G60MAT

Trimsport G60 & VR6 Front Grille Badges

As Trimsport continues to grow, we are now looking into new badges to expand our range. We already have original G60 and VR6 grille badges that we are looking into reproducing with the correct clips on the back. Badges would be available in both Red and Silver painted finish as per the originals.

Timescales and pricing are not confirmed yet but under £50. We would be interested to gauge interest below on these specific badges only.

A forum "bulk" quantity would speed things up...

Edited by G60MAT

Lol just when I was going to sell my mint genuine one...!!!!

ha ha was it a red one as well m8 ;) lol

£30 yes, £50 no.

Rog.

I had to re read this, i thought i was a badge and grill combination. But £50 for a badge? Pretty sure there's corrados going for less on ebay

I had to re read this, i thought i was a badge and grill combination. But £50 for a badge? Pretty sure there's corrados going for less on ebay

Having done my own research into this, it was going to cost me similar money to get the VR6 badge reproduced - and that was without putting any kind of profit on either and just doing it for forum members, not as a business. It's just very expensive doing this kind of reproduction work unfortunately. That and, if you want a "Corrado correct" VR6 grille badge, you aint got much choice! :)

When I looked in to it , the manufacturers told me the clips add on a lot more money . If they were just flat and stuck on , you could do them at a reasonable cost .

Having done my own research into this, it was going to cost me similar money to get the VR6 badge reproduced - and that was without putting any kind of profit on either and just doing it for forum members, not as a business. It's just very expensive doing this kind of reproduction work unfortunately. That and, if you want a "Corrado correct" VR6 grille badge, you aint got much choice! :)
Hasn't anyone tried a 3D 'print' of a VR6 grille badge.... or has this long since been suggested?

I believe it has, and iirc it was thought best to seek alternatives as the 3D plastic material they use is very brittle compared to most other plastics used for automotive trim, and the prongs/arms would likely snap the first time it was used to attach or remove it from the grille.

I believe it has, and iirc it was thought best to seek alternatives as the 3D plastic material they use is very brittle compared to most other plastics used for automotive trim, and the prongs/arms would likely snap the first time it was used to attach or remove it from the grille.
Ah.... yes. That sounds quite probable. Shame really, it might have been the most cost-effective answer.

I tried to bluff him into making some earlier and was going to look at getting a 3d print from somewhere. Oh dear

Looks like I hijacked a post and ****ed him off for no reason :(

We will be looking into a pre order on these and they are expensive to set up... give us a few days for a production update guys...

Id like to have a set on standby as it seems they are a frequent item stolen from the cars. I am on the lookout for a complete set front and rear.

Any ideas of what part number this front badge is for the early or later grille? 20219496

Also is there any method of brightening up the red paint - I saw it being done of the VR6 wheeler dealers. The red paint on mine is sort of faded.