maff

Are there any late 1994 storms?

I'm going to look at a green 'so called' storm at the weekend but its missing its badges and has speedlines fitted. It's registration date is 10/12/1994. Anybody have or know if any storms were 1994's?

I've tried vw but didn't have a lot of luck, but will check the paint code, anything else? it has its beige heated leather and the badge on the gear around is missing also the guy doesn't sound very clued up so it could be a find:-)

I ve read that genuine storms will have the chassis number of SK002 or SK003 within the chasiss number itself

Going off paint code alone wont work as the same green was used on non storm models

I ve read that genuine storms will have the chassis number of SK002 or SK003 within the chasiss number itself

Going off paint code alone wont work as the same green was used on non storm models

Mine is SK002

Registered 19 / 05 / 1995

Edited by Dox

I think Sean's green storm is a 94 so guess it's possible, however I find it strange that someone in the cars life has tried to make a genuine storm look like a non storm.

Rog.

Sean's storm is potentially not a storm and likely a normal car with badges but he is having difficulty getting VW to confirm as their records aren't all the accurate that far back.

Indeed. Mine was registered in Feb 95 but registered to the supplying dealership for the first 3 years. Instinct tells me it's not a Storm, and was one of their display vehicles originally to promote the release of the Storm, before becoming one of their fleet cars. (It amassed 70k during this period). My VIN is sk0015 but I'd heard previously that they weren't sequential so any of the model types could have the next number.

What we need is someone with an 8 or 16 valve registered around the same time to check their VIN. If any have 002 or 003 then we'd have a better idea if it was true or not.

Well I've got the vin no if it helps Wvwzzz50zsk001161

My 8v has a VIN less than 10 away from that, the body was built on 27/10/94 and it was registered in the UK 05/01/95.

Probably a typo. (well, a hand written one!). My delivery inspection is 31/1/95, with a delivery date of 1/2/95. It's matters nor a great deal to me anyway tbh. I'd like it to be a Storm but I'm not desperate for it to be. They're not a great deal more desirable or worth more in value, so I'm happy with my lot regardless.

i checked my blackberry VR at break today, N reg 95, & it has an SK002434 VIN number

not sure if that helps the storm ID'ing but thought id contribute

i can check the gf's storm once i get home too & post that

Come on guys, I've seen CSI, all you need to do is sit in front of a bank of simulated computer screens and type randomly and wildly on a small keyboard that's not connected to anything and within moments the screen will pop up a list of VIN numbers for green storms registered in 1994..

I hope I get some cheese for Christmas, I've got a smashing bottle of port ready to go.

ha ha ha brilliant chris - made me chuckle

Any port in a Storm?

Anyway, I've always thought it was disappointing that they didn't number the Storms. It wouldn't have been hard.