seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Sean regardless if confirmed a storm or not it is still a magnificent testament to your work thus far and may it continue.

there is still doubt there but as said you have produced a very well presented corrado and there is no need to take anything from that.

Thanks Gents, I do appreciate it. I'm happy with my lot don't get me wrong. Just would have been nice to think I may have had one of the first Storms produced, and would have been a positive outcome to the mystery that surrounded it previously!

I wouldn't worry about the piece of paper. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Your car is a total transformation, fair play to you mate..

Storms may command more money at the moment. But by the time your done with yours it will be mint. Concours even. And I'm sure if you were to sell it on you would be able to get a good price for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again chaps. Mint, no. Concourse, definitely not! Show n shine winner - with a good set of wheels, definitely possible.

I won't be entering in that sort of thing though, it's not really my thing. I'm happy knowing I've got a good car and although I've got about 7k invested in it, if I ever decided to sell its not gonna be a huge amount under that I'll get for it. Over the 4 years I've owned it, I could have spent a whole lot more on other hobbies!

Still a car to be proud of Sean storm or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed! It's just a badge at the end of the day.

My car doesn't have those codes on the boot sticker either?

How do you go about getting the certificate?

If you go on the wolfsburg auto Museum website, there should be a page on there somewhere. I'll put the links up when I get home if you like. It's not cheap, but adds to the history of the vehicle and it was a price I was willing to pay for knowing! I got the data sheet too which if I'm honest, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for. I'll post a pic of that later too to show what it includes, which isn't any more than is in the back of the owners manual.

If you go on the wolfsburg auto Museum website, there should be a page on there somewhere. I'll put the links up when I get home if you like. It's not cheap, but adds to the history of the vehicle and it was a price I was willing to pay for knowing! I got the data sheet too which if I'm honest, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for. I'll post a pic of that later too to show what it includes, which isn't any more than is in the back of the owners manual.

http://automuseum.volkswagen.de/en/certificates-and-data-sheets.html

Here is the data sheet

DSC_0456_zpsfr9vejh7.jpg

And here is what I got the Storm code from.

zertifikate_LI_zpsxttpo2cz.jpg

Its taken from Facebook but I've edited it to remove the owner and chassis number as its not mine to show.

Well, nothing doing with the Corrado. I'd planned to have a few days on it this week as the kids have been back to school and I've been on leave, but had to get the daily sorted for MOT and got a couple of mini projects on the go as well as living room decoration and a new bathroom.

Daily failed on a front strut, headlight beam, and a couple of tyres. I changed both struts and top mount bearings (what an utter nightmare that was, damn French POS!), I also managed to trash a ball joint so changed the lower arms, and pulled a drive shaft out at the input end so had to drain and re-fill the gear oil. Second hand replacement headlight as the reflector was gone, and replaced the drop links as they were an advisory. Took me 2 days in all due to the way the struts are housed in the hub. Bastid things!

Anyway, front room decorated and bathroom will be finished tomorrow, but it was the boys 4th birthday a couple of weeks ago so bought him a cheap little mini 50cc 2 stroke quad! Its amazing and he loves it. My 9 year old daughter then kept banging on that she wanted one too, so I've just bought her a second hand 4 stroke 50cc. It needs a bit of work as it won't idle unless given a bit of throttle, and the choke doesn't seem to be doing much, but I'm gonna strip the carb down and have a good go over it tomorrow, replacing fluids and filters too. There is a smallish wooded area just behind the house with a path, so they've been bombing along there scaring dog walkers! lol.

I'm fitting a tow bar to the car on Saturday, so I'll get a little trailer and we can all go on little expeditions with em! lol.

thumbnail_DSC_0465_zpsd7v6kgk8.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0462_zps1lkaswtw.jpg

Don't have any of my Daughters yet, but its a generic red Chinese thing thats a couple of years old.

You must remove the storm badges and coloured grill immediately!! :lol:

It's a great car buddy. No doubt there.... can I ask how you got the sheet? I like that sort of thing :)

I know Chris! I've been looking for gearstick surrounds with the karmann badge. As soon as I get one, they'll be coming off I expect! Need to swap the solitudes for some speedlines too! Not that I ever use them........

If you go on the VW auto Museum website there is a link for the birth certificate etc. (Google translate is your friend obviously!).

Great buy!!! My vr bodywork is something similar if not worse I must put pics up but fingers crossed it wil b ready for the summer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Chris! I've been looking for gearstick surrounds with the karmann badge. As soon as I get one, they'll be coming off I expect! Need to swap the solitudes for some speedlines too! Not that I ever use them........

If you go on the VW auto Museum website there is a link for the birth certificate etc. (Google translate is your friend obviously!).

Love how you call it a ringer :lol:

I know Chris! I've been looking for gearstick surrounds with the karmann badge. As soon as I get one, they'll be coming off I expect!

A Storm ringing kit would be worth £1ks on eBay!

A Storm ringing kit would be worth £1ks on eBay!

When I get a Karmann gear stick badge, I'll put it all on! Bids invited stating from 10 million dollars! Lol I should move to Chinnor I think, I'd make a killing there!

When I get a Karmann gear stick badge, I'll put it all on! Bids invited stating from 10 million dollars! Lol I should move to Chinnor I think, I'd make a killing there!

Hi Sean

I happen to have a new Karmann gear stick badge if you are interested. After all you don't want to be accused of fraud.

But which karmann badge should it have? You don't want people talking about that now! :lol:

There are different types?

Hi Sean

I happen to have a new Karmann gear stick badge if you are interested. After all you don't want to be accused of fraud.

Interested Robin. What are you after for it?