Tempest

GTI International 2014

GTI INTERNATIONAL 2014 - 5th and 6th JULY

Shakespeare County Raceway

Club stand for the Corrado Club has been booked :)

Earlybird offer - weekend of Friday 6/12 till Monday 9/12/2013 only

Gate Price

Day ticket £16

- reduced to £11.50

Weekend £32

- reduced to £22.50

Weekend with one night camping £38

- reduced to £25.00

Weekend with 2 nights camping £44

- reduced to £30.00

Book on-line from Friday 6th December 6pm to Monday 9th December 12 noon or by phone.

Go to http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk and click on the Earlybird offer logo

Tempest

I went this year on the Saturday (the first time for 10 years) and it was dead, a pale shadow of its former self, 20 years ago there were more cars parked outside the TRL at 8Am than inside at mid day this year. Sunday was said to be better.

I went on the Sunday this year & had a pretty good day, will probably sign up for next year

Think I might be going on the Sunday, assuming swiftkid can make it, to pick up some Corrado bits!

Seems like only 2 of us have registered for the club stand for sunday on CCGB (out of 50!)

Deadline for registration is on the 27th June, so would also like to know if the club stand is still happening?

Edited by n3p

Yes, as long as you ask for the CCGB stand when entering onto the grounds, the marshalls should be able to guide you in.

This is, however, subject to you buying the ticket on the Autometrix website, and then in the process selecting the Corraod Club from the menu that should appear.

Otherwise the organisers may not have allocated enough space to the club.

Tempest

Thanks for clarifying. Website states it's "pay on the day" only now so hopefully won't have any problems

Tempted to enter the Corrado class Show n Shine though for sh*ts and giggles :)

My previous plans for this Sunday have fallen through, so I'd love to come down to this, however I'll have to pay on the day.

Tempest - is this still possible or will I not be able to fit on the stand?

Just checked the club stand listing on the GTI Inters website, and the CCGB are listed, so, yes, turn up on the day, and ask for the Corrado Club stand.

Tempest

Aiming to get there before 9 so I'll be heading up the m25/m40 between 07:00 - 09:00 if anyone wanted to convoy. See you tomorrow :)

Haven't had time to really clean the car though :(

I'm leaving from London too, looking to get there for about 10am though. See you there :)

Enjoyed the show, some nice motors there! Eric - In case you didn't know, you won a trophy :) cant remember which class though. Congrats!

Nick

Think it'd be in the Scirocco class - as he was the only entrant! He was told by the show and shine folks he was allowed to vote for himself so I guess he won by default :)

Great weather had been forecast up till about 14:00 or so at the Shakespeare County Raceway, now for the 2nd year the new home for GTI International, so I woke up my Mk1 Rocco, met up with Jim in his gorgeous Daimler Mk2, and cruised to Stratford, where we were greeted and soon overtaken by all sorts of younger folk in their souped-up Goofs and Leons and whatever other new metal, that I personally have exactly 0 interest in ;)

Once we had sorted out the slightly misleading signposting at the entrance due to which I as well as a few more visitors ended up in the wrong queue, I parked up in the Show&Shine, where I was told that I was the only entrant in a Rocco. That remained the case till 11:00, when the voting slips had to be returned to the Show&Shine tent.

Apart from the odd Mk1 Golf and a few tasty Rados in the Show & Shine, the rest was all metal that just went in one eye, out the other :lol: Sorry!

Given that I was expecting to win something, and felt it was an unfair competition (with just the one entry in a class for Roccos), was one of the reasons why I made a premature graceful exit ;)

Jim and I then visited some of the traders, said hello to Martin on the HIC stand, I bagged some bargains from the Listers VW Leamington stand (where the former parts counter manager of the Lister VW Coventry branch recognised me, as he had now moved across to the Leamington branch), met up with the SciroccoRegister gang on their club stand, watched 5 minutes worthwhile of sprints on the track when I got bored, and then returned home. A nice day out, but was it worth the 16 Squid entry fee? Maybe thanks to the bargains from Listers, otherwise, erm, no, but that's only IMHO. I am too old, too much into older VWs, need more entertainment than just a dragstrip, and an older visitor group to match my age :lol:

Pics say a lot more :)

100_1588.jpg

100_1589.jpg

100_1590.jpg

100_1591.jpg

100_1592.jpg

100_1593.jpg

100_1594.jpg

100_1595.jpg

100_1596.jpg

100_1597.jpg

100_1598.jpg