Jon_vr6

Wiper linkage - 536 955 325

As above contacted VW heritage to order parts for my wiper rebuild and theyve sent me an email saying that part number

536 955 325 is no longer available

The part is the little metal piece between the motor arm and the wiper arm with 2 bushes on either end and a slight kink in the middle

Long shot but has anyone got one lying around brand new unused?

Thanks

Jon

****, a couple of weeks ago i checked and they had them in stock. Im also after one of these if someones knows where i can get a new part. Jon_vr6 the guy in Chinnor who breaks Corrados will have the peice, put the problem is if u get another second hand bit it will just happen again!

Ive not checked at the dealer though

Jon I got mine not so long ago from Tps in Stockport! They've moved to Cheadle so only down the rd from you buddy. Give them a try, I think it was about £11

Emailed a company that makes wiper linkages for other cars and asked if they would be interested in making some up for the corrado

I managed to get the other linkage new, but i have asked if they would make up the two of them (no reply back yet though)

Linkages being sent off tomorrow to the website above didnt say anything about needing a minimum order so will presume they will put them on their website when they are done

so what just email them and they'll send me one?

Ive got to send my ones off first so they can be copied. Then they should appear on the website when they are available. Ill update this thread when that happens

Bit later than i planned to but the wiper linkages have been sent to WIPEX LTD today so they should get them on Monday. So its just a waiting game now

Jon

Just to keep it up to date, longer linkage is complete and we are just waiting on the shorter one being made. Updates as and when

Right ill tell you were im up to and its not good news, Wipex.co.uk cant reproduce the smaller rod part for one reason or another which isnt good, ive just spoken to VW parts and the smaller rod is definitely obsolete. So at the minute its like speaking to a brick wall with wipex as i would like the old parts back but they are either blanking me or the guy is on holiday.

So we need to come up with a plan of how to either restore this part to what it was like brand new or get another company to try to reproduce it. I think the restore part is the easier method as its only the bushes that fail on them and not the metal part.

Anyone got any ideas or companies that might be able to help?

Cheers

Jon

Just enquired about the part with vw classic parts and its got a green light meaning available so asked if it was right

Well ive sent payment over to classic part vw in Germany we'll see if they get back to me like Vw heritage( who are the middle man for Vw parts in UK) did and said they are obsolete. Either looks promising up to now

Hello Jon_VR6,

that's great if they can produce that item.

But if not I've found a few bits that may or may not be of use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONE-WIPER-WORKING-WINDSCREEN-WIPER-MOTOR-LINKAGE-LINK-REPAIR-CLIP-KIT-/321230813858?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4acad93aa2

Or may be to make something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDSCREEN-WIPER-MOTOR-LINKAGE-REPAIR-PLATE-FORD-GALAXY-VW-SHARAN-SEAT-ALHAMBRA-/261293847987?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item3cd653b5b3

I can only really find these rubber grommets, can't find any that are nylon,

which I think would be close to the original ones ??

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/171529/heli-canopy-rubber-grommet-small-10pcs

I will have a look around at a few places close to me,

as I've got a few days off now.

Other then that it's to drill through the ball joint part,

and use a small bolt, washers and a nut to keep it attached ??

Or it's to purchase the longer arm from VW Heritage part n.o 535955326A £28.30

and bend it into the correct shape or cut it and weld it to the correct shape of the shorter arm,

this way it's a new arm with new bushes at both ends,

and will be the correct replacement after a little fabrication ??

What do you guys think.

Si