annavr6

Corrado Carpet

now further along again but i need some help from a lovely rado owner

What i need to find next for them is someone willing to lend their car to newton commercial for a week in October, the week starting the 20th more than likely, In this week they wopuld take your interior out and fit up the new carpet sample they have made, check it fits and make any necessary tweaks to make it right,

They are happy to help with travel to get you to a station etc to get you home.

For doing this you would drive away with a brand new carpet fitted in your corrado.

If anyone can help that would be great, they are based in Suffolk,

If you can help please pm or e mail me [email protected] and i shall put you in touch with them to arrange

Damn wish i was closer hope you get it sorted

Thanks, had a couple of replies over on edition but all your corrado owners seem to be far away

Newtons have one in their local scrapyard but someone has cut the tunnel out

Mine would be perfect! I'm near the Suffolk border and the car's already had the carpet stripped out ready.

.....Unfortunately it's also missing seats. And a dash. And an engine. Oh, and the gearbox, wheels, front drive train.......

Hey all

I have a chap that is going to be takig his car to Newton so all going well mid November ish carpets should then be available for corrado !

I have a chap taking his car on the 18th of ths month to have the sample fitted into, all going well on this it wont be long before we start production, Depending on how many people are wanting these and due to the colour variations we will proabbly be offering them as a special order product to start with then looking to stock them here.

Will the quality of the carpet be the same as OE?

Just what I was thinking good Q Kip.

Just what I was thinking good Q Kip.

Thanks Clumpy, important point for Anna though, because lets face it no one's going to buy one that's worse quality!

Thanks Clumpy, important point for Anna though, because lets face it no one's going to buy one that's worse quality!

No worries Kip I've been a follower of your's for a while :salute: I have got a close to mint as it get's carpet to fit to mine and although it is an" R32 not original" I would like to have alot of other part's original including carpet bit of a mix with aftermarket I'm not a total oem guy unless it's a Mk1 golf. As well as Kip's Question do we have an Idea of cost?

I'm the one who's lending them my corrado so they can test fit the carpet. I've heard a lot of good things about newton commercial so I'm pretty confident it will be a good job but when it's done il post some pics and let you know what I think. Also If I'm happy with what I see and depending on the cost I may get them to install a black headlining at the same time.

From memory, I think it's under £200 for a mk2 carpet for a newton Commercials product. Even if the Corrado became circa £250, I'd still be interested.

I took my carpet to a laundrette and shoved it one of those massive drums - came out like new (and this is a beige carpet!) with no shrinking. Maybe a cheaper alternative for some?

Hi All

Im pretty confident its going to be a great quality carpet, ive got their boot carpet and turrets in my own mk2 golf and i cant fault them, their products are pretty damn good and also they are always up for developing their products,

Dan kindly said he will take some images and Newtons are going to send me some images also which i too will put up.

I am enjoying the making new products like this at the moment i feel like im actually helping people

I'd be very interested if the price is similar to the mk2 Golf ones! Thanks for the update Anna. :thumbleft: