Storm Guy

Replacement Fuel Pump - VR6, 2015 and onwards

So he needs a new sender and a 4 bar pump , either the JP set up or VDO.

The part number is 1H0906091C. A quick search comes up with quite a few results except the part number ends in a different letter. Any ideas if the last letter makes a difference? Thanks.

A different end letter usually indicates a later revision or update - it may fit, or there might be slight differences. Some of the Google images results look near identical to the VDO one, but you'd have to take a chance on it - main things would be the pressure and the fitting for the supply pipe.

Your chassis number used the Pierberg 4 bar pump. So you will need a sender and pump as you can no longer get a Pierberg pump as Fen mentioned . Your looking around £230 for VDO pump and sender or I reckon about £110 for the JP group but you will have to make some calls to JP Group to find out the part number of the sender and cost because VW Heritage are charging way too much and sold out .

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/931/subcategory/213010/part_id/3706612/lang/e

Edited by Keyo

Your chassis number used the Pierberg 4 bar pump. So you will need a sender and pump as you can no longer get a Pierberg pump as Fen mentioned . Your looking around £230 for VDO pump and sender or I reckon about £110 for the JP group but you will have to make some calls to JP Group to find out the part number of the sender and cost because VW Heritage are charging way too much and sold out .

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/931/subcategory/213010/part_id/3706612/lang/e

I already have a VDO sender which will save a few ££’s, May have a gamble and see if I can replace the pump itself - there are pumps listed for around £20.

Ok mate just make sure you have road side assistance if your going to have a punt on a £20 pump.

I already have a VDO sender which will save a few ££’s, May have a gamble and see if I can replace the pump itself - there are pumps listed for around £20.

You can just replace the fuel pump on its own and many have done this, here’s a link to the VR6 owners club where someone has fitted just the pump... https://www.vr6oc.com/forum/forums/topic/23839-fitting-walbro-fuel-pump-in-tank/

You can just replace the fuel pump on its own and many have done this, here’s a link to the VR6 owners club where someone has fitted just the pump... https://www.vr6oc.com/forum/forums/topic/23839-fitting-walbro-fuel-pump-in-tank/

This is what we've said already - if you can find a matching 4 bar pump unit, you can keep your old sender and swirl pot and just replace the pump body - the hard part will be finding a correct 4 bar unit, a lot of those owners on the VR6OC will be running 3 bar ones.

I've just not been able to source one yet, so went to replace the whole lot.

I think I need a new pump as well . My VR is a 92 . I swapped the pump over for a second hand one years ago, so I didn’t have to worry about buying the revised float . I occasionally get loss of power when exiting a roundabout as soon as I’m on the straight it’s fine . This is not due to lack of fuel as it’s done it when I’ve filled up . Once or twice ive had it pulling away in a straight line as well .

It could be loose on it's swirl pot mounts at the bottom of the tank - the rubber parts can perish.

It could be loose on it's swirl pot mounts at the bottom of the tank - the rubber parts can perish.

Why not just find out if the JP pump is 4 bar which Heritage advertised as and then install it with your VDO sender, all in £50 or so, from my experience trying other stuff will cost more in the long run.

Why not just find out if the JP pump is 4 bar which Heritage advertised as and then install it with your VDO sender, all in £50 or so, from my experience trying other stuff will cost more in the long run.

I will give them a call next week. I didn’t realise the units were so cheap from JP.I have just noticed the Euro Car Parts stock a 4 bar unit for £120.

Mine did this

I’ve just cleaned the car ,thought I’d go out for a little ride . I’m only doing short runs as I know something is about the give . I was just reversing on the drive, no throttle response at all , she stalled three times, I just couldn’t get the revs up , I don’t know if my sketchy idle is related to this ?. When it was driving it , all was fine no loss of power, pulling like a train .

Another question. How do you know when a fuel pump is shot ?. I can’t hear any whining from it . I’m at the stage now where I’m at a loss with idle and what seems like fuel problems. What I don’t want to do is start guessing and buying new expensive parts until I finally solve it .

Another question. How do you know when a fuel pump is shot ?. I can’t hear any whining from it . I’m at the stage now where I’m at a loss with idle and what seems like fuel problems. What I don’t want to do is start guessing and buying new expensive parts until I finally solve it .

Im changing my pump and refurbishing the injectors because of the mixture adaption fault code (exceeding), however mine sometimes stalls reversing uphill from a cold start and sometimes you get a smell of petrol from cold start.

All ready checked for

vacuum leak

changed whole exhaust including manifold,cat and down pipe gaskets that needed doing anyway.

Fuel pressure regulator

Mass Air Sensor

Reckon yours could be the same.

Fault code 00561

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00561

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96963[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

I’m just going to book her in now keyo . At 50 I neither have the time or motivation any more. I like to do small jobs , but fault finding is getting on my nerves. I have a whole list of the things I’ve checked and checked again , replaced with new parts.

They have all the special equipment to fault test so makes sense Rob , also I can tell its getting on your nerves so just bite the bullet and get her booked in.

This is what we've said already - if you can find a matching 4 bar pump unit, you can keep your old sender and swirl pot and just replace the pump body - the hard part will be finding a correct 4 bar unit, a lot of those owners on the VR6OC will be running 3 bar ones.

I've just not been able to source one yet, so went to replace the whole lot.

It’s irrelevant what the Golf VR6 boys are running, as the sytec pump shown in the link produces more than 4 bar running pressure,(I believe it’s nearer 10 bar) it’s the fuel pressure reg that takes care of your fueling pressure so this pump can be used in 3 or 4 bar systems.

Interestingly the JP pump that Keyo mentions.. The site says it’s suitable for Corrado G60 and VR6, The G60 is a 3 bar system so providing the nominal running pressure is rated at 4 Bar it will be ok providing your fuel sender fits but doubt it will on early cars.

But if anyone wants to just replace their pump with a 4 bar one here is the sytec direct replacement..

https://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/fuel-pump-for-volkswagen-corrado-vr6-29-p30311-24905-p.asp

You should hear the pump prime and come up to pressure when you first switch on the ignition. I have run 12v directly to the pump from a separate battery having removed the supply fuel line from the top of the fuel tank. Fuel should come gushing out so you will need to disconnect the power quickly! Also don’t have the 12v supply too close - petrol and sparks don’t mix! I have to use this method regularly, using reverse polarity first to get my sticky pump working.

Bauhaus thanks. The link shows just the pump but without the associated plastic bits which sit at the bottom of the OE pump. There are are couple of tabs on this, but I can’t figure how to remove it.