output. Good for household use though, particularly in kitchens