Jim

Who's your insurer?

Pleased to say I just got the VR reinsured at a great price finally. Lynbrook Insurance who I've used in recent years, and who a good friend of mine insurers a Scirocco with just came back with a price of £173. Needless to say I could barely get my card details out fast enough.

That's a real result. Thanks Lynbrook :)

That almost seems too cheap, given both the broker and the underwriter are making a profit! Still, don't look a gift horse in the mouth :)

Agreed on the inconsistency of insurance. You never know what to expect from one year to the next, but it's definitely getting cheaper I think. I just renewed my Ed30 at £284 based on 15K miles a year and no garage. That is by far the cheapest insurance I've had....on any car.....ever. A bit of a shock to the system as I'm still used to paying a grand to insure the VRT!

Just renewed with sky only £260, after a little haggling..Full ncb, agreed value 6.5k and 2k miles pa which suits me being a weekend car..

Pleased to say I just got the VR reinsured at a great price finally. Lynbrook Insurance who I've used in recent years, and who a good friend of mine insurers a Scirocco with just came back with a price of £173. Needless to say I could barely get my card details out fast enough.

That's a real result. Thanks Lynbrook :)

Well done, Jim!

I'm with marker study through Adrian Flux.

I'm 32, 3 points, no fault accident in 2012, average postcode I think, 4k limited, all mods declared, all extras except key and breakdown, and paid £198 although it's it expires end of next month. When I called I was originally quoted around £225. I told them thanks and I was just going to phone a couple more companies (although I'd already called most and be best I had before that was £275), but the guy said what can we do to get you to commit now? I said if you get below £200 I would. I thought I was pushing my luck tbh, but he went away, came back a few minutes later and did it for £198. I was pretty chuffed with that so accepted.

Nice bluff call, Sean!

yeah i suppose, good point jim.

my valver is on a 3k classic policy but with zero NCB, as that is used on the VR, & it was only about £180 ish

it just sounded odd that someone much younger than me, with less NCB would pay so much less on the VR

hey ho its done for another year now so not to worry

this is also due for renewal very soon so lets see how much my 1 yr NCB helps

What year again is your C?

Turbo storm stored away from home. Agreed value. 3k miles. Non daily though insured for work. £450 from brentacre. Top customer service!!

I just renewed my insurance yesterday. It had gone up to £153 from £126 with Adrian Flux. Rang LV classic who quoted me £128 when i rang Adrian Flux to cancel they matched there price. Standard vr6 limited to 3000mls.

Autoline insurance northern Ireland with uk breakdown 3k miles per year ect £125 role on April until I get er taxed and on the road, im 42yrs.

Just had my renewal from Flux, £256 full comp, 11 years NCB, window cover, 6k a year, garaged, alarm, lowered and exhaust..

Just tried Chris Nott and all they can do is match it... Guess I'll try Peter Jones.

Rog.

Is that inc an agreed value?

What's the score with agreed value these days... Do you just pull a figure out of thin air and pay the premium... Does someone have to come and look at it... Or is their someone in the CORRADO club that puts a figure in it.

I need a value on mine soon but don't have a clue...

Think its differs between insurers. Some require reports from a local valuer after you've taken the car to them, some will do it on photos and description/invoices of work carried out, and few will do it through mods on the CCGB I'd imagine.

Think its differs between insurers. Some require reports from a local valuer after you've taken the car to them, some will do it on photos and description/invoices of work carried out, and few will do it through mods on the CCGB I'd imagine.

Still none the wiser... :)

Edited by delfinis38

I'm with Zenith just now fully comp, 33 with 9+ years ncb, 10k a year at around 300 quid for my G60. They did however remove the option this year to drive other vehicles which is a bit of a pain. Apparently alot of insurers are beginning to do away with this benefit so check your policies.

Still none the wiser... :)

Its insurance bud, they change their mind on a weekly basis if it means they can get away with swindling a few more quid out drivers anyway! :rolleyes:

Mine was only 350 from directline inc green flag and travel to work - although no agreed value so will be changing this next time

Just had a quote from Lynbrook... £718... because I use it for going to work... thanks but no thanks...

Rog.

thats nuts Rog.

is that business cover included or a single place of work commute?

i have the latter on both my main VR policy & the classic limited miles valver policy & they are both leagues away from the lynbrook price

I've just swapped from Admiral multicar (as they dont cover vans themselves) to Brentacre as I've changed dailys to a LWB T5, the corrado is also insured for commuting and 5K per anum, both for less than £600

Update, so I phoned around and couldn't get it any cheaper, went back to Flux and reduced the mileage to 3000, also stuck the wife on it and got it down to £229... however that wasn't with agreed value and I could not protect my NCB but I can drive other cars 3rd party.

Rog.

Got my renewal through from Flux gone up £100 from last year!

Cover is £331 breakdown cover etc 5,000 miles per annum. Think i will give Peter James a ring.

Anyone else had any good deals since the last post on this thread?