Mk3highline

Decisions engine or phone lol

Rather impressed with the apple watch which is not out till next year

really if you have to charge it every few days.... it defeats the object of a watch.... battery life in my current watch is 18 months :)

really if you have to charge it every few days.... it defeats the object of a watch.... battery life in my current watch is 18 months :)

If it doesn't have a winder I'm out.

I don't like my iphone 5 at all....... First and last apple product

Have to say I've been waiting with baited breath for the iPhone 6 but I'm completely underwhelmed and Apple's pricing is bordering on madness. The 16gb one is useless and there's no way I'm paying the same price as an iMac air for a bloody phone!

My iPhone 5 will be up for sale soon and I'll be looking at going back to android or trying a windows phone, either way I'll be buying sim-free and going with giff-gaff again.

I don't get all this phone stuff, especially the Apple bit where they basically tie you into their system for an extortionate amount of money. I bought a sim free Huawei a few years ago which seems to do all the things friends super expensive phones do. Be sensible and get the V6 4mo. But you really don't need me to tell you that.

After years of trying to keep up and have the latest phones on contract I've finally managed to get out of that habit. I've had a Nexus 4 now for well over a year (and it was already 'out of date' when I bought it, for little over £100) and it does everything still really well and flies. Only issue is with 8GB storage, it's a bit of a battle keeping some space free! I keep thinking about an upgrade but then I look at the cost of the handsets and think 'jesus!!' and forget about it again for a few months! :)

Have to say I've been waiting with baited breath for the iPhone 6 but I'm completely underwhelmed and Apple's pricing is bordering on madness. The 16gb one is useless and there's no way I'm paying the same price as an iMac air for a bloody phone!

How much are the new phones then chap? I'm guessing the 5.5" one is going to be mega money?

Like you, when I saw the iPhone 6 m immediate thought was "Is that it?"

I really like my 5S and won't be going to a 6 until it dies, or more likely, Apple will put stuff in IOS8+ that deliberately slows down older devices, making them unusable.

As for the original question, engine vs phone. Do we even need to ask that??!? Engine, obviously!

Cheap ass unreliable technology that nobody needs that'll go out of date quicker than a jar of hellmans or a v6 4mo to strip, tinker and generally get right in about. I Know which one I'd choose.

I've given up on all the new phone stuff, stick with stuff a few years older that I own outright, that doesnt cost a fortune.

Much like my approach to cars!

I tend to survive on Android hand me downs :smug:

I'd go with the engine. As many have said Apple are a joke, my 3GS ground to a halt with all the updates that make it unusable.

How much are the new phones then chap? I'm guessing the 5.5" one is going to be mega money?

Like you, when I saw the iPhone 6 m immediate thought was "Is that it?"

I really like my 5S and won't be going to a 6 until it dies, or more likely, Apple will put stuff in IOS8+ that deliberately slows down older devices, making them unusable.

As for the original question, engine vs phone. Do we even need to ask that??!? Engine, obviously!

The cheapest 5.5" is £620! If you want a 128gb one it'll be £790 thanks... :lol:

My 5 is really flaky since the last update, I imagine iOS8 will kill it completely much like iOS7 did with the 4

Engine! Engine! Engine!

I was hoping that the 6 would of been roughly same size as the iphone5 which I have had 2years now

I got her the note3 and it's bit on the big side specially making phone calls

But if they bring out another iphone with sapphire glass I defo would get as this is my 3rd iphone 5 lol

The cheapest 5.5" is £620! If you want a 128gb one it'll be £790 thanks... :lol:

My 5 is really flaky since the last update, I imagine iOS8 will kill it completely much like iOS7 did with the 4

Engine! Engine! Engine!

£800 for a phone!!

Stupid thing is, loads of fanboys will be queuing up at Apple stores to pay that :roll:

Surely they pay people to stand there to get others biting, surely that can't happen on its own. They need to prioritise and get their lives in order. Can they not pre-order it online using their iphone 5?

£800 for a phone? What the actual shuddering eff! I love a bit of tech but the amount of high end products I would prefer to spend that kind of money on instead.

Think if I upgrade from gs3 I'd go for the galaxy alpha. However I'm half tempted to just save my cash and not enter another contract and buy something like a nexus 5 2nd hand.

iPhones are very lovely however defies the point having to wrap it all up in a plastic case etc as it's so scratch prone.

I've just gone sim only. Had a Galaxy S3 that I'm happy with that was costing me about £38 per month for 1GB, 1000 mins and unlimited texts, threatened to leave and now have 4GB, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for under £18. Yeah same old phone but the new phones are huge and I don't feel precious about an old one like maybe I would on a nice shiny version. Quite liberating to be honest!