vornwend

F1 Double Points Rule Change

The move to award double points for the final race from next year is ridiculous in my opinion. Undermines the sports credibility even further and just shows how much its sold out to the media. Surely they could have come up with something better than that - points for pole or fastest lap etc

Edited by vornwend

It's just crazy. I don't understand it at all, it seems to be more and more turning into an entertainment show not a sport/race.. It won't be long till there's points for best stunt, jumps on the straights and the drivers have to stop every 15 minutes for advert breaks.

They should bring back refuelling, and sort out these bubble gum tyres...

And maybe give Fettle a 10kg ballast every time he wins :-)

They always go on about how an F1 car generates enough downforce that it could drive upside down.

So how about adding a corkscrew to the tracks?

Or have the track cross over at certain points, scalextric-style :lol:

How about no stops at all so that the drivers have to manage their own tyres/race strategy

Widen the tracks so that there are more overtaking opportunities

Have only one driver per team so no team orders

Exclude any driver with a German sounding name

I say allow the drivers to choose a particular tyre compound at the end of FP3 and then qualify and race on that same compound. I can see the safety grounds on why refueling has been stopped but having 1 type of compound only will make it far more interesting to watch and will take a lot of the tyre management gumph out of the race itself.

They certainly need to do something, but this double points thing is insanity.

I guess I'll reserve judgement till I see what the aero and of course engine changes bring to the table for the new season!

It's too far gone now. Used to love the F1 but the races are so dull, and so predictable that I just don't bother.

The most money wins, simple. Why do you think redbull have been fighting hardest to stop the plans for a spending cap?!

I'm in agreement on the points for pole and fastest lap, can't see why they don't do that again.

what are people saying now? personally missed the noise but loved the racing, thought it was a good season