lilfuzzer

low profile jack

Hi all I am thinking of buying a low profile jack for verity. It must have a rubber top.

What have people got and what are your thoughts?

thanks

Sgs engineering do a decent one. Most seem to be the same thing with different branding. When i bought mine it came with the longest guarantee. Also bought other jacks and Jack stands, cross beams etc from there.

As above got the low profile jack from sgs decent bit of kit. Ive heard the jack from costco is pretty good to but dont know if its a low profile.

Interesting that one dave 50 percent off too.

Will take a look at the sgs stuff jim

Have got a gift coming soon for long service and thought I'd teeat myself to a nice tool for it

jim and jon which one is that you got from there the ali one or the 3t low profile one?

Arcan from Costco bro

looks decent that chief just need a friend with a costco card!!!!

I've got one mate. Happy to pick one up for you as my Costco is about 2 mins from my house, but no idea when I'll see you next!

Cheers jim just thought of a problem my company will have to do a purchase order so costco will be out

Yep that was the one I was thinking of jon cheers

I bought a good one recently from Machine Mart, 2t and it has nylon wheels so it's pretty quiet when you move it around.

Good thread, now I want a low-profile jack! :lol:

the gf got me one of these last crimbo Mic http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-2-25-Ton-Low-Profile-Hydraulic-Trolley-Car-Jack-with-LED-Nut-Brace-/311067452378?hash=item486d10a3da

used it quite a few times & it is nice. the release turn was a tad sticky to start with but is improving such that you can lower it gently

All the cool kids have them

That's me out then!

Good looking jacks here, think I'll have a poke around the internet at lunch.

The other thing I really want (have requested for xmas) is a compressor. Anyone got one/recommendations?

Oooo led....

yup, shiny!

though ive not used the light function yet as I always put a small block of wood on top of it prior to lifting the car lol

That's me out then!

Good looking jacks here, think I'll have a poke around the internet at lunch.

The other thing I really want (have requested for xmas) is a compressor. Anyone got one/recommendations?

I have always bought Clark compressors. Steer clear of the cheap tiger ones as they don't last. What are you thinking of running with it?

Thinking maybe impact driver, spray gun, die grinder etc? Nothing too fancy.

For a spray gun you will get away with a 25l just about unless you are running it with a air feed mask (I won't spray without one) but for air gun min of 50l and you will have to wait for tank to fill fully to get the power needed on tough nuts. As for a grinder probably a 3hp 100/150 as it takes a lot to run them same as a da. I have a 3hp 150l which runs constantly when the DA is running. But they ain't cheap and take up a fair amount of space. I guess what I'm saying is buy the biggest you can afford/fit in.