andy b

vw heritage have now listed corrado parts

Don't see any VW bits on there at all .. just aftermarket. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place ... ?

Don't see any VW bits on there at all .. just aftermarket. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place ... ?

Same here, could source the bits i've just see from normal car shops, and for cheaper. I find VW just pull peoples pants down and visting the dealers less and less.

£395 for samco hoses on vwheritage, thats the most expensive i've seen them.... Thanks VW!

Same here, could source the bits i've just see from normal car shops, and for cheaper. I find VW just pull peoples pants down and visting the dealers less and less.

£395 for samco hoses on vwheritage, thats the most expensive i've seen them.... Thanks VW!

I thought this , not a great deal on there really .

Heritage are not VW run mate they are a private company all they do is get the bit's from classic parts which is VW and put their mark up on it which is why the prices are so silly. They are not interested in helping enthusiast's just interested in shafting you.

my point is that, we can all get them cheaper else where, don't think i've ever actually purchased from vw heritage , but there must be a big enough demand for parts for them to stock them, as pricey as they are they are regarded quite highly

hopefully prices come down soon, then we can order them even cheaper from the other sites :dance:

I'm normally quite cheeky with their website. I get the part number I need from heritage and then email vw classic for a price and save the markup! Got to love the EU for no tax duties from Germany!

Hi

This has been up a while and i am adding each day to it, standrad parts mainly, ive got alot set up that isnt up yet as its awaiting pictures before it can go on the site.

Some of the genuine parts are expensive but unfortuantly classic make the prices and not us. We dont put a huge mark up on classic parts, and obviously by ordering via us you pay no postage at all. The mirror for expample we list at £220.90 classic list at 252.20 euros which works out at £210.17 so thats not a huge mark up plus you will pay shipping from germany, i think people assume we put a large mark up on classic parts which isnt the case.

Also in regards to samco, we try and keep in line with other companies selling the same products, i price check some items most days, if you find something too expensive do let us know as we will also price match any other supplier out there.

As in the other thread im constantly searching for new bits for corrados from the parts that you guys have asked for in the thread

We are not VW and we are privtaely owned and are the UK partner from classic parts and do buy genuine parts from other sources also.

from teh research i did on here people wanted standrad genuine patrs, but some aftermarket for engines which is what im trying to achieve within the corrado section but as you all know genuine parts new are not the easiest to find

Clumpy 1 we are not out to shaft anyone as most of us here are enthuisists running several VWs like many of you, and dont want to pay the earth for parts

It never seizes to amaze me what preconceptions people have about people trying to run a business. All I'd ask those so-called critics: Are you prepared to work for free (in your daily job)? And if not, why not? Same goes for people trying to make a living running a company, only they get the customer abuse thrown in in addition.

Too many people in cushy 9-5 jobs with no real responsibility (customers, staff, products, taxes, laws and regulations to comply with, the list is endless) I reckon.

I have used VW Heritage on several occasions, because even though on the face of it they are more expensive than VW Classic Parts, once you've added postage costs to your order directly from Germany, VW Heritage most of the times are cheaper again.

Tempest

Have to agree Eric - felt some of the comments seemed harsh and unfair to me.

I never got anything other than positive vibes from what VW Heritage are trying to do here, and as you rightly point out they are a business - not a charity. As a community we're going to do ourselves no favours every time we try and get a company onboard to produce / resell VW Corrado parts, only to treat them this way.

We have to remember the Corrado is a comparatively niche car, and there are limited (and steadily decreasing) numbers on our roads - companies aren't exactly going to be jumping up and down to offer parts for the Corrado, and if they do, they're always going to be pricier than for other models produced in larger volumes. Honestly I think we should be thankful that Heritage are even interested in acting as agents for Classic Parts here in the UK, given that the VW dealer networks seem to have no interest.

Thanks Jim adn Tempest, You hit the nail on the head tehre,

And if anyone has price queries etc then feel free to pm me anytime or mail me direct at heritage, [email protected]

Ive only been working in product developemnt here now for 4 months, (i came from sales) so setting new parts up etc is new for me, but i can only do my best and work with the prices set from other people,

If I came across as rude I didn't mean to be . To be honest I've never looked at the VW heritage site before , believe it or not ! . I didn't pay much attention to the prices , it was more the lack of oem items . I suppose in my nievety I was was expecting more parts , but as Jim says with the decline in numbers , there also comes a decline in parts . I can also understand what Tempest is saying about people with no responsibility however being a self employed plasterer I do know daily battles and hassle that goes with running your own business . Not that I'm suggesting the 9-5 ers all have it easy either ! Lol

Rob

Obviously its hard for us here too as someone like me aims to set up the corrado bit to benefit you guys, whihc is why ive put my time into it, but i come up across battles of high prices on corrado parts and lack of alot of bits, I am bound by suppliers prices and margins but i do try and get them as cheap as poss,

Any classic bits you do find with a large mark up let me know as its shouldnt be huge, and we offer free postage on orders over £35 too.

Anything that is too expensive, like samco, autotech, magnacor etc let me knwo as we can usually price match and will price match.

any parts anyone comes across that need sourcing etc let me know too as i will aim to try and find a source.

I was surprised you still have a door mirror for sale,I thought they were n/a for many a year !

One question I do want to ask,have you managed to speed up your delivery time of Corrado panels ?

As when I ordered in 2011 it took 6 1/2 weeks ! I worked it out and it would have been quicker for me to walk to Germany and pick it up,

Hi

This has been up a while and i am adding each day to it, standrad parts mainly, ive got alot set up that isnt up yet as its awaiting pictures before it can go on the site.

Some of the genuine parts are expensive but unfortuantly classic make the prices and not us. We dont put a huge mark up on classic parts, and obviously by ordering via us you pay no postage at all. The mirror for expample we list at £220.90 classic list at 252.20 euros which works out at £210.17 so thats not a huge mark up plus you will pay shipping from germany, i think people assume we put a large mark up on classic parts which isnt the case.

Also in regards to samco, we try and keep in line with other companies selling the same products, i price check some items most days, if you find something too expensive do let us know as we will also price match any other supplier out there.

As in the other thread im constantly searching for new bits for corrados from the parts that you guys have asked for in the thread

We are not VW and we are privtaely owned and are the UK partner from classic parts and do buy genuine parts from other sources also.

from teh research i did on here people wanted standrad genuine patrs, but some aftermarket for engines which is what im trying to achieve within the corrado section but as you all know genuine parts new are not the easiest to find

Clumpy 1 we are not out to shaft anyone as most of us here are enthuisists running several VWs like many of you, and dont want to pay the earth for parts

I wasn't going to reply to this to be honest getting rather silly thread but seeing as I am being singled out because I said what I'm sure alot of other's were thinking but were too polite to say (sorry for being scottish and speaking my mind).I am one of maybe a handful who goes out my way to buy new or as new there are a hell of a lot of people on this forum who for whatever reason do not want to be paying to be frank some of the extortionate price's both Classic parts and Vw heritage list ( Tempest Jim :camp: ohh you guy's :lol: When you actually know anything about me then start the mud slinging :wave:

So Anna you say in one post the markup shouldn't be that big yet in a following post you say "if you find any parts with a big markup let us know" but of a contradiction there

My understanding of what was said, is that there shouldn't be a large mark-up - and if you spot one, to bring it to her attention, so she can investigate why? Presumably Anna is not singlehandedly responsible for pricing every single item, so mistakes and misprices are bound to slip through the net.

And honestly James, it's not mud slinging. It's just having a different viewpoint to yours. I did not feel the criticism levelled at Heritage was fair - simple as, and I expressed my point of view. As we're all entitled to. I did not single you out either - my response was a general response to all the folks making observations about the pricing. But honestly if you feel I'm wrong in what I said, then I'm happy to talk about it with you - just drop me a PM.

For whatever reason we continue to clash on here - personally I'd much rather prefer that our coexistence on the forum was more amicable than it is now.