Jamie

Jamie's Flash Red VR6 - Woken From Hibernation

Finally got round to fitting the bonnet foam along with my GlosterOx bonnet pins and catch. If anyone's thinking of doing the same I can heartily recommend Ian's catch and pins and Sprinter35i's foam is fantastic quality, but man what a ballache it was getting the old glue off :( No idea what happened to the before pic but here's the during

A6A882D3-F638-4737-A42D-0384B0C3EB55.jpg

And finished...

0FB221D0-9520-4260-998E-4EA15CD78B3D.jpg

It's my next job. I've got the foam off but not the glue. What did you use?

I tried Evo Stik Adhesive Remover, Surgical Spirit and White Spirit just because that's what I had lying around. White Spirit was the one that done it, the other two were useless but I used the SS to clean the areas up before I stuck the new foam on. One word of advice I would offer - I read on here to let the white spirit soak for an hour, I did this on the two right hand panels and it seemed to set the glue even more solid. I found it came off easier if I brushed the white spirit on and scraped while it was still wet

Thanks Ian they're spot on mate cheers

Right I've been doing a bit of thinking recently and I'm starting to think the time has come and I'm thinking about selling up :(

Just want to gauge interest at the moment and see what people think price wise - cars a 93 VR6, approx 142k, chains were done around 20k ago, highlights VSR manifold, 312mm front brakes with Brembos, 280mm Rear brake conversion, full leather interior with Konig front seats, front end recently painted including front bumper smoothed and rear tow eye delete, all sorts of other desirable bits and pieces, everything works bar the air con. What does the panel think?

Hate to say it but by your facebook ramblings mate id say your deffo moving on !! Wich is a shame but considering the anount of cars you have posted up on facebook wanting id say change is on the way

Sell me all your desirable bits hahaha !!

Haha out of my mind - I take it you mean that in a good way? :lol:

Cheers Mic but dunno if I'd go that far mate but thanks anyway.

Matt - the cars I've been lashing up on FB were always in addition to, not to replace the Corrado but you are kind of kind of right - it's been going on a little while but that E38 thing just made me realise I'm bored of VWs, bored of the VW scene and that.

I'm not even 100% I'm definitely going to sell but if I do the car will be going in one hit, I'm not pulling it apart. The only exception to that will be the VSR and one of my mates has his name on that, next in line would be Chris Langdon and then Goldie so there's already a bit of a queue :)

Thanks for all the compliments though, they're really helping my decision :D

Boo, hiss!

Definitely worth a premium if you do though Jamie. A cracking car and it'll be sad to see you go. If the time is right though then fair enough. May be worth holding out until spring next year though as I feel a real bump in prices is pretty close, and it'll be a sellers market when it happens. Yours is definitely up there so best of luck whatever you do. :thumbleft:

Meant in the best possible way mate, it's just if one of my corrado's was half as nice as yours I'd spend all day looking at it 8)

Haven't updated this thread for ages. Been doing a few bits and pieces but nothing too exciting until recently when I visited Lemass Automotive and had the bonnet repaired and washer jets removed, had the front bumper smoothed, wheel arch cracked paint repaired and the tow eye removed...

5D82006E-AAD3-4450-ADF4-0CD5312CDBC5_1.jpg

CDFBD2C4-C96B-4E52-AF99-4A51CB9EDEE9.jpg

BDC775C4-86A3-492A-8EA8-70822EF1CCF6.jpg

673B595D-ABF0-48C5-B028-FE330F11162C.jpg

9EB9E0E8-BF5C-43C7-B9A5-56C90D6CBF66.jpg

1AC93D33-6A5D-492C-89A4-2208FDC46DF3.jpg

Seriously?!?! That thing is awesome!

I think a couple of months after selling that, you will call your self all sorts of names. I had a M3, got rid of my last Corrado for one, once the initial thrill had sunk in, so did the regret

Right been thinking about this a lot the last few days and bearing in mind every single person I've mentioned it to has said I'd be insane to sell it and the fact I've regretted selling pretty much every car I've ever owned, it's got a stay of execution for the time being. I'm just going to push it into the garage for now and see if the enthusiasm returns.

Thanks for all the love you lot :)

IF I do come to sell - would you say £5k would be a fair price or a bit steep?

Haha, you know it makes sense Jamie!

As above, too cheap mate. I reckon that in 6 months time you could easily bang a grand on top of that and still get a reasonably quick sale.

Hopefully the love returns though, as I'm not sure some of the other options suggested would be a genuine step up in terms of pleasureable ownership after a very short while.