seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

The base on my antenna is all dried up I noticed recently and I guess if I want to change it, I'll have to remove that headliner as well... I've done that once long long time ago on a MK2. Kind of intimidated by this one tough with the sunroof and brittle parts... Since you've just done it and it's fresh in your memory, do you think it would be possible to remove just the C pillar, drop the headliner down enough to have access to it? 

Cheers mate! 

21 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

The base on my antenna is all dried up I noticed recently and I guess if I want to change it, I'll have to remove that headliner as well... I've done that once long long time ago on a MK2. Kind of intimidated by this one tough with the sunroof and brittle parts... Since you've just done it and it's fresh in your memory, do you think it would be possible to remove just the C pillar, drop the headliner down enough to have access to it? 

Cheers mate! 

Yeah the rear trim and C pillars will give you plenty of room. 👍

Well, 3 months on I've still to do the driver's seat re-colour! 😆 Will be tackling it tomorrow though as unfortunately I need to use the car for work on Monday despite the weather forecast. The daily blew a high pressure Pas pipe today and I can't source the parts and do it myself over the weekend (nearest dealer with stock is Cardiff!). Means I have to leave the Corrado for two weeks in a coastal car park whilst I'm away too. Gutted. 😫 

36 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Well, 3 months on I've still to do the driver's seat re-colour! 😆 Will be tackling it tomorrow though as unfortunately I need to use the car for work on Monday despite the weather forecast. The daily blew a high pressure Pas pipe today and I can't source the parts and do it myself over the weekend (nearest dealer with stock is Cardiff!). Means I have to leave the Corrado for two weeks in a coastal car park whilst I'm away too. Gutted. 😫 

Nice to see you back. It may be a car misfortune,  but you get to drive your C more. Lucky you 

10 hours ago, Cressa said:

Nice to see you back. It may be a car misfortune,  but you get to drive your C more. Lucky you 

I know Cressa, been away with work quite a lot this year and as the boy has started karting and limited time with the family has meant the car is taking a back seat. I'm supposed to be replacing a fence this weekend as well so just don't have the time unfortunately. Driving it to Plymouth at 5am Monday and leaving it in a car park for 2 weeks before driving home isn't how I wish to use it though.

Edited by seanl82

5 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I know Cressa, been away with work quite a lot this year and as the boy has started karting and limited time with the family has meant the car is taking a back seat. I'm supposed to be replacing a fence this weekend as well so just don't have the time unfortunately. Driving it to Plymouth at 5am Monday and leaving it in a car park for 2 weeks before driving home isn't how I wish to use it though.

Shame you aren't anywhere near me at Sheffield. I wont be using my passat diesel estate for a few weeks, you could happily borrow it if you could fetch it 👍

Haha, thank you very much for the offer mate! About an 8 hour round trip though! I could get a train and taxi, but I'm 17 miles from the nearest station so unless I went back tomorrow night it's a no go (my commute is 83 miles each way btw). It is an excuse to finish the interior and drive it I suppose, just wish I didn't have to leave it uncovered in salty air. 

How good does she look..

Looks great. Try not to miss her too much. 

And take an ignition lead with you when you've parked her up..

22 minutes ago, Cressa said:

How good does she look..

Looks great. Try not to miss her too much. 

And take an ignition lead with you when you've parked her up..

Thanks mate. Haha, it's in a Naval dockyard so unlikely to be stolen, just need to make sure it's left in a far flung corner out of the way of careless people though! Lol.

those seats look amazing Sean!  I need to get some dye for mine - i think you sent me the best colour match supplier somewhere, just can't locate it right now...

Hasan

Liquid leather (scuffmaster) is the best one Hasan. First time around I used Furniture clinic but the sealer never set properly so it was always mildly tacky and left clothes fibres on the seat. Liquid leather is perfect though. Just be sure to use a gun as it'll leave a far superior finish to dabbing it on with a sponge. 👍

22 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Liquid leather (scuffmaster) is the best one Hasan. First time around I used Furniture clinic but the sealer never set properly so it was always mildly tacky and left clothes fibres on the seat. Liquid leather is perfect though. Just be sure to use a gun as it'll leave a far superior finish to dabbing it on with a sponge. 👍

exactly the products i used on my VR seats m8 although i sponged it on & still got a good finish, i just took my time with it

The seats look good I might have to try this product.  Anyone got a link for black please. 

Edited by Keyo

On 5/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, Keyo said:

The seats look good I might have to try this product.  Anyone got a link for black please. 

Alright Keyo, sorry for late response (been away as mentioned). https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/leather-dyes-c48/dyes-c91/leather-dye-1l-p144

When you add it to basket and go through the options, it'll ask for the interior colour code. Just put the black one and go from there mate.

In other news, car back home and in the garage safe and sound! 

Performed flawlessly as expected really - a little sluggish turning over after 12 days but the battery is about 6 years old now. Had a slight worry with how watertight it would be as it's been a dry weather car for the past 5 years, and not a drop of water inside even after the torrential rain the week before last which was great. Had to wash the seagull shite off before I left though! Good wash & dry yesterday and tucked back away. 😁

Edited by seanl82

31 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Alright Keyo, sorry for late response (been away as mentioned). https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/leather-dyes-c48/dyes-c91/leather-dye-1l-p144

When you add it to basket and go through the options, it'll ask for the interior colour code. Just put the black one and go from there mate.

In other news, car back home and in the garage safe and sound! 

Performed flawlessly as expected really - a little sluggish turning over after 12 days but the battery is about 6 years old now. Had a slight worry with how watertight it would be as it's been a dry weather car for the past 5 years, and not a drop of water inside even after the torrential rain the week before last which was great. Had to wash the seagull shite off before I left though! Good wash & dry yesterday and tucked back away. 😁

Nice one mate- I can get mine looking like yours with that product I will be chuffed. 

Them seagulls are huge these days - Im mean they are growing to Pterodactyl proportions - no doubt these USA type  king size meals been scavenged on the beach's of the UK.🤣 

The sunroof motor stopped working and kept blowing fuses. Removal of the motor from the mech stopped the fuses blowing but it would click and not move. Had an old one that was a bit slow so stripped it down, greased the gears and replaced. Tilt & slide silky smooth and runs along nicely now. 😁

Whilst doing the sunroof though, I noticed my roof mouldings have really deteriorated over the past year. They were beginning to crack along the rubber edge but only a few small ones on the near side, now both sides are looking particularly bad so I've ordered the DIY seals that Ron had previously mentioned to refurbish them. £17 for the D type underside, T type edge seal and enough double sided foam to do both sides, as opposed to £360 for a pair of new genuine ones! 

Aux water pump doesn't seem to be coming on now either. I'll investigate that this weekend as well. Think she's punishing me for not using her enough. 🙄

10 hours ago, seanl82 said:

The sunroof motor stopped working and kept blowing fuses. Removal of the motor from the mech stopped the fuses blowing but it would click and not move. Had an old one that was a bit slow so stripped it down, greased the gears and replaced. Tilt & slide silky smooth and runs along nicely now. 😁

Whilst doing the sunroof though, I noticed my roof mouldings have really deteriorated over the past year. They were beginning to crack along the rubber edge but only a few small ones on the near side, now both sides are looking particularly bad so I've ordered the DIY seals that Ron had previously mentioned to refurbish them. £17 for the D type underside, T type edge seal and enough double sided foam to do both sides, as opposed to £360 for a pair of new genuine ones! 

Aux water pump doesn't seem to be coming on now either. I'll investigate that this weekend as well. Think she's punishing me for not using her enough. 🙄

I've started on my roof trims too. Need to straighten them a little as there are a few bends, not quite sure how or why.. Sean, dont the seals come with double-sided already applied?