Jim

Speedo Binnacle Covers - Group Buy Feeler - P12 - Prototypes fitted, all OK!

Good man! Well you Sir, fingers crossed they are a good repro and fit better than the other lot. Not too bad a price that either, can't be more than a tenner posted. :thumbleft:

Good news! I'd probably take a set too Jim.

I'd try and factor in a free pair for you as you sorted us out with the 'master' items to be scanned :)

Good man! Well you Sir, fingers crossed they are a good repro and fit better than the other lot. Not too bad a price that either, can't be more than a tenner posted. :thumbleft:

This is why I'm enquiring about a prototype pair - I don't want to take £400 from members, for a substandard product.

We're up to 47 pairs 'spoken for'… only 3 more left!

I definitely want a pair please Jim, and if there's availability I'll take 2 pairs please. I did post on page 2, but I can't see my name on the list!!!

Where's the list Jim? Am i on it? Thank's alot for sorting this :thumbleft:

Page 1, first post - and yes, you are :)

Thank's Jim. In fact put me down for the last pair as well please Jim that fill's it up :thumbleft:

Edited by clumpy1

I think this is going to be a very, very drawn out affair so I hope folks are OK to wait. After an initial response from the company (which took quite a long time to come to me anyway) I replied near enough within 30 minutes. This was a week ago, and I've still had no reply.

It's quite frustrating in this day and age how companies can treat email based queries so lazily but.. there we go. So I hope folks are happy to wait. Updates will come whenever I get them. If it ends up dragging on too badly, I may investigate other avenues. Thanks.

Not read the whole thread, so no idea if this has been asked, but surely these can be done with a 3D printer?

Just need the originals to make a template.

*edit*

Ok, just read the very first post, which mentions 3D printing :lol:

There's quite a few professional printer shops which will do this

Edited by joebloggsVR69

Yes - 3D printing and 3D scanning is the intention. It's a pretty simple, small part but it's highly prized / in demand which is why I thought it would be an ideal starting point. And if it proves to be easy, is affordable and is quite successful, it might be the gateway to getting more obsolete parts reproduced as Volkswagen continues on it's steady path to erase the Corrado from it's parts catalogue :(

I'm curious. What's wrong with your original speedo binnacle cover? Can't imagine it's a wear and tear part .. !?

Yep, the little tabs tend to break off, well normally just one of them meaning the covers sit kind of offset/not quite right. Luckily got two good ones on mine but I'd be interested in some spares just in case!

Neil.

Quick update. Company came back to me about these and need additional pictures, measurements, then the originals sending in. Been a bit snowed under what with work, trying to get new Sprinter magazine done, and also in the process of buying my first house... this may go on the back burner a little while, or won't be my number one focus for a little while but will get it done!

Jim, if you want a hand with it mate I'm more than happy to offer my time.

Rog.

Hi Rog - to be honest it'd be extremely useful if someone could pick it up for me. I'm really struggling to find the time at the moment, provided diarmaid16 is ok with his binnacle covers being passed along? I could forward you details of what needs doing, as well as the contact information of the individual?