Tempest

Stanford Hall 2014

Stanford Hall once again did it: Great weather, great cars, great atmosphere, and got to catch up with some folk that I indeed only ever see at Stanford Hall.

Well done to the 2 winners of Class 14 Concourse.

Great line-up of Corrados on the CCGB club stand, too :)

My pics of the day:

100_1569.JPG

100_1570.JPG

100_1571.JPG

100_1572.JPG

100_1573.JPG

100_1574.JPG

100_1575.JPG

100_1576.JPG

100_1577.JPG

100_1578.JPG

100_1579.JPG

Brng on Stanford Hall 2015.

Tempest

Can someone please post a link to Chris Gaskell's old thread's please I would like to read up on his car.

I suppose it depend's how much you really want to do concourse Chris I know I personally couldn't do it not with my current car anyway.

I'm not sure that Chris ever posted a great deal about his car - he was pretty quiet / modest in that respect and despite taking it in for concourse events, I think really just owned the car(s) for his own pleasure. He was always happy to talk about his car if asked, but never really liked to advertise it - if that makes sense.

The car is a Storm in Classic Green and has, I think, 46k on the clock. It's (as far as I'm aware) completely original apart from Koni T/A's and I'd be amazed if it's ever been in any kind of prang or had paintwork done - it's as straight as an arrow as you might expect!

I'm not sure that Chris ever posted a great deal about his car - he was pretty quiet / modest in that respect and despite taking it in for concourse events, I think really just owned the car(s) for his own pleasure. He was always happy to talk about his car if asked, but never really liked to advertise it - if that makes sense.

The car is a Storm in Classic Green and has, I think, 46k on the clock. It's (as far as I'm aware) completely original apart from Koni T/A's and I'd be amazed if it's ever been in any kind of prang or had paintwork done - it's as straight as an arrow as you might expect!

Cheer's Jim I have been searching and finding nothing I didn't want to ask as I know how highly thought of the guy was and didn't want to upset anyone but was genuinely interested. I'll just have to catch up with his car at some show's.

Really great to meet up and also meet some of the CCGB gang that I'd not met before. Lovely turn out, weather was cracking.

I brought my kids and they got really excited so I was worried it might be a let down for them, but they had a great time and this morning my son wanted to go again :)

[ATTACH]78497[/ATTACH]

First time I'd seen your car on the RH's, Ron. You must be pleased as punch - I thought it looked awesome.

I was there with the Scirocco Owners Network again, had a very nice time - especially with my little helper!

Some pics of the Scirocco Owners Network stand...

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

Great day today, the weather turned out far better then expected, in fact my neck is stinging from the sunburn!

Great turn out of Corrados and good to catch up with everyone, such a chilled out day. Cheers to Matt (Redborbet) for keeping me company in the car and cleaning the grass off my Tyres!

Judith won the class, it never fails to impress me and is totally perfect!

Bruny got 2nd in the class - again WOW!!!

Not sure on Kip in the super class?

I came 5th and well done to Eric, you got your last place lol!

Who was the judge? Your car is magnificent its only blinkers or prejudice that would stop it cleaning up even in that company, not withstanding it is a concours event which rewards originality

Who was the judge? Your car is magnificent its only blinkers or prejudice that would stop it cleaning up even in that company, not withstanding it is a concours event which rewards originality

No blinkers or prejudice Gareth, Concours is ALL about Originality and any modifications whatsoever are considered a no no! It even says on Stanford Hall's Website that participants are strongly urged not to enter if they are modified but are always allowed.

The judge was one of the best on the field and has competed himself for over 20 years and has also owned a Concours winning Corrado to boot so knows exactly what he's looking at.

This is possibly the only show where Originality rules the roost

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Chris walks away with a class win somewhere though, a real credit to all his hard work recently.

Definitely taking the Nugget next year though :)

Sorry i didn't get to speak to many folk as was judging myself for nearly 4 hours lol!

Kip

Great day again this year and perfect weather for burning your neck.

Didn't take many shots, here's a few.

Me and PurpleTom fuelling up in the morning.

20140504_081440_zpsc0ef3279.jpg

KIP riding high at the back.

IMG_5867_zpsa3feadfc.jpg

Club Stand.

IMG_5858_zps5cf2425d.jpg

Busy Day!

IMG_5863_zpsa249bce4.jpg

Had a great day down at Stanford tried to meet a few people but not many on the stand when I passed ,but I'm sure I will get to meet a few guys at some point shame our stand was so far away .

Thanks Gareth but dont get me wrong, I am more then happy with a 5th place finish. I didn't enter the concours competatively, it was a concours show for standard cars and I knew when I pre-booked that I would get penalised for wheels, coilovers, steering wheel and stereo system. Dont know who the Judge was but he was a top bloke who definately knew what he was looking at, he gave me some great feedback on the car.

Looks like it was a good day and show had by all. Couldn't make this one, due to working. Will try my hardest to make it happen next year.

Do we have a venue date yet for next years show?

Date is normally first Sunday in May, but official announcement is usually made December/January time (as far as club stand booking forms are concerned).

Tempest

Thanks Gareth but dont get me wrong, I am more then happy with a 5th place finish. I didn't enter the concours competatively, it was a concours show for standard cars and I knew when I pre-booked that I would get penalised for wheels, coilovers, steering wheel and stereo system. Dont know who the Judge was but he was a top bloke who definately knew what he was looking at, he gave me some great feedback on the car.

Well my little lad said yesterday that your car was his favourite Chris & he had us print a picture to take to school today so he can tell his class what he did at the weekend!