Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

For what its worth I asked this question of my B12 supplier and he said Bilstein made no mention of cutting the bumpstops so he recommended leaving them standard.

Thanks nice to know; however I'm also reading online that a number of people (not corrado specific) have had issues with the ride quality on the rears with B12's and bilstein customer services then advise cutting them down (which has then resolved the problems presenting). I'll try them uncut first and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few weeks with no update, Things haven't progressed hugely fast due to the rubbish weather. I've made progress though so not all bad!

Few pictures for those who like that kind of thing!

20130421_165525_zpsa4997fd2.jpg

20130421_165516_zpsc7195c3f.jpg

20130421_165439_zps306f114f.jpg

I have removed and fitted a nice new cross member and radiator support panel with brand spanking new bushes and bolts along with refurbed and powder coated wishbones with OEM front bushes and TT rear bushes. Original subframe was in great condition (thanks to years of oil and gunk!) so was cleaned up and refitted. New steering rack bush with powder coated bracket fitted along with new track rods, steering bellows and track rod ends. The hub carriers have been powdercoated and new bearings pressed in and old hubs reused as they are spot on, if a little stained up and fitted to new ball joints. New bolts have been fitted throughout.

I'm waiting on TPS for new splash shields, bolts and flywheel pressure bolts before I can carry on refitting the brakes.

The loom has been modified to work on the 24v system but is only trial fitted into place until I know everything is working properly. I need to swap over my pedal box to one which has had the DBW pedal fitted into place, but i'm saving that little joy for later on in the week!

Updates when they come!

---------- Post added at 7:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:29 PM ----------

I was thinking of using plastidip on my ARB along with other things. Would anyone know how it would fair up or tried it themselves?

Hey just wondering where you got the crossmember from ?

Hi all

She is with me now, got if of @Orkius in Feb.

Drives very well, good steering, brakes and suspension.

I never had 24V VR6 before, and have to admit that I enjoy it.

I'm impressed how much work with attention to all details @Sean_Jaymo have done.

Ok so here is the plan for her, that I'm confident of doing my self.

- New Timing chain

- Body work (only prep work)

- Locate and stop small oil leak.

- Service brakes

- Replace one headlight lens

The only thing that I miss is the Air-Con, I know that Sean have done most of work to allow it to be installed.

Need to find someone who will help me to complete that.

I'm not starting work on her until end of April as I have another car on my drive that I need to get rid of first.

Hi all

She is with me now, got if of @Orkius in Feb.

Drives very well, good steering, brakes and suspension.

I never had 24V VR6 before, and have to admit that I enjoy it.

I'm impressed how much work with attention to all details @Sean_Jaymo have done.

Ok so here is the plan for her, that I'm confident of doing my self.

- New Timing chain

- Body work (only prep work)

- Locate and stop small oil leak.

- Service brakes

- Replace one headlight lens

The only thing that I miss is the Air-Con, I know that Sean have done most of work to allow it to be installed.

Need to find someone who will help me to complete that.

I'm not starting work on her until end of April as I have another car on my drive that I need to get rid of first.

Best of luck with your new Rado.

If it's a MK2 golf 16V the other car I will have an interest ha .

After I will complete my MK3 Convertible and sale it time will come for her, meanwhile she is happy and safe and got company.