Stonejag

DG Autotech dual radiator fan bracket

Indeed! :) I've dropped him an email to draw attention to the thread.

Am sure we could work out some brackets if need be, i have CAD and an A1 printer.

Can't see the design being rocket science.

Yeah - presumably the CAD work was done by Dave aka CrazyDave on here then as he was the other partner in DG Autotech. Perhaps worth dropping him a PM :) He might give you the original cad files.

Or I could buy one of the sets I was offered and let you lot sort it out among yourselves ;) I have enough half-finished Corrado projects as it is...!

Chaps - before you start copying DG Autotech's work, it might be worth dropping them a line to see if they mind first! They may not make them any more and therefore might not care, but if they are still selling them, they might not be too impressed at people copying their products!

LOL, it's a piece of cut aluminium sheet without a copyright or patent, so legally people can copy it if they like. What ever is left of DGA have made it clear they're not interested in this community anymore, so erm, so what?

I have two sets of the brackets in the picture (on the 1st page).... £20 + postage if anybody wants them.

No plans to do any more TBH and no plans to design anything else for the Corrado if people are just going to rip stuff off all the time.

A real good way to kill off any good will in people.....

Dave, I'm sure there was never any intention to rip anyone off. Someone was asking after them and was informed they were no longer available, so others offered to help make them using a copy. Someone else then said maybe you'd have the CAD drawings. I don't know you myself as I wasn't around when you were a forum regular, and I'm sure thats the same in most cases here and quite a few got very enthusiastic at the idea, myself included. If you still had the drawings and were willing to make a run, I'm sure there would be quite a few takers. :shrug:

I have two sets of the brackets in the picture (on the 1st page).... £20 + postage if anybody wants them.

No plans to do any more TBH and no plans to design anything else for the Corrado if people are just going to rip stuff off all the time.

Hi Dave, as per Sean's comments above there was no intention to rip you off at all or kill off any good will. I for one (indeed like many others) have certainly appreciated your technical input on the forum in the past, perhaps a shame that you're not so actively involved now. Again, no insult to you or your work was intended.

Right, so now I have a set of bracketry and one fan (the other's in the post) :)

Just trying to make sure I have all the hardware I need now - what holds the bracket on the passenger side? The mounting holes are much bigger than the others, is there a feature on the radiator that they fit around or do I just need some big washers? Also do the smaller mounting bolts go all the way through the radiator or is there a thinner flange around the edge? Can't see a thing on mine as it's still attached to the car...

Cheers,

Nick

Tip for anybody thinking of fitting these: Spal 11" fans fit the large mount but you need a 6.5" Spal for the smaller one. Kenlowe call that size 6" but the mounting holes are in the same places (on a 135mm square). It looks like an 8" Soak will fit but the mounts are about 3mm out.

I bought the wrong size for the smaller fan so will just be running the single 11" fan - I can always revisit it if need be. Frustrating but maybe it'll stop someone else making the same mistake! The 11" shifts a bell of a lot of air given that it only draws around 6.5A at 12V do it'll most likely be fine without the smaller one :)

I bought my fans from Serck (http://www.serckservicesmotorsport.co.uk) and was very impressed with the price, speed of delivery and customer service :thumbleft:

Stone

Hi Dave if you still have the bracket, i will take them.

Dave,

Do you still have any of these brackets?