Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

OK guys, here is the deal.

There are only 7 left in stock and then that's it, no more wheels unless they start making them again. I have reserved all of them for now but he says he can't hold them forever.

They wont discount any more that the list price as aparently they were 455 euros up until recently when the price was slashed to clear warehouse space.

They will send them all to one address for free. Which basically means we save the 26 euro postage that we'd pay from the website, but it will still cost about £10 for me to send them out from my place to each of you.

Total saving is about £10 which is not great.

So if peoople want to save £10, then I'll need you guys to paypal me and then I'll order.

Or I can just tell them we're not bothered and if you want one, you can order from their website.

Sorry folks, I tried my best

Ron

I think the saving is worth having personally so I'm keen..

I can probably arrange to collect mine from you as well..

Is this just the wheel without the centre? I'm interested but I'd need the centre as well. Happy to do the group buy although I'm guessing there's people before me.

I'm afraid the centre isn't available, they dont have any at all :(

Peter says he will hold all of them for us until the end of the day tomorrow, so I need to make the order tomorrow afternoon.

I am going to set a deadline of 1pm tomorrow (Thursday the 16th) on orders. Please PM me for paypal details.

Final price is going to vary a little due to exchange rates etc but 180 euros is roughly £150 which is a bloody bargain, I'll probably get stung a fee on my card of some kind.

Postage is going to be about £10.

If this is agreeable, can people paypal me £150, then once I have paid I can see the actual cost on my card (inc bank fee) and follow up with the cost of postage plus any extra owed to me?

I suspect they are going to end up costing about £153-£155 tops + postage

Edited by Hofmiester

Ah bugger, now I'm torn. I've got no centre to swap over and knowing my luck I'll end up not being able to get one...... I'll have a think.

I so can't afford a new wheel for my car at the moment but this is such a good price and I'd be amazed if I couldn't get like £50 for my old wheel (minus the centre) which is still in reasonable shape. Thanks for sorting this out Ron - will fire some money over later tonight but I'm 100% in.

Cheers.

Who's paid up so far? What's the final score on pricing?

Duck it, I'm in. Sounds like a marvelous deal and my steering wheel is going manky as hell in the cold and damp this winter.

Please put the payment details up and I'll send the money straight over..!

Edited by dr_mat

So at the moment, looking at the exchange rate, they should work out at about £150 but you never get the true exchange rate as the bank will hit me with a fee for paying in euros and the bank rate doesn't match the true rate. So I am taking payments of £150 now via paypal (deadline is 1pm tomorrow) then I will order as they are holding 7 wheels for us.

Once I have paid, I'll know what my bank has really charged and then I will ask everyone to send a me a couple of quid more to cover that and any delivery fees (some folks want to collect from me) and delivery is going to be about £10

It is not a massive saving but buying from them direct would cost each of us about £180 delivered, where as the group buy works out at about £165 delivered.

Saving £10 to £15. I cant give an exact price as the exchange rate is fluctuating all the time and also there are bank fees.

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Hofmiester

UPDATE - OK so Paypal allows you to pay in a currency and it does the exchange for you, no fees. VW will accept a paypal payment.

It is showing that 180 euros is £155

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77042[/ATTACH]

So the cost is going to be £155 + postage

If you guys can paypal me 180 euros (you can select the currency) or £155 then there shouldn't be any mucking about later. Just extra payments for £10 for those who want it delivering.

PM me for paypal details......we only have 7 reserved and the deadline for orders is 1pm tomorrow

Buying direct via their website would be 180 euros plus 27 euros postage. 207 euros is £178.28 so we are saving 13.28 for those who want delivery and £23.28 for those collecting from me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77043[/ATTACH]

Edited by Hofmiester

With regret I'm not going to be able to take part in this.. I am sorry gents..

Im quite happy to have one collected though for anyone in the Glasgow area to save them a few quid so long as they can hang on a little while..