Mawrick

VW Corrado takes on the new RS6 - Autobahn :)

From a norwegian magazine doing a test drive of the new RS6 on autobahn, suddenly they are trying to "push" on somewhat of an older car in front of them :)

Check out the video on this page:

http://www.autofil.no/915129/nye-audi-rs6-raskest-av-alle

(they do speak norwegian - the corrado shows late in the video....so watch it all :) )

Edited by Mawrick

WTF is in that Corrado to see off an RS6!!

I see they write in the article that it looked to be a VR6 badge on the hatch, and it "shot" out from the exhaust every time he seemed to do a gear shift........but yea, no idea what was under that hood lol....:)

Must have been a VR Turbo of some sorts (or maybe a more modern engine.. R32 turbo?) but even then that's impressive as it was pulling away too and the RS6 is definitely no slouch! Mental.

Must have been a VR Turbo of some sorts (or maybe a more modern engine.. R32 turbo?) but even then that's impressive as it was pulling away too and the RS6 is definitely no slouch! Mental.

Yea, they are almost hitting the 300 km/h (it says km/t on the screen = km/h ) :)

not a valver then

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Let Google translate the page, It's hilarious.

"---- astonishment is great for driving and colleague Vegard Johnsen Møller from Broom. Not because of the dizzying speed alone. But mostly because we've just been parked by a tilårskommen, skamsenket Volkswagen Corrado. See our video test of the Audi RS4 here! VR6 ... and some supplementary? What is under the hood of the car sick boar, we will never know. I think I saw a VR6 badge on the tailgate, without being completely cocksure. But eksosdottene who slams out of the pot at every shift, hints overcharging. Booklet overcharging ..."

That's cool, nice to see an 'old' car in a review. The RS6 is only about 314 bhp per ton, so a fairly well tuned FI VR6 will give it a run for it's money :-)

An average VRT conversion running a bar of boost is 320hp / tonne ;) There are plenty of VRTs out there (especially in Europe) running crazy power. They would floss their teeth with RS6s.... in a straight line at least.

I thought when I drove the Stealth VR6 turbo it felt 'supercar quick' but didn't really want to say it out loud for fear of ridicule.. but I think it goes to show I wasn't imagining it. The sheer pace when I came down a slip road and onto the motorway and I nailed it through 3rd and 4th almost took my breath away.

Certainly did!

Very different power deliveries but the VRT has an incredibly addictive midrange thump that pulls car lengths on just about anything :D