Harrier

Diamond Black Vr6

9aee522cd53d741917636ed73d0a0b6d.jpg

501463dccdebe61a83bb61292a764b25.jpg

Interested in any recommendations of what to do with the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the win! Car looks superb.

You could try gliptone on the bolsters, they colour match the leather and it just colours in the marks. Seen really good results with it.

Well done Darren. Apologies I didn't get to see/speak to you but judging from a few different posts I missed a few people.

Car looked fantastic, and up against very stiff competition in Kip. Hopefully get the chance to so you soon at another show.

Yeah I'd echo what Chris has said on the bolsters Daren. A bit of leather filler may be needed though which will take away the texture. As for engine bay, hard to see what's wrong! New reservoirs maybe?

Just turned to May on CCGB calender too, is that you!?

Thanks Sean, do gliptone sell the filler also ?

I don't have this years calendar so I don't know, I didn't send any pics for this years though ? !

I used the furniture clinic kit. They do a repair kit too.

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Repair_Kit

Some good tutorials on their website too. I'm not sure if I applied the colouring kit incorrectly, but its a bit tacky if I'm honest.

It looks great and cleans up perfectly well, but your clothing fabric will stick a little when on long/sweaty journeys!

The Gliptone kit may be better though.

You're car really looks stunning. I imagine the judge has picked up on the reservoirs and the stickers over the fan.

Good luck for the rest of the year

Thanks odub, yes the stickers are on the want list, one is missing.

Thanks Sean, nice pic. Wheels look good too !!

Looking good harrier... your strut caps are nicer than mine can't remember what mine are off, but mine look like plastic cereal bowls, :)

I reckon you were scored down on wrong colour screen wash... I always use the blue stuff, hate the yellow stuff unless it's a nugget rado :)

Well done chap it looks stunning.

Looking good harrier... your strut caps are nicer than mine can't remember what mine are off, but mine look like plastic cereal bowls, :)

I reckon you were scored down on wrong colour screen wash... I always use the blue stuff, hate the yellow stuff unless it's a nugget rado :)

Well done chap it looks stunning.

My strut caps are actually from a Mk4 golf delfinis !

Thanks for the compliment

Well after a long winter locked away I decided to pull the Corrado out of the garage this week and address some little issues that needed sorting

Picked up some new stickers from eBay and put them on

a9ef746a9b5af382e7765fa8693637e9.jpg

That was easy :)

Also the brake discs were developing a bit of surface corrosion around the outer edges and centres so stripped them off , cleared off the corrosion and painted them in silver

Pleased with the results

Look much better

4ac9b2522b9b5a8bb29be4b42614f392.jpg7bf5768875b98742c3d244fb216275f1.jpg

Also gave the suspension and underside a general going over and clean up

Going to have a go at sprucing up the leather too

Bought some gliptone products

Hoping for some good results with it but will see :)

Not content with runner up, on to the next level! Looks superb Daren. Best of luck for this year's shows. :thumbleft:

As always the work looks great Daren , hopefully I may see you at a few shows this year

Stunning Daren. Those brakes look brand new. Good luck at Stanford.

Be good to have a catch up if sometime and also have a look over the corrado

Stunning Daren. Those brakes look brand new. Good luck at Stanford.

Be good to have a catch up if sometime and also have a look over the corrado

Thanks Chris, would indeed be good :)

Bit more tinkering with the car recently, have been treating the leather with a few applications of Gliptone and pretty happy with the results , a definite improvement

Some fresh coats of wax and general cleaning for up coming outings :)

862d3ef7ffda77c72b242f10ea53722a.jpg

83f9a301aa58a9509ab428548ee00898.jpg

A couple of outings in the Corrado this year so far, Stanford Hall back in early May and last weekend Deutchfest at Brands Hatch where a few of us got to enjoy a couple of parade laps around the circuit courtesy of Vw Heritage 8)

A good day out and Jez & I won a little award in the Show & Shine. Very nice :)

83_A66407-1520-412_E-8646-3_E8_D584_FDF9_D.jpg

A95_EB888-_E10_D-4_A07-_B0_C9-4814_BAD59_ADF.jpg

Also picked up a new stablemate for the Corrado 8)

2833568_B-265_E-45_F1-9399-0_B66_C3_FFEDA7.jpg

93_CBA556-_A00_C-47_FC-8464-_F997280_EE78_A.jpg

Some of you may remember my last M car, the e46 which I regretfully sold my last Vr6 to buy and then subsequently didn't enjoy the Bmw, sold it soon after and found myself the current Corrado.

That was 4 years ago and in that time I hankered after another M3 but didn't want to sell the Corrado but after much grovelling to the wife she allowed me to get this E92.

My main dis-like of the E46 was actually the manual gearbox, found the clutch heavy & the box clunky.

No such problem with this E92 though as it has the DCT box which is excellent :)

Owned the car for a month now and loving it, a superb machine 8)

66_AAEA84-9787-4_FC7-_AB17-2_C8_ACFB9_CEB2.jpg

Edited by Harrier

That looks a proper beast Daren. Great that you could keep the Corrado this time.

It is a properly awesome thing thanks Chris

Noise, performance and handling + 4 seats which is great with the family

They don’t photograph particularly well, look much more interesting in the flesh

Very lucky to keep the Corrado too

That will always be the keeper 8)

What a sensational duo to have parked on your drive. Your VR is looking spot-on. Regards the M3, such a lovely colour. Also, there is a chap on YouTube with a really good E92 M3 focused channel. It's called Road&Race if you aren't already aware. I know about it as his last car was a Boxster 986.

Well almost a year since the last update but the C was taxed yesterday for this weekend and the CCGB national day at Donnington 8)

The end of last year was busy with a house move so car stuff was put aside, hopefully will make up for it this year with lots of things planned.

As far as the Corrado goes I picked up some new roof trims last year from Vw Heritage to replace the Karmanski ones

They were fine but decided it would be nice to have the genuine trims while they were available.

Today carried out an oil and filter change and check over for the forthcoming long drive.

The car feels pretty good though it seems to have more rattles and creaks from the interior than it used to !

As mentioned we moved house and with that came a double garage which I love :)

Still enjoying the M3 too which has had more use than the Corrado but glad to say the Corrado still feels special.

The cars in their new home :)

50BD4D16-6B78-496F-A8C7-8C7BF2650FFD.jpg

Edited by Harrier