davevw

Ben _wooduk

Right ,struck a deal with this guy for some wheels then get a email to say he's sorry but he's sold them to some guy down the road!!!!

Why do people post adverts if they have no intention of keeping to the deal,I would,nt do it and its not in keeping with our wonderful forum.

Probably didn't, imo he found out how much more he could ask for the wheels. They will be listed again with a higher price.

If that's the case he shouldn't be allowed to list the wheel's again. Totally understand you being ****ed off Dave some of the antic's on here are starting to really wind me up.The net result is going to be me listing stuff on ebay and folk's can pay ebay prices fed up with all the pming etc though i understand people pming after something has been agreed on the thread.

I agree, I've got some stuff in the classifieds and I've had plenty of pms over it wasting my time. I quite clearly say where it is and all people do is ask me where in the country I am! Only 1 person has had the decency to keep his questions in the thread!

Maybe he changed his mind when other people not involved in the sale posted on the thread suggesting they'd been sold too cheaply?

Maybe, but if he's has agreed to sell them at that price...

I agree, a deal is a deal but I guess it comes down to money and until cash has changed hands either party has the opportunity to change their mind as they see fit

I have replied to someone's wanted thread on the thread saying I had said part and he could have it for xx amount ended up getting sorted from another party who hadn't posted on the thread a little annoying.If the person who posted the wanted thread had asked me on the thread if I could do it a fiver cheaper I would say yeah or no but that only work's if the other person offering said part post's on the thread too. Some people just don't care and think they can do whatever they like. Time for a classified's Mod I think..

Classifieds continue to be a thorn in the side of the forum. We want to host them because it's a vital part of the forum, but it's been a source of friction ever since day one purely because we can't FORCE people to behave in a certain way when it comes to making a sale - be it on the payment side of things, posting things, etc.

Andi has been reviewing how the classifieds work and we will always try to improve things, and intervene when people try and ruin it for everyone else - and of course we'd always suggest using PayPal, shipping things recorded / special delivery - or at very worst just deal with forum members you know.

I think generally the classifieds on here work pretty well, and everyone looks out for each other.

Agreed Jim it is hard to police it you guy's give up enough of your free time already I certainly wouldn't like to see it ended as that would possibly mean alot more Corrado's falling by the wayside which I know alot on here would not want to see. We all do silly thing's at time's but the fact it has happened with quite a long standing member is maybe why the reaction to his actions have been in this vein. Like dave said rant over.

It's completely understandable to vent about this sort of stuff - we understand, and we've all been on the end of deals gone bad for whatever reason.

I can categorically state that classifieds are not going away, so don't worry about that.. but as I say, we'll always be looking for ways to improve and streamline them, and make the process easier for sellers and buyers! :)

Cheers.

I can categorically state that classifieds are not going away, so don't worry about that..

Thank god for that, not sure I could cope :lol:

I agree Jim, its never nice when someone has a deal go sour, but I think, in general, the folks on here handle themselves fairly well.

Ps Clumpy did you get my PM?

Dougie

It's completely understandable to vent about this sort of stuff - we understand, and we've all been on the end of deals gone bad for whatever reason.

I can categorically state that classifieds are not going away, so don't worry about that.. but as I say, we'll always be looking for ways to improve and streamline them, and make the process easier for sellers and buyers! :)

Cheers.

Nice one Jim .A little off topic , I was only a newbie when i paid money for something and it never arrived dispite my efforts to contact the seller .I should have kicked up more of a fuss. All i can say is every now and again he pops up on here and people praise him , for his car . That makes my temper turn in to that of a scallded rhino . To late now though . Rant over .

I would never dare rip anyone ff i dont know how people have the guts , iv always believed that if a deal is done then its done and one person oays the other delivers , iv never been robbed but i do always try to make sure that i buy if a trusted seller , or regular user , id be more wary of a new forum member but you still have to take chances or no one would ever become trusted buyers or sellers

Rob i dont think i would hold out to be honest id of put a thread up asking why my paid for items had never turned up , name and shame and if people dont like it then they must learn to be a more decent honest person

I concur. I don't believe people can continue to be part of what is quite a close knit community if they're dishonest. Name and shame Rob, like you said they had their opportunity when you tried contacting them numerous times. Bad seller thread should only be used in rare instances when all other avenues have been exhausted, but if it's justified then everyone should be made aware.

I did put it in the bad seller thread , I'm sure ? . Will have to check . It was back in 2009 -10 .I did complain at the time , but should have kept on about it . Thinking about it , yes I do remember asking how long to wait before putting in a complaint .

Rob

i had this happen to me not once but twice. A total of around £300. The mods were very helpful but ultimately all that could be done was to ban the offending members. I'm sure there is a legitimate explanation here though - certainly hope so! Perhaps if Ben himself could clarify?

Classifieds continue to be a thorn in the side of the forum. We want to host them because it's a vital part of the forum, but it's been a source of friction ever since day one purely because we can't FORCE people to behave in a certain way when it comes to making a sale - be it on the payment side of things, posting things, etc.

Andi has been reviewing how the classifieds work and we will always try to improve things, and intervene when people try and ruin it for everyone else - and of course we'd always suggest using PayPal, shipping things recorded / special delivery - or at very worst just deal with forum members you know.

I think generally the classifieds on here work pretty well, and everyone looks out for each other.

As Jim mentioned, I am working on a new Classifieds section. The biggest difference is that is will include an ESCROW service if items are purchased through Paypal.

It'll also be more pictorial, and allow easier editing than the 'hacked' system we have at the moment.

Watch this space!

Will hopefully make everyone's lives a lot easier.

i had this happen to me not once but twice. A total of around £300. The mods were very helpful but ultimately all that could be done was to ban the offending members. I'm sure there is a legitimate explanation here though - certainly hope so! Perhaps if Ben himself could clarify?

Like I said Fla , I should have pushed for a ban , but when your very new to something , it feels like a close knit sort of thing , daft I know , but you feel like your stirring up trouble when you've only been on for 5 minutes .

Rob

Indeed - that can be very awkward / difficult, but I think you would have been within your rights to kick up more of a stink in terms of action against the other forum member. I certainly don't remember the incident, nor the forum member involved if I'm honest.

Having had a couple of issues myself, the Good/Bad sellers threads don't help a great deal unless you want to trawl through the whole thread (and potentially miss something as you skim through). Is there a way to search specific threads, or arrange the results in posts rather than threads?