ChrisL

Slimline fan brackets - SOLD

Slimline fan brackets

I have 2 sets of slimline fan brackets for sale. These are for the SPAL 9" and 11" fans as detailed in the thread in the wanted section.

Brackets are made from 3mm 316L stainless steel and come with a set of fasteners for the brackets to radiator and fans to brackets.

These fit the standard VR6 radiator.

List Date: 9/11/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Slimline fan brackets

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

e99fd098-df3e-40b3-9c1b-83bcb5b73ee82.JPG

Mobile friendly version: Slimline fan brackets

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

If you aren't in a rush i can collect it for you next weekend to eliminate the need for postage..

That's very good of you Micheal that suit's me fine. Chris I'll send the payment over now cheer's guy's

Hi James, money recieved thanks, I'll get them packaged up and pass to Michael.

Pm'd Jeff.

Will update this if / when i get some more manufactured.

I got mine from Micheal very impressed with them mate anyone else interested in buying them they are excellent quality. I'm actually thinking of getting them powdercoated at work to match with other part's I've already had done. Thank's Chris :thumbleft:

I got mine from Micheal very impressed with them mate anyone else interested in buying them they are excellent quality. I'm actually thinking of getting them powdercoated at work to match with other part's I've already had done. Thank's Chris :thumbleft:

Glad your happy with them James.

what are those two small collars used for?

Where one of the brackets fits over the 2 plastic lugs on the radiator, the 2 collars clamp the bracket when you fix the air guide.

Quick question regarding the fans, am i right in thinking they need a 11" and a 6.5" Spal fan?

Do they need to be a pull air fans rather than push?

Just realised i might have different brackets to the ones you have had made. I better have a measure up. Think mine are the DG ones, bought them from crazydave.

I was just thinking that Jim, the air guide fits to the front but I will be fitting them to the rear. I was just going to fit some big washers, these ones are to suit 9" and 11" fans

Not sure i have this airguide, never seen it on mine, is it the two parts that sit each side of the rad?

Will meausure up what i have tonight.

As far as I remember the air guides fit to the back of the radiator (engine side) where the old fan shroud fits to the radiator, this is where the spacers fit.

Is there anywhere i can find the data on fan mounting points? Just because i can't work out which brackets i have. Tried googling it but no luck so far.

Also, what difference does the fan blade shape make? Curved or straight. I think i have an 11" and a 9" brackets, i've assumed suction type is correct.

Edited by Jim Bowen

To anyone who has fitted theirs yet; is it possible to get the existing fans out without taking the front of the car apart?

Not really. It can be done but it's just so much more difficult to do. With the slam panel removed you can get to the heads of the bolts you are fitting to hold these nice new brackets. It's pretty difficult with everything in situ and the bottom bolts are almost impossible!