Tempest

NEC Classic Car Show 2014

The season end show, not to miss!

Last year in excess of 60.000 people walked through the gates at the NEC, to look at our cars.

Visit the official Classic Car Show website for things like hotels (in case you are travelling from further afield), but may I suggest the possibilty of staying in nearby Coventry (much cheaper hotel costs), and taking the excellent 10-minute train connection straight to the NEC/B'ham airport train station. Ibis hotel in Coventry Centre, eg., 10 minute walk from Coventry train station usually a lot cheaper than any of the on-site hotels.

Day visitors: Use the discount code that will be advertised on the CCGB forum and in the next Sprinter, then hand in the ticket stubs to Eric on the CCGB stand, so that the CCGB can get a small bonus per ticket handed in to the organisers.

So, clubstand has been arranged and accepted by the organisers for 4 cars :thumbleft:

We're on stand 8-120 this year, that's hall 8, stand 120.

Tempest

I'm going for the first time next Sunday. Are there any top tips in regards to walking through the various halls or shall I just go with the flow. 60,000 people over 3 days sounds like a lot - is there room to move?

I'm going for the first time next Sunday. Are there any top tips in regards to walking through the various halls or shall I just go with the flow. 60,000 people over 3 days sounds like a lot - is there room to move?

It does get extremely busy - so it does require a degree of patience. But it's worth it. There's so, so much to see :)

It does get extremely busy - so it does require a degree of patience. But it's worth it. There's so, so much to see :)

Planning a visit too... Who's rado will I have a delight in seeing..

Mine is on the stand but - as usual, only because we didn't get loads of people applying to put their car on the stand (I guess because of the time of year, and the commitment for it to be there for four days!). I absolutely don't consider mine a show car by any stretch of the imagination with lots of stone chips, and scratches :( But... it was more important we fill the stand than have it half empty.

Be sure to come and say hello though. I will try my best to be on or near the stand for the majority of the weekend.

Mine is on the stand but - as usual, only because we didn't get loads of people applying to put their car on the stand (I guess because of the time of year, and the commitment for it to be there for four days!). I absolutely don't consider mine a show car by any stretch of the imagination with lots of stone chips, and scratches :( But... it was more important we fill the stand than have it half empty.

Be sure to come and say hello though. I will try my best to be on or near the stand for the majority of the weekend.

one of these days mine will venture out of the garage :) intend to have a nosey round on Saturday with the old man, will say ello if your about.

Well this is what we'd really like - to get these folks with these low mileage, minty cars to blow the cobwebs out and bring them to shows like these.

I think I may talk with the other committee members about making an effort to INVITE certain individuals / cars to the show next year, just to get some really high calibre cars in the stand :)

It's worth mentioning that you get a pair of tickets for the entire weekend, free of charge, in return for showing your car. And if you want to stay around and chat about your car to folks all weekend, then you can.. and if you don't like that and would rather go walk around and see the show, then there will always committee folks on the stand to watch it and answer questions on your behalf.

I guess the problem is the time of year... November isn't great most people have pulled their cars of the road / Sorn and garaged for winter.

Mine will be there too!

Ian.

Thanks for showing me your car this morning Ian, (Sat about 10am). I'm Adrian with the Aqua blue VR that's done 40K that I don't use :)

nice to see the corrado club at the show, and even a corrado in the car park.

I'm there tomorrow, helping man the MK1 Golf Owners Club stand which backs on to the Corrado one so guess will see some of you tomorrow ;)

Well in true C ownership driving to the NEC today had a failure in the engine bay fan belt poss / pas pump... Still smiling. Anyway taking my daily tomorrow 2nd time lucky looking forward to it. [ATTACH]80143[/ATTACH]

Went up with a couple of work mates on Friday, very impressed with the whole show but must say the boys on the Corrado stand have done us proud, car looked awesome and the stand was well presented.

Good work fellas.

Rog.

I took mine up today probably one of its last drive outs this year :( was looking at the mk1 golf campaign there proper mint and nice owner:)

Big thumbs to the guys on the stand.

Thanks for showing me your car this morning Ian, (Sat about 10am). I'm Adrian with the Aqua blue VR that's done 40K that I don't use :)

nice to see the corrado club at the show, and even a corrado in the car park.

As above Ian - good talking with you, and great Club stand - well done to you andl the others - (Sorry to others did not have time to introduce myself!).

The show was all round great with plenty to see, and seemed to be much busier (and larger) than last year. Some great cars.

btw ...the car in the car park may have been mine ;)

Have had a super weekend so far. Caught up with so many folks off the forum / club, and really enjoyed it hugely. All been out as a big group this evening for a big meal and some beers, and just about to hit the hay ready for the last day tomorrow. Just amazing how quickly the time goes by though :( Soon back to the daily grind.

Wow! That was a big show. Corrado stand looked good and it was good to see the cars adjacent to Scirrocos and Golfs. I liked the display of last series Wheeler Dealers cars in particular. Got a chuftie as I left the car park too!

Hope you got some pics Jim? :cool:

Afraid not. My camera is terrible with the lighting in the NEC so I never even bother to take it! Hopefully someone else with a decent camera got a few pictures!

Afraid not. My camera is terrible with the lighting in the NEC so I never even bother to take it! Hopefully someone else with a decent camera got a few pictures!

I took a few, but they were pretty rubbish due to the amount of people there on Saturday.

Any idea on the amount of people through the door this weekend.

Great club stand jim. Well done for all your effort.

I took a few, but they were pretty rubbish due to the amount of people there on Saturday.

Any idea on the amount of people through the door this weekend.

Great club stand jim. Well done for all your effort.

Thanks mate! Very pleased to say it was a full committee effort as we had EVERYONE from the CCGB committee together at a show for the first time since I don't know when. Alas the organisers don't tell us that kind of statistic so no real idea on numbers but it certainly seemed as busy as I've ever seen it. Anyone who's been will know that the aisles are literally full of people and it's like that on both Saturday and Sunday from 11am till 4pm at least.

Such an amazing, huge show. We've of course applied for a club stand for next year, and the CCGB will have a stand at the Restoration Show at the NEC at the end of March so hope to see some of you there for that :)

Ooh, restoration show, I was hoping to get to a few shows early next year. I'll look at the details of it all now. :thumbleft:

It's kinda like the Classic Car Show but a bit smaller, and the clubs are actually granted permission to do work on their cars on the stand. Guys opposite us were welding and all sorts of stuff last year!