Hairyarse

Corrado OEM style under bonnet soundproofing kit Group Buy

Ok so following on from this thread- http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90178 - I have decided to take-on the group buy of these kits.

To be clear I am not making any money from this, I'm just wanting to benefit myself from the lower price and hope others can too. All I ask for is that my P&P costs are covered fully for shipping the kit to you from my unit in Stamford, PE9.(Or you are welcome to collect.)

The kit price for a single kit from the German seller off ebay is €80 shipped to the UK, he is kindly offering us;

1 kit early style for €55

1 kit late style for €60

These prices are based on a minimum of 10 off units in a group-buy. Exchange rate will be confirmed at time of payment - but currently it's about 1.39, less whatever the paypal give.

I am having one kit so we need to find 9 other buyers at least. We can have any combination of early and late style and in this link you can check the difference in case you're not sure - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90178&page=3&p=1063002&viewfull=1#post1063002

Once I have single box dimensions and weights off the seller I'll get a courier quote but I'm guessing that this will be no more than a tenner.

So I'm not lumbered with a load of kits, once MOQ is achieved, I'll give a time for closing the group buy at which point I'd need payment for the kit from everyone. We can sort P&P payment at the time of shipping.

Finally, you can see how good the kit is here on Design380's thread, I'm sure he wont mind the share - and fit is supposed to be spot-on too - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90080&page=3

Hopefully all the above is clear, I'll start a list off on the next post so add yourselves to it if you want to buy a kit, including which style you'd like.

Many thanks

Andy

1. Hairyarse - Late style

2. Louis - late style

I've been searching on & off for these for ages, awesome find.

2. Louis - late style

3. Seanl82 - late style

Thanks for taking this on Andy! :thumbleft:

sorry for the gate crash of thread... this may help generate a few more people to the list....

I fitted mine Friday. bit fiddly to fit its very sticky once down no chance of lifting it up again....

I made some 3 mm spacers up to help me fit it square. old stuff was taken off with white spirit in a squirty gardening bottle with a credit card.

IMG_0622_zps6f2vtcac.jpg

Edited by delfinis38

A tip that might help you guys remove the adhesive residue left behind, after foam has been stripped off, is to use tar and glue remover which can be bought very cheaply from motor factors auto valeting suppliers. This will soften the glue but cause no harm to the paint. At the workshop we find the steam cleaner removes the glue to the most part, the remainder being seen off with tar and glue remover. We find this is cheaper to buy in 5 litre tins than it is to buy from motor accessory outlets like Halfords in smaller quantities. The foam kit looks fab and completely OEM by the way.

Thanks for the piccy, that's nice!!

I had planned to offer tar and glue remover. I have Raceglaze Polish next door to me so I thought I'd ask him for a deal on a bulk buy!

2. Louis - late style

3. Seanl82 - late style

4. Davevw - late style

Edited by davevw

FYI I've checked on MyHermes and it looks like delivery (I based on Manchester for reference)would be £4.98 signed for including £50 insurance cover which should be plenty.

One set for me please I have added Goldies' bid too :)

2. Louis - late style

3. Seanl82 - late style

4. Davevw - late style

5. VR6 South -late

6. Goldie - x2 late style

I can vouch for MyHermes having used them a lot recently to post parts off my old Mk3 GTi that I dismantled. They seem to be the cheapest for regular-sized parcels, not the quickest ever but they normally deliver within 5 working days.

I'll take a late set please :)

2. Louis - late style

3. Seanl82 - late style

4. Davevw - late style

5. VR6 South -late

7. easypops - late style

Nice one!

Could I get 2x late style please.

2. Louis - late style

3. Seanl82 - late style

4. Davevw - late style

5. VR6 South -late

7. easypops - late style

8. science - x2 late style

So we're up to 10!

What I plan to do is run the group buy until the end of this weekend, 15th March. I'll then PM all of you with details to paypal the payment to me for the kit only (Courier to be finalised) with payment to be made by Friday 20th March latest. Anyone not paying by then will be removed from the buy. I'll update with a leadtime for arrival too.

In the meantime, if any of you are interested in a bottle of glue & tar remover, please let me know and I'll see if I can get a good deal on that too ;)

Many thanks

Andy

Andy

Please put me down for a set of late style for my 94 VR look so much better than the USA Syle.

Thanks for doing this.

RonW

Ahh you sod! Was hoping to save some money, can you put me down for a set please :thumbleft: