Storm Guy

Replacement Fuel Pump - VR6, 2015 and onwards

Thank you Fender , where would I find the later style sender?.

Jon has a VDO pump for sale brand new, and says he will take offers.

Cheapest person selling Sender and arrives in a few days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-VDO-221-833-002-011Z-FUEL-LEVEL-SENDER-VW-WHOLESALE-PRICE-SALE/163183083932?epid=249158734&hash=item25fe78419c:g:dmAAAOSwNSxVW4D6&frcectupt=true

Edited by Keyo

JP’s Tech Dept advised me that they do not manufacture a 4 bar pump suitable for a VR6. This is why I went for the John’s Pump in the end. The VDO sender fits the john’s Pump perfectly.

This confirms that the JP one that VW Heritage was selling must of been a three bar so best with the JP of Johns.

You cant buy a pierburg pump anymore therefore you have to buy a VDO (or 4 bar) pump and the VDO sender as your Pierburg sender will not fit the 4 bar pump.

Edited by Keyo

Yeah, ebay for the VDO sender as above, that's where I got mine, although I'm sure you could also order it through any motor factors that sells VDO parts.

Not sure about your question above? The early sender will only fit an early Pierburg pump body, and the VDO one will only fit the later pump bodies. They are a completely different design where they clip on to the swirl pot.

I think this is where my confusion is . I replaced my pump around 10 years ago with a second hand pump . I thought at the time it was a later style pump , from what I can gather it was an early pump .

Sorry chaps . I should be sorting this when I am with it . Work is horrendous at the moment , I get so tired nothing seems to sink in lol . I’m thinking of buying Jon’s pump he has for sale but it doesn’t come with the sender. Mine being early won’t fit it .

So the cheapest option you have is to buy the sender off ebay and the Johns pump , or alternatively cut a hole out of the chassis floor and do a Freddy Flinstone. I think all in that's under a £100 which is £250 cheaper then the JP pump and sender that VW Heritage was selling and by the sounds of it not even 4 bar,so your on to a winner.

Edited by Keyo

This is the old Pierburg from my car - from above. The sender is the blue plastic part on the left, and clips in differently to the VDO style - the way the wiring terminates on the sender is also different.

So the cheapest option you have is to buy the sender off ebay and the Johns pump , or alternatively cut a hole out of the chassis floor and do a Freddy Flinstone. I think all in that's under a £100 which is £250 cheaper then the JP pump and sender that VW Heritage was selling and by the sounds of it not even 4 bar,so your on to a winner.

So buy Jon’s pump he is selling on here and get the late sender off of eBay ?. I’ve typed in corrado fuel pump sender / vdu , all that comes up is the pumps ?.

So buy Jon’s pump he is selling on here and get the late sender off of eBay ?. I’ve typed in corrado fuel pump sender / vdu , all that comes up is the pumps ?.

Here is the cheapest place to get the sender.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-VDO-221-833-002-011Z-FUEL-LEVEL-SENDER-VW-WHOLESALE-PRICE-SALE/163183083932?epid=249158734&hash=item25fe78419c:g:dmAAAOSwNSxVW4D6&frcectupt=true

Thank you Keyo . I’m thinking of buying Jon’s pump he has for sale on here . This should fit it .

Thank you Keyo . I’m thinking of buying Jon’s pump he has for sale on here . This should fit it .

I would Rob, as Jon says on his thread parts for sale, " open to offers " . Then you will have the best quality/stock pump and sender on the market for a VR6, should last 20 years.

Cheers.

I can't remember whether my car is fitted with a GSF or ECP pump, the car runs fine, either £70 or £64 with the current discount codes. The pump is 4+ years old and the car still fires up, its currently SORN

Thanks for everyone’s input , it’s much appreciated. I’ve bought jons pump and the new VDU , off of eBay. Hopefully all will be well .

Thanks for everyone’s input , it’s much appreciated. I’ve bought jons pump and the new VDU , off of eBay. Hopefully all will be well .

Good news glad you sorted it.

Guys I have noticed this seller that I have used all ready is selling the VR6 VDO pump at a good price compared to sourcing elsewhere.

VDO 4 bar pump E22-041-060Z

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Siemens-VDO-Fuel-Pump-fits-Volkswagen-Passat-2-8-VR6-1988-1997-E22-041-060Z-NEW/372757028248?epid=249319123&hash=item56ca0cdd98:g:jZIAAOSwW4ddboAh

It says new old stock, I would email the seller and offer him £100 or less and say you can get it new still for £174.00 from Mister Auto.

Also cheapest for the Bosch Manifold Temperature sensor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Bosch-Temperature-Audi-MG-Rover-BMW-Porsche-VW-Sensor-0280130039-NEW/262035777918?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item3d028ca97e:g:9zcAAOSwcF9UW3Qx

Edited by Keyo

That's a good price for the pump - remember for an early VR with Pierburg pump you will need to buy the matching VDO sender as well.

I think I paid nearly 250 for mine new from VDO/Siemens.

Just a thought guys, would this fit on the Corrado VR6?

My son bought one for his MK2 project fitted with a mk3 VR6 fuel tank.

It works perfect with his 3.2 VR6 conversion so cant see why not?

Cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Pump-Sender-Unit-3-4-Bar-Spare-VW-Golf-MK3-Cabriolet-Vento-PWM-775047A/302267788691?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ouff... I just read those 6 pages and there's so much back and forth that I'm kind of lost! Links don't work anymore, pictures don't show as well so it doesn't help either.
Fuel pump is one of the last thing in my to-do list. Mine is fine for now but I would like to buy one before I need it in the future and can't find it anymore or cost twice as much...
So on a late 95 VR6 2.9L 4 bar fuel system, if I resume:
1) The car came factory with a VDO pump/swirl pot E22-041-060Z. The VW part number is 1H0 919 651 Q
2) The car came factory with a VDO sender unit 221-833-002-011 C or Z (NOT 100% ON THIS ONE). The VW part number is 535 919 673 C
3) A VDO swirl pot will work with the OEM sender or VDO sender
4) Pierburg was fitted only on early VR's and NLA now. Pierburg sender will only work on Pierburg swirl pot
5) You can't find just the pump and unfortunately we need to buy the swirl pot with it.
6) Bosch ones are not 4 bar as described but 3 bar so not good.
7) JP GROUP makes one that works but usually they make cheap aftermarket parts (to me anyways)

Did I miss something or made a mistake trying to clarify all of that info?

Dave16v recently bought a pump replacement for around £70?

halfway down the page

Edited by Dox