Jamie

Jamie's Flash Red VR6 - Woken From Hibernation

I've just realised I never actually updated the thread when I put the Brembos on. Must have been the trauma of it all.

It was sold as a bolt on kit but was anything but - the hoses were the wrong length, the wheels didn't go over the calipers so had to shell out for new adapters, the calipers leaked like hell due to all the threads being covered in paint, all the messing about chipped the calipers to bits and to top it all the seller went missing as soon as I told him I was having problems! Wasn't til I lodged a Paypal dispute to get my money back he started co-operating.

Then once I finally had it all fitted, I had massive issues with bleeding. Done it with an Eezi-bleed half a dozen times, done it with a one way valve a few times and even done it the old fashioned two man way but just couldn't get a pedal I was happy with. Spoke to John at JMR and he said "Just drive it, it will come good. Trust me it will work" I must admit I was very apprehensive about doing so but I trusted Johns knowledge and gingerly set off for the Retro Rides show. Before I even got to the M4 at Reading, as predicted I had a decent pedal :)

So a massive pain in the arse and not a huge improvement on the TT setup but they do look nice :lol:

Edited by Jamie

Cheers Sean :thumbleft:

After that I swear I'm never doing anything like that ever again...

(I'm currently looking at the options for 280 rears :lol:)

Another quick update. Yes I did do the rears and yes they were every bit as much of a pain in the arse as the fronts, if not even more so. Long story short - snapped stub bolts, broken EZ Out, knackered drill bits, bits missing from the kit, tools lent out not returned, caliper fouling issues, incorrect bolts used... But I got there in the end, it looks awesome and let's face it - we wouldn't do it if it was easy, would we? Would we?

0D9C51B2-A403-4AD1-AB91-AF511FE7CEEF.jpg

D56195D6-990B-4CDF-94D7-8ABEF9CB3FD7.jpg

742659CC-230F-48D8-918B-2580A25E5C64.jpg

6F6EBAB1-AB8D-4107-BA1D-87B825DDC44C.jpg

516AD7E5-62FA-4346-8431-0F6842334AE2.jpg

A8A0668A-EB16-4A55-9F60-E1B8CECB2AC7.jpg

Oh and massive thanks to Purple Tom for all his advice and Emu for the link to the hub kit

Great update. Those brakes look fabulous! Not surprised you came away with an award recently Jamie. Those pics really show off the car well.

Thanks lads appreciate the comments. Although I've built it how I like it, it means a lot to me that others appreciate my efforts :)

GWR - do you mean the fogs or the whole car? If it's the fogs it's Lamin-X. PM Riley on here and he'll hook you up

Haven't updated this thread for ages. Been doing a few bits and pieces but nothing too exciting until recently when I visited Lemass Automotive and had the bonnet repaired and washer jets removed, had the front bumper smoothed, wheel arch cracked paint repaired and the tow eye removed...

5D82006E-AAD3-4450-ADF4-0CD5312CDBC5_1.jpg

CDFBD2C4-C96B-4E52-AF99-4A51CB9EDEE9.jpg

BDC775C4-86A3-492A-8EA8-70822EF1CCF6.jpg

673B595D-ABF0-48C5-B028-FE330F11162C.jpg

9EB9E0E8-BF5C-43C7-B9A5-56C90D6CBF66.jpg

1AC93D33-6A5D-492C-89A4-2208FDC46DF3.jpg

Cheers lads - it's getting there :D

Yeah it's Lamin X Gunsmoke Rob