Tempest

NEC Classic Car Show 2014

Looking at the details there are already a few registered, but theres nothing on the CCGB events calender or list Jim. Is it closed now?

We've not yet been told the number of spaces for the stand so we haven't opened up the event for registration yet. As soon as Eric knows the situation with how many cars we can have, he'll open up registration :)

Processed my set of pics from a once again truly excellent weekend. Thanks to all for sticking car on stand and/or coming to visit us on the stand. Slightly knackered after a full 2 days walking around the show and standing around on our stand chatting, and I have filled in the form for a stand for next year already

Pics:

ccs14-1.jpg

ccs14-2.jpg

ccs14-3.jpg

ccs14-4.jpg

ccs14-5.jpg

ccs14-6.jpg

ccs14-7.jpg

ccs14-8.jpg

ccs14-9.jpg

ccs14-10.jpg

ccs14-11.jpg

ccs14-12.jpg

Tempest

Edited by Tempest

Some cool looking photo's there Eric.

All the Committee - even Yan putting in a appearance !!! :-)

It was good to join you all for dinner last night.

A good call as usual.

I even paid up my membership !!!

Might take a look at the Restoration Show, not been to that one before.

As above Ian - good talking with you, and great Club stand - well done to you andl the others - (Sorry to others did not have time to introduce myself!).

The show was all round great with plenty to see, and seemed to be much busier (and larger) than last year. Some great cars.

btw ...the car in the car park may have been mine ;)

Thanks for the kind words from yourself and Adrian, it was nice to meet you both and everybody else who popped by the stand - The general reaction was very positive to the cars plus the position was good with both MK1 Golfs behind us and Scirocco's to the side!

Ian.

I was on the MK1 Golf stand yesterday, I liked your line-up of C's ;) I did get chatting to a few of you later in the afternoon but never formally introduced myself - too busy talking about the cars I guess! lol

Anyway, it was nice to meet those of you that I did! :cool:

Wonder if that's the one that sold for £140,000 recently.

Where was that Jim at auction coys?

Last one I seen for sale was 70k and it was in Cyprus

Some more pictures for your delight. Beetle was a corker!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80156[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80158[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80161[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80163[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80166[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80167[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80173[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80174[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80175[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80176[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80178[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80179[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80184[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80185[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80186[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80187[/ATTACH]

The McLaren P1 was even nicer in the flesh than I'd even imagined it would be. Would definitely be my choice out of all three of the hybrid hyper cars!

Current issue of VW Driver magazine has a nice write-up with pictures of the NEC Classic Car Show, well worth reading :)

Tempest