seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I’m only asking as my friendly mechanic did mine . I didn’t want to attempt it on a drive way . Everything seems to be ok ?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure it’s done correctly and if not, I’m not sure how quickly a problem would arise.

I’m not suggesting mine is not right , it just set me thinking when I saw this post . I suppose the only way you can tell is by looking at another fitted beam or if the bushes start to wear under in correct fitted stress .

New home.

Needs a good sort out before I can properly start work again as half the house is in there at the moment but it's warm, dry, has power, lights, water and a beer fridge!

Need to take a step back as I'm already thinking of ways to turn it into the ultimate man cave! Lol. House first, then garage work / car...........

99b2f8fdfd0e840be345415c7857f1b7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Very nice mate . Room for another?

Unfortunately not mate. She's already decided we're eating into the garage where the fridge, washer, and dryer are in the pic. Moving the shower room into that alcove, and having a utility leading into it (accessed from the house). May have a door into the garage as well though so easy access. That's after the loft conversation is complete though (currently has velux windows) and all the bedrooms are decorated.......

No rest for the wicked!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good ceiling height in there, ramp? :)

Just what i was thinking too...

Lucky guy Sean, enjoy!

Haha, yeah the kids were busy writing in the dust. Was gonna tell them not to as it'll introduce micro scratches but thought sod it, it's harmless fun and let them crack on!

It's a very high ceiling. I need to go and buy a good sized ladder just to use it for storage! A scissor or 2 post lift has crossed my mind, and been priced up as it happens! Lol. Think it may be out of the original intended budget but maybe in time........:p

Haha, yeah the kids were busy writing in the dust. Was gonna tell them not to as it'll introduce micro scratches but thought sod it, it's harmless fun and let them crack on!

It's a very high ceiling. I need to go and buy a good sized ladder just to use it for storage! A scissor or 2 post lift has crossed my mind, and been priced up as it happens! Lol. Think it may be out of the original intended budget but maybe in time........:p

Doesn’t a scissor lift come free with a loft conversion now

Having had use of a 4 post a while back for a good amount of time, I can honestly say that it doesn't! Lol

I can vouch for that . Struggling to remove the underside of a car on the drive when it’s on stands is not something I would do again

Hi Sean,

Read as much as I can of the thread - good work and an inspiration to me as I start this journey! I was after a picture of your exhaust but couldn't find it in the thread. Do you have one handy or point in the page number range :)

I've also got the B12 set to go on and I'm worried about the rear springs. How did you end up - the picture of the car on your drive looked nice and level after fitting :)

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt, I'll have a look through the pics on the laptop tonight to see if I have any of the exhaust. It's off the car in bits at the moment. What specifically do you need?

I've got the correct rear springs now, and they are fitted but the wheels are off and the car is in the air! Lol. I haven't noticed any real difference in height with new vs old, but can't say I measured them to be sure. The new springs are about half a coil longer though. Thanks for taking the time to read the thread btw, progress is almost non existent over the last 18 months but I will find time at some point to get going again. Probably over the winter as a heated garage is an absolute good send!

Ah well it was an enjoyable read and you’ve done most of the things I want to do!

Re the exhaust I lm considering one - unsure if I should go res or non res and I wanted to see how it sits on the car. I like OEM+ as a theme and want the exhaust to sound more sporty/grunty and some burbles would be nice.

I've had a good search through my pics and surprisingly I don't really have any of the exhaust! You can see a couple of the tail pipe in various ones but that's about it. It's a great exhaust imo. It's resonated which is what I prefer, so very quiet normally, but nice and deep when you plant your foot. I've had non resonated on previous cars and not a fan of the drone at speed or the unwanted attention they bring. It's entirely personal choice though and many on here have them and love em. Fitment wise, depends who fits it and how anal they are really! Mine sat about 2mm further to one side at the tip than it should, which although isn't the end of the world, did get on my nerves a bit. It'll be sorted when it goes back together though! As long as you take time connecting each section, mocking it all up beforehand and marking where it should go you'll be fine.

Ahh thanks Sean. Sorry for late reply. Yes resonated feels like it is the way to go. I don't want a drone or anything that sounds harsh but want more sound on throttle and at idle.

I just need to find some time to work on that car! Busy at the moment and the weekends are booked up. I also need a garage so I could be tinkering in the evenings. Don't fancy it out on the drive.

Well, 2 years on and I've finally had a day on the car! Not a huge amount done, more of trying to reacquaint myself with it and remember what I'd done previously, and check the parts I still need. Got the front brakes, hubs & driveshafts off, but had to destroy the ball joints and track rod ends as they wouldn't come out without using the splitter. The O/S brake dust shield bolts wouldn't budge from the knuckle either and one sheared, so I'm soaking them for a few days before trying again. I've ordered an engine support, so subframe should be off before the new year as well hopefully. Calipers will be going off to Bigg Red next week, and I'm off til 6th Jan so hopefully able to make some decent progress. :cheers:

I'm adamant Sean that I have the wrong rear springs for my B12 kit, can you recall the Eibach Part Nr by any chance - Also any way of telling without dismantling them?

I have the details in my readers ride thread. Can't remember off the top of my head but do have the original eibach rears in my shed. They were a good 2cm shorter than the replacement eibach springs. Eibach will replace them for free. I just said the car was sitting on its bump stops and moaned lightly that many others in the corrado community had issues. 2 weeks later replacement springs arrived at my door.

Was there not a known issue with these that they were shipping the wrong ones as they didn't realise/care that the late cars had two different spring set-ups?

I think there was plenty of discussion about this on here, so a good rummage with the search function or Google should throw something up? I seem to remember those that had the problem were able to exchange their springs for the correct item, but that spring plates needed to change as well - but could be wrong...

If you search Black magic returns home its on there also. I even put some pictures up to compare the rear H and R springs I took off the car with the new Eibach ones, the eibach where considerably shorter, but this site deleted all the pictures on my thread. Like P I had Eibach send me out some springs - I still have the new original springs that were incorrect and the H and R springs I took off for comparison.