Yandards

[STRECHED TYRE FOLKS] Read Me Please

If your penis isn't long enough you could clamp it in a vice and stretch it out as much you can, but it certainly won't function correctly afterwards.

Are you speaking from experience?

I like the balloon look :D 195/50s are a lot cheaper than 205/50s though! I guess VW did it on the VR to get a bigger contact patch? Heavier car, more power and all that. Just a shame 205/50 is such a weird size and a pain to get in decent brands / compounds.

£72 each for RE002's fitted m8 in a 205/50 - had 2 new ones on the front of the VR last week :D

RE002's in 195/50's are £14 per tyre cheaper than the 205's

the 205's have come down about £10-£15 over the past 18 months or so too

I just picked up some Toyo Proxys from Demon Tweaks delivered 205/50 for £160 a set!!! and a set of the 195/50's for £112 (for my Renault 11 Turbo), great deals out there!

Almost, but the vice would'n't open wide enough.

Damn girth.

Not sure that others would call this a vice :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82808[/ATTACH]

Ultimately by running excessive stretch you are opening yourself to this sort of incident and looking at the rear wheels this guy is not running huge amounts of stretch:

Whoops!

This had nothing to do with stretch, but incorrect speed rating.

http://www.ilovebass.co.uk/article/334/gethin-evans-mk3-golf/

so, what this has made me think about (apart from peoples temper on the interweb) is the width measurement of tyres, does the '195' in 195-50-15 refer to the tread width?

My old sebrings were 6.5J rims which is 165mm, clearly no relation to the tyre width???

I then fitted the same 195 tyres to 7J rims and was advised that they would 'control the sidewall better in cornering', which made sense, but is that BS?

6.5 is the measurement of the inner lips, the total wheel width is about an inch more so 195 on 7.5" is about right. 'J' BTW doesn't have anything to do with the width, it's the shape of the tyre bead.

It's all a bit grey to me too. Chaps in motorsport recommend matching the wheel width to tyre width, so 8J should have a 205 fitted. Sounds logical and sensible, but put a 205 onto a typical 8J rim and it's slightly stretched. And what is 205 on the VR6's 6.5J all about??!

My Edition 30 runs 7.5Jx18, but with 225 tyres. Odd.

See above - 8" will actuall be 9" on outside edge, so 225 tyre will be about right for flat/flush tyre fitment.

I'm soooo happy I mot my own car haha, no hassle fat wheels, tidy stretch, big smile

I think they look ok , but i aleays wonder how you drive it ! Surely it will just smash the arch and handle like a bag of ****

Not digging just wondering , i like to drive my cars not smash them to bits and quite clerly if you go over a bump those will hit the arch and wither bend the arch or cut in to the tyres , either way you would be hopeless on the back roads

Haha ud be surprised my dear fellow, she handles like a beast, but she's also very hard, not much give in the suspension, so no rubbing, dose need to be raised a touch haha, I live in North Wales an there are plenty of back roads to do my head in