seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I'm adamant Sean that I have the wrong rear springs for my B12 kit, can you recall the Eibach Part Nr by any chance - Also any way of telling without dismantling them?

Ian, sorry for late reply. The correct ones have a part number ending in 2002HA which is what I have fitted now. Incorrect ones end in 3002HA. Good comparison from SeanJaymos old car below including pics and full part numbers.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?80155-Corrado-Part-Duex-24V-Aqua-Blue-She-s-gone&p=1091997&viewfull=1#post1091997

Ian, sorry for late reply. The correct ones have a part number ending in 2002HA which is what I have fitted now. Incorrect ones end in 3002HA. Good comparison from SeanJaymos old car below including pics and full part numbers.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?80155-Corrado-Part-Duex-24V-Aqua-Blue-She-s-gone&p=1091997&viewfull=1#post1091997

That's good to know Sean I just checked the new springs that I didn't use and they are ending with 3002HA so made the right decision not fitting them.

Thanks.

Edited by Keyo

Engine support arrived on 27th so subframe is now off. I've removed everything from it including the PAS rack which I'll paint myself, though I am considering having it rebuilt. Has anyone done it themselves - is it difficult to strip down as surely its only the seals that need replacing?

I've got the ARB off and have a BNOS one to go on, and the wishbones are off and luckily I had no issues with front captive nuts breaking off. They've obviously been off in the past as the rears were poly bushes so that may have helped, along with about a dozen goes on them with some plusgas over a 48 hour period.

Most of my parts have arrived; ball joints, inner & outer CVs, track rods & ends, brake dust shields, rear bumper heat shield, front ABS sensors, brake hoses and various nuts & bolts. Had a lot of the parts from previously (hubs, bearings, bushes, clips etc), so all I really need to do now before I put it all back together is get the drive shafts, hub knuckles & subframe powdercoated, give the rest of the underside a good clean & patch repair a few bits of underseal, get the calipers refurbished (keep meaning to send them to Bigg Red so need to get round to that sharpish) and get all the brake lines made up. I have already made a lot of the lines in kunifer, but although I've done a pretty good job if I do say so myself!, I just don't thing I'll be completely happy unless they're perfectly formed as the radius's on mine just aren't close enough to original with the pipe bender I have. As volksworld13 is only a couple of hours from me, I will probably have him make me the set in the original green steel and go and pick them up. I'll post up some pics at some point as well. :thumbleft:

More than enough to keep you busy then Sean . I had some help with mine when I did this job . I would never attempt this on my driveway again though, at least you have a garage. Great news about the sub frame coming out without any sheared bolts mate .

This sounds great work bet you cant wait to see and feel the final results.

Sorry for this dumb question but what is the rear bumper heat shield actually for as its the opposite side of the exhaust. I'm doing a bumper refurb next year so have a rear bumper heat shield and rivets . Annoyingly the rear bumper bracket bolts seem to be obsolete.

This sounds great work bet you cant wait to see and feel the final results.

Sorry for this dumb question but what is the rear bumper heat shield actually for as its the opposite side of the exhaust. I'm doing a bumper refurb next year so have a rear bumper heat shield and rivets . Annoyingly the rear bumper bracket bolts seem to be obsolete.

It's for when you eventually do a V8 conversion - or to keep your garage floor/driveway from melting when the fuel pump and tank go up in a ball of flames....

Happy New Year guys! ;)

I fear its going to slow down again Rob. I'm back to work on Monday but away during the week until March, so only really have the weekends so it'll be the odd hour here and there between family time....

No huge rush though as I don't plan on taking it out until late spring anyway.

It's for when you eventually do a V8 conversion - or to keep your garage floor/driveway from melting when the fuel pump and tank go up in a ball of flames....

Happy New Year guys! ;)

Haha, something like that! Keyo, honestly I've no idea, but wanted to get it for "completeness" anyway!

I'd just use high tensile bolts in the same size for the rear bumper if I were you.

Ha ha.

Happy New Year Fen!

The only thing I can think of is, if in other countries the exhaust is the other side and they didn't bother to swop over the shield on RHD cars, god knows !

Ha ha.

Happy New Year Fen!

The only thing I can think of is, if in other countries the exhaust is the other side and they didn't bother to swop over the shield on RHD cars, god knows !

Exhaust exits on the left side on LHD cars too. I think the Dalai Lama might know though! lol

Could it be that the fitter in the Karmann factory didnt know his left and rights, it is a true mystery. ha

Edited by Keyo

Is it to stop the tow hook getting hot ?

Edited by Keyo

Cleaned up the rest of the underside yesterday. Looking nice and clean now, though may have one more pass at it as I've come this far, a couple more hours will make it spotless. Hands and arms were starting to come out in rashes from the thinners though! I'm going to remove the rear beam and tank strap again though, as I'd painted it before but as the front is being powder coated, I want it all to be uniform. Got the front bearings pressed out so everything is at the front is ready to go now. I also painted up the PAS rack in stone chip and it looks great. Received my goodridge hoses in vintage Matt black with SS fittings last week too. Calipers were sent off to Bigg Red today for refurbishment and electroplating, so just lines, powder coating and a load of nuts and bolts to get now. Oh, and service items ready to fire up and get back on the road late spring I expect! Getting excited to finally be on the path to driving it again after so long! :thumbleft:

:thumbleft:Keep going Sean,you’ll get there.The light is definitely getting brighter at the end of that tunnel

Good work Sean . It would be nice to see this car again one day . She must be getting on for a minter now .

Edited by robrado974

Thanks all! Rob, yeah hopefully be around in it for local meets etc this spring/summer. Look forward to seeing yours again too after all the work you've had done since I last saw it up on Plymouth Hoe.

Mark, no real rust underneath thankfully. Just a little bit of surface rust easily rubbed down around the studs for various clips etc. With a rub down, bit of paint and the underseal on top - which I'm hoping to get from VW if still available, all should be good. :thumbleft:

These bloody OE nuts and bolts dont half add up, it would be great if you could buy a vag Corrado bolt and nut set with crap loads in there !

These bloody OE nuts and bolts dont half add up, it would be great if you could buy a vag Corrado bolt and nut set with crap loads in there !

I dread to think how much it'll cost judging from past experience... I got a load of old and new ones zinc plated previously, but some of the old ones are a bit pitted so I'm not entirely happy with them. Need to get a list of part numbers together first though.